Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
3G6cLwm.jpg

But seriously, we should probably decide on the criteria beforehand. How do we define "prospects" (age, NHL games played)? Are we ranking based on potential? Or NHL-readiness? Looks?

I was thinking it'd be more prudent to rank all prospects on both potential and NHL readiness. However, in terms of two prospects that are fairly close, I'd give the edge in the rankings to the prospect that is more NHL ready than the one with slightly more potential.

Personally, I would exclude Killorn, Panik, Palat, Gudas and TJ from the poll. All played fairly regularly with the Bolts last season and look to be mainstays with the roster next year too. I agree with Jacko that Connolly should still be considered a "prospect" and available for selection in the poll.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
As long as "compete level" on a scale of 1-5 isn't involved in the ranking, I am all for it.

Seriously TSN...what formula/guidelines make up "compete level," and what is the difference between 4 and 4.5 in such a level?

Sorry to ramble, but that drove me crazy watching the NHL draft.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Does anyone have any photos or have a link where to find some? Mainly of Jo. I've looked around but no luck so far, and Tampa's instagram hasn't put any other than Koekoek.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
For voting on the prospects here..I think it's much better to be inclusive of all the borderline guys than try to argue reasons why some should or shouldn't be in the polls. Pick an age and a games played (<25yo + however many gms Connolly played so far) and just throw everybody else in. We'll sort it out, eventually.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
For voting on the prospects here..I think it's much better to be inclusive of all the borderline guys than try to argue reasons why some should or shouldn't be in the polls. Pick an age and a games played (<25yo + however many gms Connolly played so far) and just throw everybody else in. We'll sort it out, eventually.

Guess we'll have to do a poll on how to vote on the prospect rankings before we actually vote on the ranking of the prospects...

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I s MULLIN better than our other undersized forwards? I hope KOEKKOEK's shoulder heals for the longterm. It would be a shame to have wasted a 1st round pick.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
1044673_10151520609623199_1636209460_n.jpg

(From BP)

So they are in fact going with "Vasilevskiy"? It just looks so stupid. HockeyDB, Eliteprospects etc. all have "Vasilevski". :dunno:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
1044673_10151520609623199_1636209460_n.jpg

(From BP)

So they are in fact going with "Vasilevskiy"? It just looks so stupid. HockeyDB, Eliteprospects etc. all have "Vasilevski". :dunno:

That is the correct spelling why wouldnt they go with it?

Not his or anyone elses fault that those other sites dont know how to spell his name properly.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That is the correct spelling why wouldnt they go with it?

Not his or anyone elses fault that those other sites dont know how to spell his name properly.
Those are just rough interpretive approaches / approximations to the original Russian pronounciation though. Some come very close and some just don't: Semin vs. Syomin (much better) for example.

Apart from that, you can't tell me that as a North American or Western European you would pronounce "Vasilevskiy" any differently than "Vasilevski".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad