Speculation: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stungun

Feb 28, 2002
Portland, ME
www.seanrileysite.com
I don't see DiPietro being bought out until Wang's in Brooklyn, with more revenue coming in.If Wang sells the whole team or the majority share, a new owner may prefer an immediate buyout.

wont it be to late (nope), amnesty buyouts are this summer 2013 (edit... and summer 2014!), islanders move to brooklyn in 2014-2015 i believe.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
wont it be to late, amnesty buyouts are this summer 2013, islanders move to brooklyn in 2014-2015 i believe.

Wang won't want the compliance buyout because the salary won't count against the cap.

He uses DiPietro's salary to reach the cap floor, even with DiPietro playing in the AHL.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Maybe we could pry Clarkson from the Devils

I doubt it

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Maybe we could pry Clarkson from the Devils

I doubt it

New Jersey is in a playoff position and Clarkson is their leading goal scorer. He's not going anywhere even if he's a UFA. Unless the Devils have a terrible stretch of games in the next few weeks, he won't be going anywhere.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If Krecji is injured its got to light a fire under Chia's ass to make a move.

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
In light of the injury to Kelly and now possibly Krejci I think Derek Roy might be a good target. Shoots left and would certainly add a scoring element to the third line when everyone is healthy. Can fill in the top six if necessary too

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Still need a partner to make a trade. Hang in there

Nope, didn't you hear? These guys are just sitting on isle 5 at the grocery store. All you have to do is pick em up and get to the register. Oh and we're in luck, Chia is the only person shopping...

I wish I had the TSN Intermission report w/ McKenzie when he spoke about how he's heard that prices for players right now are astronomical and that GM's are having a tough time making deals.

So many teams are still in the race that the sellers market vs the buyers market is so lopsided that you will have to overpay for anything decent.

I haven't seen anyone say that Chia should do nothing (cept for the krejci situation).

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nope, didn't you hear? These guys are just sitting on isle 5 at the grocery store. All you have to do is pick em up and get to the register. Oh and we're in luck, Chia is the only person shopping...

I wish I had the TSN Intermission report w/ McKenzie when he spoke about how he's heard that prices for players right now are astronomical and that GM's are having a tough time making deals.

So many teams are still in the race that the sellers market vs the buyers market is so lopsided that you will have to overpay for anything decent.

I haven't seen anyone say that Chia should do nothing (cept for the krejci situation).

That's a great mental image. Snipers on aisle two, puck-moving defensemen on aisle five... :laugh:

Yeah, almost every team in the league is still in the hunt and you know that any GM is going to want the Bruins' top prospects just to start. If it was easy to just fill a hole they would have done so already.

Playing GM is like playing hockey - it's easy as pie on your living-room couch.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site

That's a great point, if Chia's looking to pick someone up that's just sitting around hoping the phone is going to ring his options are very limited. I haven't seen too many posts looking for the B's to re-sign Brian Rolston, or to give Jason Arnott his third try-out this year.

Without thinking too much about it, those are the first 2 options I could come up with as a stop-gap 3rd line C that wouldn't cost picks / prospects to acquire. I'd rather see them give Spooner a shot with the big club.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008

You can also shop online now. Hockeysfuture.com and they have a toll free number. 1 800 GRE-TZKY. I remember an interview with Parcells. I think when they traded for Bledsoe when he was at dallas. Talking about making a change to Romo. He says something like you can't just dial 1-800-quarterback. Have to develop.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

That's a great mental image. Snipers on aisle two, puck-moving defensemen on aisle five... :laugh:

Yeah, almost every team in the league is still in the hunt and you know that any GM is going to want the Bruins' top prospects just to start. If it was easy to just fill a hole they would have done so already.

Playing GM is like playing hockey - it's easy as pie on your living-room couch.

Isn't it frustrating though to not do anything in the summer with free agency when I *assume* it's easier to to upgrade then try to upgrade during the season? Prices are too high.. I mean, did anyone other then Chiarelli think Bourque was a capable third line NHL'er?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

ha ha..... it's so true.

If you go to any of the sites listing the trades since January, they are underwhelming to say the least. Most of the names I don't even recognize. Those that I do, have for the most part bombed in their new settings (Ponikarovsky, Gagne, etc.).

The only one that held any promise and I wish we'd been in on was Ryder, but:

1) We didn't have an Eric Cole type to send back.
2) Apparently Chia did not have the same incriminating photos on Niewendyck that Montreal did. :laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well if Chia is gonna have to overpay he is gonna have to over pay this yr.He has two choices if thats the case then right?One would be over pay and have shot at the Cup.Or two would be not to and Bruins will not win Cup with team as is.Pretty simple. On positive side,there is still time left for few teams to slip and as it gets closer teams with U F A,s like Iginla will get a little more nervous .They will not want to keep him after deadline without extension signed.Lets keep waiting.Not long now one way or the other.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
I read on ESPN(sorry no link, it was about two weeks ago) Chicago may buy out Hossa next year. Would anyone have interest in him? I know he has a long contract(I want to say until he is 42) and get's paid 8Mil plus, but any interest in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad