Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Sabres Prospect Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Did Baptiste come out of no where or was his scoring expected? Really intrigued by this guy. I had him as bottom 6 guy.

I wouldn't say out of nowhere, but I don't think anyone would have expected him to put up these kinds of numbers. Although I think scouts were pretty high on him when he entered the OHL, it just took him a while to find his offensive game against players 3-4 years older.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Jebus did Florentino get even bigger? The dude was already built like a tank. I guess a year in the college weight room and conditioning really does make a big difference.

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
Jebus did Florentino get even bigger? The dude was already built like a tank. I guess a year in the college weight room and conditioning really does make a big difference.

I'll never forget when my buddy went to UB football, he left in July, saw him Christmas break and it was already a noticeable difference. Then he came back the next May and it was incredible. Probably a solid 20 pounds of pure muscle. He was massive. Those College level strength, conditioning, and nutrition systems are incredible.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - OHL Western Conference Semifinals are set: London (Zadorov, Austin) vs Guelph - Erie vs Sault Ste. Marie.

Cool - glad London and Erie can't meet until the Western Conference Finals since for one I won't be able to attend a game in Erie the next couple of weeks and I want to see the two teams play vs each other in person. (Hopefully one of the games is a Friday Night CHL Game Of The Week so we here in the states can watch it next day tape delay on NHL Network.)

Union leads Florentino, Adams and Providence 2-0 after two periods. Fusching, Isackson and Minnesota vs Robert Morris once Union-Providence ends on ESPN2. Hopefully our prospects don't go winless in the NCAA Tournament! Go Minnesota! Go Providence!

Last edited:

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Fasching pots the 5th Gopher goal shoveling in a rebound from the front of the net in a very Dustin Penner-like fashion.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
now we know why Fasching was so expensive and prestigious! Certainly looking like a great trade

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Did Baptiste come out of no where or was his scoring expected? Really intrigued by this guy. I had him as bottom 6 guy.

I have him pegged for 70-80 points this year personally, so its not out of nowhere to me at least. I think anyone that payed attention to him should not be overly surprised, albeit mildly surprised.

He was at a time the top ranked player in ontario going into the OHL draft. But a serious shoulder injury helped drop him down and give him a bad start to his OHL career. After a slow start last year he eventually turned it on halfway through the year, not unexpected IMHO for an Aug bday kid, and averaged close to a point per game through the second half of the year. At the U18 aside from the fact he was used in a more defensive role, he was second in scoring on the team (to McDavid) and outscored other notables such Sam Bennett and Sam Reinhart (who mostly played with McDavid).

Then he went on a tear in the Traverse City tourney, I believe he came in second in scoring with lots of notable players there, outscoring most of Buffaloes top prospects.

So I personally felt anything below a PPG this year would be a disappointment, and expected it to be about 80 points. So his 89 is not too far off.

There were some real hockey experts who thought he could go in the first round (I believe Brock did for sure), but the draft is fickle.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

Connor Hurley has another assist tonight for Green Bay. That's 33 points (9+24) in 32 games since being dealt to GB; 14 of 24 assists on PP.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I can't wait to see Hurley and Petersen at Notre Dame, especially since NBCSN airs their games so I won't have to watch on internet streams.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Given the core are seniors graduating + others turning pro McCabe isnt going to stay for what probably is a rebuilding team.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
So..

Baptiste, Grigo, McCabe, Locke and Kea. I think that might cause some serious problems to team chemistry and such, if they ALL would play in Roch for the remainder of the season. But Roch seems to be a total wreck already, so it might be worth the risk.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I doubt all of the junior guys actually play with Rochester even if they all sign ATOs or whatever. Grigorenko definitely should be playing there. Maybe they play Kea a few games if they're still not sure on whether to offer him an ELC (like they did with Jacobs last year). I'd be surprised if Locke or Baptiste play. Still, there's no real reason not to sign them to ATOs and get them into practice with Rochester and working with the staff there

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Hudson Fasching/Christian Isackson - Minnesota Golden Gophers.

West Regional Final - Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Sunday, March 30 - 7:30 pm ET - No. 1 Minnesota (26-6-6) vs No. 3 St. Cloud State (22-10-5).
TV - ESPNU/WatchESPN - Commentators - Clay Matvick and Sean Ritchlin.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Re: McCabe's upcoming decision per the Wisconsin State Journal:
McCabe has spoken of his desire to be the UW captain next season — he was an assistant this year — but the All-Big Ten first-team choice declined to get into specifics about his plans for next season. He said even his parents are waiting to find out.

“All I’ve told them this whole time is we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,†said McCabe, who would be a prime Hobey candidate if he returns after showing 8-17-25 this season.

The loss to North Dakota pained McCabe deeply. Long after most of his teammates had showered and filed out to be with family members, he was still in battle garb, a tortured look on his face.

Both Kerdiles and McCabe said their thoughts of returning were enhanced by how the seniors went about their business.

“It will be interesting to see what their perspectives are after watching this year,†Eaves said of his two potential returnees.
It’s not iron-clad evidence, but Rumpel said he just signed a campus lease for 2014-15. He said McCabe also signed the lease.

ZeroPT*

I don't mind if he as a person wants to return because he feels he has unfinished business but I'm starting to think another year in college vs going pro isn't smart from a developmental stand point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad