Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I sure hope so, I just don't know who that'd be at this point with Hanifin locked in to Vegas. I don't think Calgary moves on from Andersson or Weegar (as much as I'd love Weegar) that leaves the possibility of an ugly contract to Tanev. I like Tanev but that feels like another Brodie/Muzzin/Giordano who's about ready to fall off a cliff.

Dubas screwed the pooch not dumping Marner the year Pietrangelo was a UFA.

Seth Jones is another one I'd love to get. He fits the mold of a player in a similar tier as Rielly
Jones is really interesting and fits the mold of a player we want to get. A big, right-handed defenseman who can carry the puck up the ice well. He'd be a good fit here.

For the advanced stats people, his relative numbers are solid too, Chicago's xGF% is 6% higher with him on the ice than with him off

The issue is his contract, though. It's too much money and I'm not sure if we want to be paying Jones that much as he enters his 30s

Reactions: JKG33

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Yeah, sign me up for that. I was only thinking about Brady Tkachuck who doesn't score at that rate. They must be hiding that Brady.

They can do that if necessary.
What do you mean doesn't score at that rate? Have you looked at bradys stats the last two seasons?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This is what I don’t get, am I the only one tired of watching Matthews, Tavares and co shovel pucks at pads crashing the crease only to get a whistle and look up at the rafters in frustration? The only series we won, we won by abusing Vasi on shots from distance that either got tipped or beat him clean.

Well, that would involve having mobile D and some with offensive ability, instead of the unskilled D we got this year (and have had in some other years), which I want as well.

But yes, a varying attack would be nice.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
tbf,

That should hurt his trade value as well (ignoring the NMC for now).

What GM in their right minds will want a soft snowflake like this?
A gm thats trying to make the playoffs so....half the league... Marner will help with that. Just dont expect much from him once you get there.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What these guys really said is we are going to explore options to trade Mitch, JT and Morgan to try to improve team .. Matty is going nowhere .. and they just signed Willy .. if they find a deal which they think improves backend of team and they can shift CAP from forwards to D then they will do it .. my impression is they aren't gonna entertain offers of players for picks only .. they want to retool but not rebuild

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
A gm thats trying to make the playoffs so....half the league... Marner will help with that. Just dont expect much from him once you get there.

Except for half the time...

He's proven he can be a good player in the playoffs... it is just inconsistent.

He has more points than Nylander and Matthews and people act like he hasn't done anything ever and is by far the worst of the 3.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 4.59.48 PM.png

Reactions: aingefan

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010

He has more points than Nylander and Matthews and people act like he hasn't done anything ever and is by far the worst of the 3.

View attachment 868552

He is the worst of the 3.

He doesn't score much, loads up assists in games that are already decided, and is really just a product of being on the ice with Matthews , JT, and even sometimes Nylander, whoever is on the ice really because he was given all the ice time in the world for this club.

Look at Domi being put with Matthews this season. Throw Domi on the ice in place of marner those playoffs - you'll see the same stat line (probably even better to be honest).

Marner doesn't pass the eye test ever (i can count on one hand the "good" playoff games he's had). his statline is pointless

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
What do you mean doesn't score at that rate? Have you looked at bradys stats the last two seasons?
Of course. Though I recently saw that 35 - 75 meant goals and points. I saw it, at first, the same way someone would describe a 30-30 player - as in goals and assists.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Actions speak louder than words but I like what I heard today and I am expecting some significant changes. I did not like anything I heard the last several years during the managements presser so......fingers crossed.
I sure hope so

Reactions: glue

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
For all the fire Shanny marks.

Keith Pelley has been on the job for 4 weeks and it's the first time he's watched hockey in his life, you this this rich kid cares about winning?

He's there to make money. He doesn't care about a cup. This is the kind of yes man you want instead of Shanny?

Reactionaries never learn. Fire Shanny and trade Mitch for the same sack of crap we got for Kessel.

• Haha
Reactions: thinkblue

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

Keith Pelley has been on the job for 4 weeks and it's the first time he's watched hockey in his life, you this this rich kid cares about winning?

He's there to make money. He doesn't care about a cup. This is the kind of yes man you want instead of Shanny?

Reactionaries never learn. Fire Shanny and trade Mitch for the same sack of crap we got for Kessel.

He’s born in Toronto. I’m sure it’s not the first time he’s seeing hockey.

I get you are upset but you are off here.

Reactions: Buds17 and Gallagbi

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

He loves hockey so much that he bought the rights for Rogers.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
One thing I took away from the press conference was, this team is now Trelivings. Last season after being introduced, everyone still felt as if Shanahan was the one who was calling the shots, but in today's presser, I couldn't help but feel that maybe Shanahan was told his vision isn't working and let Treliving do his job. There was a big difference between the two in today's presser. Shanahan seemed more passive and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings or criticize the team, whereas Treliving had no problem calling out areas of our game that need to be improved, and calling out the lack of passion from our current team. One thing I do know is that it's going to be a very interesting summer.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

View attachment 868552
These are empty points. He didn’t score once over two playoff series, that’s pathetic.

Most of his points came in rd 1 last year in blowout games.

Matthews and Nylander both have had big moments, when has Mitch ever done that?

He’s a shinny hockey player

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
These are empty points. He didn’t score once over two playoff series, that’s pathetic.

Most of his points came in rd 1 last year in blowout games.

Matthews and Nylander both have had big moments, when has Mitch ever done that?

He’s a shinny hockey player
Kerfoot had more playoff moments than Marner ever did. Namely game 2 to 4 of the Montreal series and of course the OT winner last year.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
One thing I took away from the press conference was, this team is now Trelivings. Last season after being introduced, everyone still felt as if Shanahan was the one who was calling the shots, but in today's presser, I couldn't help but feel that maybe Shanahan was told his vision isn't working and let Treliving do his job. There was a big difference between the two in today's presser. Shanahan seemed more passive and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings or criticize the team, whereas Treliving had no problem calling out areas of our game that need to be improved, and calling out the lack of passion from our current team. One thing I do know is that it's going to be a very interesting summer.
Shanny looked completely shook because the board wants him gone and its only pelley - his new boss , who threw him a bone to keep him on for 1 more year. He now has to report to someone for his awful results and it should have happened sooner.

He's also likely not confident anymore in his capabilities because his plan was a massive failure. That for sure hits your ego.

Not to mention losing in the 1st round over and over has to beat u up mentally (whether it was ur fault or not ... this was not enjoyable for anyone)

Ultimately as you said, Tre will put his mark on this team. I just hope Shanny doesn't interfere. He knows hes gone this time next season.

Reactions: Kurtz

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Thanks again for this this.

Shanahan is so frustrating. This d-bag is now saying "coach will have a say in roster decisions" but completely shunned babcock while bending over backwards to dubas and the stupidity that was Sparks, Malgins, Petans, Tyson Barries, Kerfoot, ridiculous overpayments, etc...

How does shanahan even live with himself? I
100%. It's addition through subtraction, just like any Marner trade as far as I'm concerned. You are not getting any return for JT - he's a negative value asset unless you retain, and even still, it's likely a shitty pick or two plus bad 1 year dump back.

Now with this presser, I agree with others, Shanny looked like a dummy and Tree came off like a beast because he's pretty damn on point about the issues and didn't throw buzzwords and obfuscations around whereas Shanny is a bad politician who looks good but offers nothing of any value.
Putting someone like John Tavares on waivers would be one of the dumbest moves made by MLSE, and that’s saying something!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad