For TBT:

For TBT:

For everyone else....

160bdw2.jpg

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Nesterov really impressed me from the little amounts of clips that I saw. Gusev also showed some very impressive vision throughout the 3-on-3.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Would really be interest in some thoughts on the gollowibg guys:

Sergeev
Nesterov
Our new 7th rounders
Gusev
The invitees
Wilcox
Blujus
Dotchin (any pro material in him at all?)

Basically I would like to hear notes about our lesser prospects that haven't been mentioned a lot yet.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I come bearing gifts from yesterday.

For TBT:

For TBT:

For everyone else....

160bdw2.jpg

Thanks for the vids CC!

It's a good thing you didn't upload your "behind the scenes" footage. You know, the secret hidden cams from the showers and change rooms :laugh:

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Sergeev
Nesterov
Our new 7th rounders
Gusev
The invitees
Wilcox
Blujus

Basically I would like to hear notes about our lesser prospects that haven't been mentioned a lot yet.

Sergeev kind of strikes me as more of a stay at home D-man. He is definetly a few years away, but you can clearly see the potential. He does well in putting himself in front of the shooter and taking him away from the puck. When he does control the puck himself he seems poised. I can see him as a decent bottom pairing D-man in the future.

Nesterov Definitely the guy with the offensive potential out of the two Russian Dmen there. He is very calm with the puck and has some pretty good hands. He is not afraid to do anything gutsy which will be nice on the highlight reel but can come back to bite him in the ass. The good thing is though, he has the talent to do so now we just need to coach him out of it. I can see him QBing a powerplay for us in the future. probably 1 to 2 years away. Would like to see how he does in the AHL to further evaluate, but i think its pretty apparent he has top 4 potential. Glad we have him.

Didn't really notice the others. Granted I was paying the most attention to Vasi, Kucherov and Drouin. :/

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013

Sergeev
Nesterov
Our new 7th rounders
Gusev
The invitees
Wilcox
Blujus

My quicky impressions.

Sergeev actually has pretty good offensive abilities. If his D keeps improving, he could be a 2way 2nd pairing NHLer.

Nesterov is a bit undersized, but he has good skills, works really hard, and is physical. A slightly less physical version of Gudas.

Gudlevskis moves like a NHL goalie. No odd angles or flopping around. Precise and professional looking.

Ikonen looked smart defensively, but passed and shot well also. A good pick.

Gusev can make thread the needle passes. Great hands, great vision. Looked a bit small and weak to me.

Hopefully, they Youtube the video so we can watch it again.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Zettler has to be pretty stoked about getting Kucherov, Sergeev, Nesterov, plus Gusev, if he stays.

Anyone know if Gusev will get an opportunity to make the Syracuse team, or is it already determined he will return to the KHL? Looking forward to seeing the reported chemistry between Kucherov and Gusev in the AHL sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad