Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
x McBain, Sulzer

I have your exact team except Sulzer in for Zads

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
When is the deadline for final moves? I'm assuming players getting put on waivers has to happen tomorrow so the transaction is complete monday

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
So if Ennis stays at center then I'm assuming that Girgensons makes it over Larsson. Then the lines could look something like this:

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Leino
Scott/McCormick-Porter-Kaleta

I also don't hate the idea of sliding Porter/Scott/McCormick being the LW on the 4th with Larsson centering it. But it's not the ideal situation I know.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 9m

Rolston confirmed that Ristolainen has made the team. Zadorov had his finger repaired with stitches and is out two weeks

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 6m

Rolston also said they haven't decided on sending Zadorov back or keeping him. Could put him on IR, skate him here the 2 weeks...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 10m

Adam has been waived to send to Rochester.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Good for Ristolainen. I still think Zadorov has been better, but I can't imagine them keeping both. With the finger injury, I wonder if they keep Zad up on IR for two weeks (to maybe give him a couple games) or send him back now.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 9m

Rolston confirmed that Ristolainen has made the team. Zadorov had his finger repaired with stitches and is out two weeks

No real surprise there, but it'll be fun watching him play this season. Looking forward to it.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
That's the problem. I suppose maybe Tallinder, but I would think Tallinder's veteran savy is more valuable to the d-corps this season.

I've been a big fan of Tallinder and think his veteran presence is a huge boon for our young but talented D core (RR,Myers,Zadorov,Pysyk,McCabe) . . .

. . . but, IMO, he has not looked good at all during the preseason. Seems to have lost several steps. Tentative, and making rushed / bad decisions, and getting walked around too often.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm surprised that RR made the team, but no complaints. See what he brings, get the rebuild going. Just don't Connolly his development by putting him on the top pairing for 25 minutes a night.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I wonder if Rolston will consider keeping Zadorov on IR for a week or two, giving Tallinder, McBain, and Sulzer (if he's not sent through waivers anyway) a chance to show who needs to be replaced by Zadorov. Send the odd man (or two) through waivers and go with...

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Pysyk
Tallinder (I would assume him over McBain and Sulzer) as the #7 guy

This is what I think next season's starting group will be, with McNabb and Ruhwedel filling in as needed. Maybe if Tallinder shows poorly enough, that group will get an early start together.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So if Ennis stays at center then I'm assuming that Girgensons makes it over Larsson. Then the lines could look something like this:

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Leino
Scott/McCormick-Porter-Kaleta

I also don't hate the idea of sliding Porter/Scott/McCormick being the LW on the 4th with Larsson centering it. But it's not the ideal situation I know.

If Ennis stays at center I'm expecting see:

Vanek Hodgson Girgensons
Foligno Ennis Stafford
Ott Grigorenko Leino

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I would put him ahead of all the following:

McBain
Sulzer
Tallinder

and likely ahead of McNabb as well.

I'd agree with that list. I think the only reasons to hold Zadorov out this year are: 1) Tallinder, while not as good a player as he used to be, is still a very calming veteran presence. I think he'd help either of Risto or Pysyk along as they adjust to becoming NHLers. And 2) Because if he goes back to London, he's on a Mem Cup contender with a chance to log massive minutes and develop his offensive game at a lower level; let him be a go-to guy for a full year at that level before progressing into the NHL. Plus, I think it'll make Rolston's job a bit easier if he's not trying to break 3 rookie D into the league at once, while at the same time trying to salvage McBain and keep/get Myers on the right track.

In spite of all that, I'd like to see them keep him skating with the team while he's on IR and maybe give him a couple games before returning him to the Knights.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
If Ennis stays at center I'm expecting see:

Vanek Hodgson Girgensons
Foligno Ennis Stafford
Ott Grigorenko Leino

You are expecting Girgensons to be starting at 1st line RW?

I would love it if you were right, but I think there is literally no chance of that happening. Hope I'm wrong. Feel free to bump.

I am beyond ready to move on from Stafford as a top 6 forward. I love ZG, but I dont think they will give him that spot yet. I will be happy if they have him anywhere on the roster to start the season.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
By the time Zadorov is healthy, I'm sure there will be other injuries on the blue line freeing up a spot if they want to take a 9 game look at him. Granted, the injuries will probably be to whomever is playing the best since that's how these things happen to go...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You are expecting Girgensons to be starting at 1st line RW?

I would love it if you were right, but I think there is literally no chance of that happening. Hope I'm wrong. Feel free to bump.

I am beyond ready to move on from Stafford as a top 6 forward. I love ZG, but I dont think they will give him that spot yet. I will be happy if they have him anywhere on the roster to start the season.

I don't think Girgs will get that spot simply because he isn't a RW.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Honest question, who would Zadorov play over?

If they wanted to gve Zadarov some NHL games.....

1. Alternate games between him and Risto

2. Move McBain to RW...he could fill the void of Tropp/Armia

3. Send Porter or Sulzer to Rochester thru waivers....or send n exempt player down.

Vanek- hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Girgs-Grigs-McBain
Scott-McCormick-Kaleta
Porter

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Pysyk
Zadarov-Risto
Talinder-Sulzer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad