Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings: Version VII- Could Liles be Garnering Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Bozak at $4.5-5M

- Well I can see him wanting that much, here's Grabo with similar point totals and he gets $5.5M, Bozak is the "1st line centre" here, I could see him wanting a deal similar to Grabos. The problem is giving both guys $5.5/M for the next several years, that's 11M tied up in them, and both aren't worth it.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
hypothetically if we sign getzlaf and perry, how might the cap work for us long term?

anyone wanna take a run at it?

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
hypothetically if we sign getzlaf and perry, how might the cap work for us long term?

We have seen that these owners want to spend all the money necessary to win. (i.e. Jays payroll and Raps) Rumours that Burke was fired over his lack of doing what was necessary to win (long back diving contracts) If those players reach UFA it is certainly within our means to sign them.

------

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Bozak at $4.5-5M

- Well I can see him wanting that much, here's Grabo with similar point totals and he gets $5.5M, Bozak is the "1st line centre" here, I could see him wanting a deal similar to Grabos. The problem is giving both guys $5.5/M for the next several years, that's 11M tied up in them, and both aren't worth it.
I sure hope Bozak isn't seriously after those numbers, otherwise he can go wherever he wants. We can't pay him that. Plus if Kadri is going to keep on developing well then he's just a better faceoff % away from taking Bozak's spot.

The question of what the team does with Bozak should be interesting. They will have to decide what his role would be going forward and put a number on that.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I may have asked this before but how are nhl players paid? Every other week? Every week?

I believe every day of the season from opening day on training camp to the last day of the regular season. Just divide that by the amount they get paid a year, and that's what they make.

I could be wrong though.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think we have our potential #1 C in Kadri and our potential #1 D in Rielly.

It's really up to Reimer whether he can become our long term #1, as he definitely has the potential imo.. Injuries are really holding him back as well

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

In terms of their personal cap hits or how we'd fit them on the team?

Bottom line. If if youre able to add guys of that calibre, do so, and trade/move other guys to make room. Grabo is overpaid, Komi will be bought out this summer, Lupul could be moved, etc. and our top 6 would still be far far better, with Perry, Getzlaf, Kessel, Kadri, JVR, MacArthur, etc. and id prefer to have a guy like Perry on the team overpaiid by 1-1.5M compared to a guy like Grabo who is overpaid by the same amount.

In saying that, I highly doubt Getzlaf leaves Anaheim, and if Perry leaves, we're just one of several teams that have a decent shot.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Bozak will get $3-$3.5. Comparables to him would be Wellwood and Stajan I'd think.
I also think that Kadri will get a short-term bridge contract. Probably $3.5 for 2 years, and then will get a bigger contract. Sort of like the contract that Duchene got as a comparable

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Bozak will get $3-$3.5. Comparables to him would be Wellwood and Stajan I'd think.
I also think that Kadri will get a short-term bridge contract. Probably $3.5 for 2 years, and then will get a bigger contract. Sort of like the contract that Duchene got as a comparable

I do think the Kadri contract will be a short one, but I think he might get a bit lower. Somewhere close to 2.75. As good as he has been this year, it isn't substantial enough to know what you will see from him.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country

If we're using Stajan and Wellwood as comparables to Bozak then the only thing he's getting is a ticket out of here, which can't happen soon enough.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
Yea I am starting to think a shakeup is in order for Grabo.

Just looking at Nashvilles lineup and their highest scorer being Colin Wilson. I wonder if they would be interested in Grabo to inject some more offense into their lineup.

I know they arent a team with a lot of payroll options so salary would have to come back.

So what about a deal around:

Grabo + 3rd for Legwand + 1st

Legwand is on the wrong side of 30, getting paid 4.5 million, would be a downgrade on Grabo, but he could continue providing what Grabo is currently doing and only on the books for another year. We also get a 1st back for taking the downgrade on Grabo. I dunno if they would be interested in trading Legwand, but hey its worth a proposal.

Yeah good luck sending him to the team that has the Kostitsyns :sarcasm:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nashville is lowest scoring team in the NHL.

Wonder if this is the year they change their coach?

Leafs have some scoring to spare ... still like to pry Wilson away from them.

Like to see him get a chance on a team with some desire to score, and play him as the center he was drafted to be.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto

Like to see him get a chance on a team with some desire to score, and play him as the center he was drafted to be.

Wilson is one of my favourite players, and I truly think he could be a 1b/2a power centre. He'd be great between JVR/Lupul and Kessel.

If we could get a package of Wilson and Watson somehow, I'd be ecstatic. Grabo, Mac, pick? I dunno.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
Bozak has a place on the team, as our third line checking centre...He should be paid accordingly as Burke tried to suggest for years.

Grabo can then become our 2nd line, instead of checking line, and we'll see how that goes. Give him scoring linemates and he either sinks or swims. I can't imagine a scenario where we keep Kadri on the secondary scoring unit unless he absolutely ***** the bed the rest of the way.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
So Nashville's the lowest scoring team....

and that means they are going to trade their #1 point producer?

Makes sense to me!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Grabovski for Blum + 2nd would be something id consider as soon as we need capspace

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Grabovski for Blum + 2nd would be something id consider as soon as we need capspace

Because he's right handed, maybe.

But we're already trying to find room for Jake Gardiner, plus there's Morgan Rielly on the horizon (and even JM Liles around).

With the graduation of Kadri/Frattin, we're a little lacking at young forward depth, I'd rather go that route.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Nashville has 2 assets we would love to get Wilson & Watson

Why not put a package together that gets them

Gabo ( adds scoring ) 1st 2013 and top prospect

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Because he's right handed, maybe.

But we're already trying to find room for Jake Gardiner, plus there's Morgan Rielly on the horizon (and even JM Liles around).

With the graduation of Kadri/Frattin, we're a little lacking at young forward depth, I'd rather go that route.

We have Kadri, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Frattin as likely long term options. Blum provides us with a strong two-way presence and a D to play the right side. Top 4 of Rielly, Gardiner, Phaneuf, Blum sets us for a decade, the rest of our D can be sold for forward prospects or picks.

Not to mention, with Grabovski gone, and the capspace gained by a buyout of Liles and Komisarek would put us around $10 mill of free space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad