Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp

TASA

Jun 19, 2007
Digby, NS
I love these vids guys. I have been sharing them on my FB. I am from Halifax and have a lot of friends that watched Jo the last few years with the Moose, that wouldn't get to see them otherwise.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I love these vids guys. I have been sharing them on my FB. I am from Halifax and have a lot of friends that watched Jo the last few years with the Moose, that wouldn't get to see them otherwise.

Like me! It was a privilege to watch Jo, you guys are in for a treat. He's gonna be a dynamo, and he and Stamkos are going to be terrifying to play against. Crosby + Malkin may be Sakic + Forsberg, but now you've got your Kariya + Selanne. It's gonna be fun to watch.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Any news on Vermin? Has he looked good?

Having been playing in the Swiss NLA for 4 years now, he should be playing at a very high level.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Any chance Erne makes the big team this year?

I say yes they sent a weight coach with him yzerman had him doing a lot of interviews as many as drouin.

Cooper's style is fit for ERNE period. Also the last thing yzerman told him what he expects from him before camp this year.

I think Erne is not instant but when he comes by end of year he is fixture as much as nate thompson and never going back down.

His style of play is what Cooper demands and will be good on our fourth line.

So I have said from moment we drafted him on this and only see it more based on what see from his twitter and others etc.. his interviews etc..

He is perfect guy for Coopers system he just has to listen and do what he is told.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Gudlevskis should be in Florida already. :) He departed from Riga two days ago.

I loved all of our goalies in 3-3's but he stood out to me second behind only vasi super impressive but expected it since people are using the hasek thing with him:)

Will say this vasi looked like hasek to me just bigger solid flopping around instantly up man is like a dammed cat lmao cant wait till he is our franchise we got some winners wilcox was great the fa call in he deserves some looks after stoning two good teams and than going 7 rounds in quarterfinals shootout till kucherov did a slapper unreal the talent everyone yelling about goaltenders the future is blinding bright.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I assumed the video is gonna stay up on tampabaylightning.com for anyone ever wantin to see the 3 on 3's

Kucherov hit three slappers to win each game quarterfinals semifinals and finals day before team lost everything primarily that tells you the kid is gamer and when the pressure is on at his best.

He impressed me more than anyone but GOD ohhh sorry VASI I see things in VASI that make me giggle think someone said to be that fast at that size?

I dont have any comparisons honestly he has sick skills like nothing ive seen hasek abilities sure and hes HUGE.

All the goalies impressed me broussard? going seven round shootout stoning people he deserves future look imo wilcox? Hope he leaves college comes to the cuse this year honestly. Cristers? Had a feeling for sure second best goalie.

Saliminim?? He was solid nothing special.

Nesterov has a mean slap shot I see Seergeev as special offense size d man his upside is wayyyy past nesterovs imo.

Mullin very impressive hart solid

I honestly see st louis or drouin stamkos and kucherov as a power play like messier kurri and gretsky and know that is saying a lot but the guy whom stood up and out the most to me is kucherov his slap shot winning games when it counts and on the line? Those guys are rare.

Everyone was solid pacquette was impressive puck control shooting etc.. even though vasi stoned him in finals and only let kuch beat him lol. Oh by the way with his slapper. Which I thought was best ive seen since stamkos.

Super happy had questions where are we goaltending how good is vasi? Those are answered this team is gonna be SICK for a very very very long time.

I am unsure if drouin is right off bat call up think erne makes it this year think palat and johnson get full shots and deserve them also think d barberio should get his shot he earned it others might disagree.

Plenty of d sustr sergeev koekkoek witkowski korobov all in syracuse this year?

Connolly I do not view as ready he needs another year his stats fell off in playoffs also namestinikov needs at least a year.

Seeming more and more we keep malone and do nothing on trades for D right now:(

I do not agree with that but im not stevie and have faith in stevie and cooper.

Lines killorn marty stammer purcell valtteri drouin? malone johnson palat? thompson panik and than take your pick labrie and any number of guys they can bring up etc..

I think tryrell is done they seem to really like pyatt smart but undersized cooper likes him though yet think is matter of time till some of these guys push through.

I do not see kucherov drouin erne staying in ahl for a full year? Think all get to lightning this year. Think JT Brown also in mix. I know dont rush them yet the skill is that good so if can play two way games? Cant hold them down lol.

Makes it very nice for Stevie at some point we got a super bright future.

I am a detroit fan and lightning fan been here 16 years and loved stevie being hired what he has done though after the debacle of OK is AMAZING didnt expect to see this sooo fast. Yet is some luck involved johnson undrafted palat whom cooper said was glue of syracuse 7th rounder? This young making jump and playoff stats? WOW.

Just amazing is all I can say.

Anyone wanting to add me talk sports hockey etc..

robertguess2009 at twitter
facebook
http://www.facebook.com/thetick33

One note is like 6-7 good rooms on facebook talk about lightning is some hmmmm not smart fans lol whom dont get it at times which I am sure some of you would agree if were members of those pages lol but is what it is.

Have people whom say stevie has to get to playoffs to keep job lol.

Have people whom say defense is terrible without having stats or knowing stats or without knowledge of how bad boucher system was on the d?

Yet is some very good peeps on some of these boards knowledge is good lots of sharing of stuff from twitter etc..:) GOOD STUFF.

Thanks everyone for your views and submissions cause I am gonna get busy with work so anything that makes it easier for me to get my hockey fix lol and knowledge of what I love is sooooo appreciated words wont ever suffice!!

I mean that and consider you all friends because of it!!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
All the goalies impressed me broussard? going seven round shootout stoning people he deserves future look imo wilcox? Hope he leaves college comes to the cuse this year honestly. Cristers? Had a feeling for sure second best goalie.
Wilcox needs to stay put. He's in a good program and there's no need to rush a young guy like him. With Desjardins and Helenius already under contract and Gudlevskis possibly the replacement for Nagle on the depth chart there's no room for him anyway.

I am unsure if drouin is right off bat call up think erne makes it this year think palat and johnson get full shots and deserve them also think d barberio should get his shot he earned it others might disagree.
It's highly highly unlikely Erne makes the team. Really, his chances are slim to none. It's the same as Wilcox, take it slow. He's 18 right out of the draft. Give him time. Besides you have a ton of players in Syracuse who are much more prepared and developed like Connolly, Panik, Brown, Palat, and Johnson.
Plenty of d sustr sergeev koekkoek witkowski korobov all in syracuse this year?
Not Koekkoek. He's too young. He has to be 20 to be AHL eligible.
Connolly I do not view as ready he needs another year his stats fell off in playoffs also namestinikov needs at least a year.
Connolly's stats where fine. He's ready. It's just a question if he's better than his competition when training camp comes around. There's only a few spots open and it might be even harder if it's a certain role they want him to play.

Seeming more and more we keep malone and do nothing on trades for D right now:(

I do not agree with that but im not stevie and have faith in stevie and cooper.

Lines killorn marty stammer purcell valtteri drouin? malone johnson palat? thompson panik and than take your pick labrie and any number of guys they can bring up etc..
Crombeen in there somewhere too.
I think tryrell is done they seem to really like pyatt smart but undersized cooper likes him though yet think is matter of time till some of these guys push through.
I agree on Tyrell. His time in running out here. His offensive game never developed at the NHL level and although he can hit, he's really not built to hold up as a 4th liner. I'm viewing him and Pyatt around the same right now in the sense that they were both Boucher loved players who aren't really in the future plan with Coop as the new head coach. I don't think Cooper liked Pyatt as much because he scratched him and Pouliot a lot near the end. Pouliot wasn't apart of the plan and wasn't retained. So Pyatt and Tyrell are here so he'll use them possibly, but I would have to guess if they were UFAs or RFAs this season, they wouldn't be coming back.
I do not see kucherov drouin erne staying in ahl for a full year?
Drouin and Erne can't play in the AHL this year. Like Koekkoek it's either the NHL or back to the CHL.

One note is like 6-7 good rooms on facebook talk about lightning is some hmmmm not smart fans lol whom dont get it at times which I am sure some of you would agree if were members of those pages lol but is what it is.

Have people whom say stevie has to get to playoffs to keep job lol.

Have people whom say defense is terrible without having stats or knowing stats or without knowledge of how bad boucher system was on the d?

Yet is some very good peeps on some of these boards knowledge is good lots of sharing of stuff from twitter etc..:) GOOD STUFF.

Thanks everyone for your views and submissions cause I am gonna get busy with work so anything that makes it easier for me to get my hockey fix lol and knowledge of what I love is sooooo appreciated words wont ever suffice!!

I mean that and consider you all friends because of it!!

Welcome to HF! :) This place right here has some of the most knowledgeable and devoted bolt fans you'll find around. It's a really great group. :nod:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yeah, team policy states they won't take anyone out of school. Expect a full four years in Minnesota for Wilcox, and thats probably the best thing for him. Not to mention the FJ factor, i'd kinda rather him stay away for now.

Expect Drouin, Palat, Panik, Johnson, and Barberio with the big club this year. That seems to be the plan so far.

aintgonnabe

Nov 19, 2011
Greetings from Latvia, guys. I am very curious about how our Gudlevskis did in the camp? He had his breakout moment this year playing successfully in the WC but can he become an NHL goalie? Seeing how everyone is very impressed with Vasilevsky, there seems to be little room for Gudlevskis. Please share your thoughts, cheers :)

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Greetings from Latvia, guys. I am very curious about how our Gudlevskis did in the camp? He had his breakout moment this year playing successfully in the WC but can he become an NHL goalie? Seeing how everyone is very impressed with Vasilevsky, there seems to be little room for Gudlevskis. Please share your thoughts, cheers :)

Ok, some things about Vasilevskiy. He's, by far, better than any other goalie prospect in our system. Gudlevskis is a rougher similarly sized version of Vasilevskiy. Gudlevskis is not as far along as Vasya and he's older. This isn't to say that Gudlevskis doesn't have a shot at making the NHL, he's just going to have to work and learn in the ECHL/AHL. Problem for him, he's going to be learning from Franz Jean.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ok, some things about Vasilevskiy. He's, by far, better than any other goalie prospect in our system. Gudlevskis is a rougher similarly sized version of Vasilevskiy. Gudlevskis is not as far along as Vasya and he's older. This isn't to say that Gudlevskis doesn't have a shot at making the NHL, he's just going to have to work and learn in the ECHL/AHL. Problem for him, he's going to be learning from Franz Jean.

Why is that guy still around?? Haven't we seen enough failure from our goalies to say goodbye to this guy? That's the one thing I don't like about what were doing right now. We are throwing our young goalies into the show and this clown is teaching them. Why can't we get a vet to let these guys develop a bit more and then get rid of Jean for a proven coach. :rant:

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Why is that guy still around?? Haven't we seen enough failure from our goalies to say goodbye to this guy? That's the one thing I don't like about what were doing right now. We are throwing our young goalies into the show and this clown is teaching them. Why can't we get a vet to let these guys develop a bit more and then get rid of Jean for a proven coach. :rant:

His contract is still set to expire and he hasn't been re-signed yet. Maybe there is still hope he will be replaced by a more proven coach.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wilcox needs to stay put. He's in a good program and there's no need to rush a young guy like him. With Desjardins and Helenius already under contract and Gudlevskis possibly the replacement for Nagle on the depth chart there's no room for him anyway.

It's highly highly unlikely Erne makes the team. Really, his chances are slim to none. It's the same as Wilcox, take it slow. He's 18 right out of the draft. Give him time. Besides you have a ton of players in Syracuse who are much more prepared and developed like Connolly, Panik, Brown, Palat, and Johnson.

Not Koekkoek. He's too young. He has to be 20 to be AHL eligible.

Connolly's stats where fine. He's ready. It's just a question if he's better than his competition when training camp comes around. There's only a few spots open and it might be even harder if it's a certain role they want him to play.

Crombeen in there somewhere too.
I agree on Tyrell. His time in running out here. His offensive game never developed at the NHL level and although he can hit, he's really not built to hold up as a 4th liner. I'm viewing him and Pyatt around the same right now in the sense that they were both Boucher loved players who aren't really in the future plan with Coop as the new head coach. I don't think Cooper liked Pyatt as much because he scratched him and Pouliot a lot near the end. Pouliot wasn't apart of the plan and wasn't retained. So Pyatt and Tyrell are here so he'll use them possibly, but I would have to guess if they were UFAs or RFAs this season, they wouldn't be coming back.
Drouin and Erne can't play in the AHL this year. Like Koekkoek it's either the NHL or back to the CHL.

Welcome to HF! :) This place right here has some of the most knowledgeable and devoted bolt fans you'll find around. It's a really great group. :nod:

Really good stuff lol:) and to have knowledgable fans cant spell arghhh lol whom actually get there is more to hockey than this guy sucks is kinda amazing after some facebook time lmao:) Bolts prospects twitter said koekkoek was going to syracuse? They did say erne is for sure quebec city and cant be called up pyatt and tyrell probably gone.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

I heard now this is heard if jean made to prospect camp they were gonna give one year you know something otherwise?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad