Prospect Info: 2013 Draft Thread: DousedInOil's Annual Rankings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hmmm...notice that JJ Hebert, who's in charge of the Oilers twitter account and always around the team, has only mentioned Monahan, Nurse and Barkov so far.

I'm looking into it too much :laugh:

Sloth Slothersons*

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 3m
Darnell Nurse on his edge: "I like to hit people. Honestly."

I don't know about drafting this psychopath..

:sarcasm:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dustin Nielson says EDM held visits with Monahan, Nurse and Horvat.

I think these are the three targets folks. Monahan or Nurse, Horvat if they move down

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Dustin Nielson says EDM held visits with Monahan, Nurse and Horvat.

I think these are the three targets folks. Monahan or Nurse, Horvat if they move down

Could be, but at the same time if Lindholm and Nichushkin (and maybe Barkov, depending if they are looking to trade up) were back in Europe, maybe it just didn't work out to have them come to EDM, and it doesn't necessarily reflect whether the Oilers are interested in them or not?

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
Nurse likes hitting people. Any prospect/player who says that get's a +1 in my book. Also went on said that he rather give the hit then receive it. He looked up to and followed many players, like Jerome Iginla. Doesn't care where he get's drafted. He confirmed the Oilers have kept in contact with him even after the combine. Huge possibility for us to take him, unless he's taken earlier.

Sloth Slothersons*

I would feel much better if his last name was Doctor. Rather we take a centerman.

CanadianCommie

Cold North Comrade
Jul 25, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
If Nurse is truly the BPA at 7, then pick him.

It's that simple.

As much as we NEED other things, the Oilers shouldn't pass up on a great asset just because they think they know better. Given this organization's track record, a bit of a simplification of the process seems like the best path to take.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Carolina hasn't brought Monahan in for any additional interview post-combine.

I shall continue the Monahan boosting. Bwahaha.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I *really* want Nichushkin. Would settle with Monahan or Lindholm though.

Would be less excited about Nurse because I really don't want to wait for a defenseman. Love Horvat but not at 7.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
Stuck in NYC traffic, might as well tweet the results of a survey I do with NHL scouts on respective "best of" for prospects.

Prospect most ready to step into NHL and play now: Nathan MacKinnon tops, Seth Jones runner up.

Prospect with the most complete game: Aleksander Barkov with the win over Nathan MacKinnon.

Biggest draft day Wild Card prospect: Winger Valery Nichushkin, with 8 out of 10 votes.

Prospect with the best shot: Brandon dman Ryan Pulock. Seth Jones got a couple of votes too.

Fastest skater: Nathan MacKinnon.

Jonathan Drouin was runaway leader in 3 categories: best puckhandler, best playmaker, best hockey sense. And it wasn't close in any of them.

Biggest/hardest hitter: London Knight defenceman Nikita Zadorov.

Toughest prospect: Sam Morin with slight lead over J-I Diaby and Ryan Hartman.

Best agitator: Plymouth's Ryan Hartman with clear win but guy he fought in Prospects Game Kerby Rychel got a couple of votes.

Best pure goal-scorer: Anthony Mantha with the win over Drouin, MacKinnon, Shinkaruk. Mantha scored 50 this season.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
Stuck in NYC traffic, might as well tweet the results of a survey I do with NHL scouts on respective "best of" for prospects.

Prospect most ready to step into NHL and play now: Nathan MacKinnon tops, Seth Jones runner up.

Prospect with the most complete game: Aleksander Barkov with the win over Nathan MacKinnon.

Biggest draft day Wild Card prospect: Winger Valery Nichushkin, with 8 out of 10 votes.

Prospect with the best shot: Brandon dman Ryan Pulock. Seth Jones got a couple of votes too.

Fastest skater: Nathan MacKinnon.

Jonathan Drouin was runaway leader in 3 categories: best puckhandler, best playmaker, best hockey sense. And it wasn't close in any of them.

Biggest/hardest hitter: London Knight defenceman Nikita Zadorov.

Toughest prospect: Sam Morin with slight lead over J-I Diaby and Ryan Hartman.

Best agitator: Plymouth's Ryan Hartman with clear win but guy he fought in Prospects Game Kerby Rychel got a couple of votes.

Best pure goal-scorer: Anthony Mantha with the win over Drouin, MacKinnon, Shinkaruk. Mantha scored 50 this season.

Good stuff. McKenzie has direct access to a pile of top scouts minds so it's interesting to see this info "from the horses mouth".

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
From Corey Pronman's mock draft:

7. Edmonton Oilers, C Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL)

Several sources believe the big Russian defenseman Nikita Zadorov is Edmonton's target at this spot, but the team has been very straightforward about wanting a center, even naming Sean Monahan. If Monahan is taken by now, I have heard that Edmonton is high on Lindholm as well. If the Oilers trade down, there are a number of players I believe they would target, including Zadorov, Darnell Nurse, Bo Horvat, and Curtis Lazar.

Greasy Sliders

Jun 29, 2012
What would you guys think if edmonton was to move down , acquiring an nhl-ready player and taking Morin in the last half of the draft?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What would you guys think if edmonton was to move down , acquiring an nhl-ready player and taking Morin in the last half of the draft?

MacT already stated he doesn't want to move past 14 and even that was too low. Besides, with a player like Morin, you have no idea where he is going to go. He could go top 10 or be around at the end of the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad