Prospect Info: 2013 Draft Thread: DousedInOil's Annual Rankings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
More "proof" that Edmonton has Monahan at 5, Nurse at 6, Valeri at 7:

Bob Stauffer just predicted that the Oilers would select Nichushkin at 7 if we keep 7, "assuming Monahan is off the board", and Stauffer has been a big advocator of Nurse to Carolina.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
I agree that looks like it could be a great LW combo for years to come, but when we're as weak as we are at center and D it doesn't make sense to keep on stockpiling the wings. Unless we wan't to just propose a rule that face offs don't exist and no back checking allowed. Who know's that might actually be entertaining.

Edit- Not that I'm against drafting Nichushkin if he's there. I like PRV a lot, but if a much higher upside LW is what we draft then he does become expandable to use on a D or center upgrade.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I agree that looks like it could be a great LW combo for years to come, but when we're as weak as we are at center and D it doesn't make sense to keep on stockpiling the wings. Unless we wan't to just propose a rule that face offs don't exist and no back checking allowed. Who know's that might actually be entertaining.

Edit- Not that I'm against drafting Nichushkin if he's there. I like PRV a lot, but if a much higher upside LW is what we draft then he does become expandable to use on a D or center upgrade.

If he becomes expandable, I say we keep him. Turn him into a 9 foot nightmare for defences to deal with :sarcasm:

If we draft Nichuskin, it does make PRV more expendable. The biggest worry I have with trading PRV is that our depth on the left side currently stinks.

Hall - Smyth - ...

Smyth should not play on the second line anymore, and even with Nichuskin, who we'd likely start in the big leagues, it's not that great.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
If he becomes expandable, I say we keep him. Turn him into a 9 foot nightmare for defences to deal with :sarcasm:

If we draft Nichuskin, it does make PRV more expendable. The biggest worry I have with trading PRV is that our depth on the left side currently stinks.

Hall - Smyth - ...

Smyth should not play on the second line anymore, and even with Nichuskin, who we'd likely start in the big leagues, it's not that great.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I just failed on an all new level haha, though expandable players could be the way og the future, it would really neutralize chara at least.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Really starting to get excited about Nicushkin. Turned down khl money to be in nhl next year. Even if he plays on 3rd or 4th line for next coupla years can bring size skill exuberance. But fine with nurse and monahan too. As long as we keep the pick and dont go of the board im good.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Really starting to get excited about Nicushkin. Turned down khl money to be in nhl next year. Even if he plays on 3rd or 4th line for next coupla years can bring size skill exuberance. But fine with nurse and monahan too. As long as we keep the pick and dont go of the board im good.

If Nichushkin pans out...there's our Hossa or our poor man's Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad