Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Sabres Prospect Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Saginaw and Erie are headed to OT, Erie has a 3-1 lead in the series... If Saginaw loses, do Kea and Locke go to Rochester? I'd like to think Kea might be able to help them.

Edit: Erie wins in OT. Saginaw eliminated. Anyone know what will happen with Kea and Locke from here? I'd love to let them get a taste of pro hockey headed in to the summer. Can really show them what they need to work on all summer.

I think they can go. They would bring us to 50 contracts, right?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Bummer that Erie won the series in five games - a buddy of mine was thinking of going to Erie on Sunday for Game #6 - he wanted to see Kea-Locke-McDavid-Brown etc. Oh well hopefully he gets a chance to see McDavid-Brown in Eries second round series and Kea-Locke in Rochester - sometime in the next week.

London Knights clinch their series last night as well - a 4-3 win over Windsor Spitfires in game four. Zadorov went pointless with a plus one (he was on the ice for three of the four goals scored in the third period - two by the Knights and one by the Spitfires.) and had a two minute penalty for hooking in the first period which the Knights killed. Austin had two points - scored the first London goal in the first period, added an assist on the first London goal in the third period and finished a plus one on the evening. (He was on the ice for five of the seven goals that were scored - three Knights goals and two Spitfire goals.) He took no penalties.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorho...in-thursdays-3-stars?urn=juniorhockey,wp31371

No. 3 star: Logan Nelson, Victoria Royals (WHL)

The first star in a franchise's inaugural series-clinching win, Victoria's 4-2 decision over Spokane, has to be recognized. The Royals and Chiefs were even midway through the third when Nelson (1G-1A, +2) set up linemate Austin Carroll (also 1G-1A, +2) for a 3-2 lead. With 4:19 left, the Nelson, Carroll and Steven Hodges (2A, +2) connected again to put the game away.

Victoria had a lot of men of the hour, of course. Its defence — Travis Brown, Brett Cote, Jordan Fransoo, Ryan Gagnon, Joe Hicketts and Keegan Kanzig, the sextet who suited up Thursday — threw a blanket over the Chiefs' big guns. Western League scoring champ Mitch Holmberg, Spokane's franchise leader in career goals, managed only one assist across the four games. Second-leading team scorer Mike Aviani also had a donut under the G.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
dat hip check

almost as impressive as the fact that the guy who got checked wasn't fazed one bit by it

It looked like the kind of hit that's more embarrassing than painful, not unlike getting knocked over the boards. Very effective play from Zadorov though as he he prevented the player from either being able to get on net or chip & chase.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

Tonight: Sudbury (Baptiste) and QUE (Grigo) look to avoid elimination. D'ville expected to be without Carrier as they try to close out Victo

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Grigorenko's season in Quebec is over. I would guess he plays in Rochester on Wednesday.
@SabresProspects

Grigorenko gets two assists as QUE exits the playoffs w/ 6-2 loss to R-N. Grigo: 1-8-9 in the five games. No reason he wouldn't go to Roch.

Maybe Baptiste can get a look with the Amerks too:

@SabresProspects

Meanwhile, Sudbury (Nick Baptiste) needs a miracle to stave off elimination. They're getting shellacked by Barrie 6-0 w/ 11 mins to go.

@SabresProspects

Mass answer: Grigorenko (ELC), Kea, Locke, Baptiste - all are eligible to go to Roch now that their CHL seasons are done.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

Season ends for Jake McCabe and Brad Navin as Wisconsin falls to North Dakota 5-2 in the NCAA Midwest Regional Semifinal.

Jake McCabe has the polish and two-way game to make the pro jump if he wants to give up his final year in Madison. Wait/see.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Imma a little pissed. I mean North Dakota is always a good team and to be feared. I didn't like the matchup for Wisconsin but I thought they should still pull out the win. Ugh. Honestly I'd prefer McCabe returns for his senior season.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Going to be interesting to what unfolds with McCabe.
Sure, graduating is one aspect (and I'll never knock a kid for staying in school), but team-wise, Wisconsin graduates three of their top-four scorers, while a fourth in Kerdiles could also turn pro. I think McCabe will consider how good they'll be next year after those losses, as he was fifth/next in team scoring, and ultimately turn pro.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Going to be interesting to what unfolds with McCabe.

With Wisconsin getting knocked out and the roster was loaded for this year, 9 seniors, why comes back for one more year. If I'm the Sabres, I'm calling up the kid today and ask him the question. With all the injuries the guy could be in the lineup for Rochester in under a week!

Go get him signed!

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Did Baptiste come out of no where or was his scoring expected? Really intrigued by this guy. I had him as bottom 6 guy.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

OHL Western Conference Semifinals are set: London (Zadorov, Austin) vs Guelph - 1.5 hour ride; Erie vs Sault Ste. Marie - 9hr bus ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad