Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp

ArmchairGoalie

May 18, 2011
Largo, FL
1044673_10151520609623199_1636209460_n.jpg

(From BP)

QUOTE]

That is the sexiest picture I've ever seen. :D :laugh:

Can't wait until he is between the pipes for the Bolts!!!!!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm getting the sense that the Bolts dynasty will only be stopped by the Sun enveloping the Earth in 6 billion years.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Those are just rough interpretive approaches / approximations to the original Russian pronounciation though. Some come very close and some just don't: Semin vs. Syomin (much better) for example.

Apart from that, you can't tell me that as a North American or Western European you would pronounce "Vasilevskiy" any differently than "Vasilevski".

He likes the "Y" :laugh::laugh:

;)

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I worry about the Andromeda Galaxy intersecting with the Milky Way in 4 billion years.

Whatever isn't completely destroyed by two galaxies going at it will be when the sun starts to expand, incinerating everything in its path. However, I believe the sun (pulling from college days with this info, so a double check may be in order) is supposed to become so bright in 1-2 billion years that it will be too hot for water to exist on Earth. That should seal our fate long before a collision of galaxies or expanding sun incineration should. Anyone else have an uplifting way the planet will end? Fun stuff...

----

As for the Vasi spelling, I think the "IY" ending just comes from trying to translate every letter as opposed to the actual pronunciation. The last two letters (we'll call them U and U-hat), much like the vowels in "count" or the consonants in "thrill," are there to provide a combined sound (EE in this case). You don't say co-unt or thril-l, much in the way you wouldn't pronounce it Vasilevski-ee.

Either way, Vasi looks good in the blue and white. Also, those Brian's pads are sweet. Brian's are quality pads (that FTR, I could never afford in my goalie days).

Astronomy 106 AND Russian 101/102 getting put to use today. Oh college days...Let's GOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Thoughts from Tuesday:

Koekkoek: Biggest stand out in drills. Skating ability is truly elite (for a dman prospect), his passing was on point for the entire training session, and his shot was one of the best. His hands were average, but he far surpassed my expectations (SAI was right :yo:)

Mullin: Posted earlier about how impressed I was with him during the drills. His skating was good and his shot (wrist and clapper) and release were the best out of all prospects during the drills. With that being said, He didn't stand out to me in the 3v3's even though he was on Drouin's team.

Drouin: Was decent during the drills. Ran the board on the shooting drill at center ice a couple of times (6/6 shots), but didn't exceed my expectations.....UNTIL, 3v3. WOW. The dude took over. He was making Dotchin and Erne look silly consistently.

Kucherov: He's a sleeper. Stays under the radar, but was extremely impressive.

Hart: My fellow Mainer (played soccer with him when he was a Freshie, beast) was another under the radar prospect today. Uses his big body well and does everything efficiently. He stood out in the 3v3's as well. Caught him on the bench once and gave him **** for not going to Orono :) Hahhhvahd

Ikonen: Defensive ability was evident in the 3v3's. His stick lift was pissing all sorts of people off. Not bad for a 6th rounder!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

VasilevskiY: Holy ****. Took a clapper from Mullin to the mask early on and seemed effected by it. Didn't perform up to his own expectations during the drills, which was evident by his emotions on the bench after the session ended. Then came the 3v3. Dude is the best goalie prospect in the world. He let in two in the first period of the first 3v3 game, and I'm not sure if he let a single one in after those two. Absolutely shut down the net. Reflexes, angles, and awareness are off the charts. I was literally giggling like a little kid watching him.

EDIT: I guess he let in 7, but I didn't get to see him play on the far side of the rink. Still, his sv% is ridiculous for 3v3 and it is blatantly obvious which teams played against him the most by looking at the stats.

We all should be excited for the future.

If anyone wants anymore details/player analysis (fwiw) about others let me know. These guys are just the ones that stood out the most to me.

Yzlamic Preacher*

My man crush for Hart is rising. I said it during the 2012 draft that Hart would be out surprise pick from that draft. And by Cc's account, he is very much on his way. Thanks Cc.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Those are just rough interpretive approaches / approximations to the original Russian pronounciation though. Some come very close and some just don't: Semin vs. Syomin (much better) for example.

Apart from that, you can't tell me that as a North American or Western European you would pronounce "Vasilevskiy" any differently than "Vasilevski".

Members of the media will find a way.

stream: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=616&id=262426&lang=en&navid=DL|TBL|home

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
When I first joined the stream, it showed one of the round robin games going. I don't see the harm.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad