2013-14 Training Camp

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Wait, so the deadline is already over? There were a couple of conflicting posts on this before and I'm getting confused because of the timezones. Can someone please clarify this? :help:

Ive heard of different reports the deadline was Monday 5pm ET or 3pm ET.....but the players need to go through waivers 24 hrs before they clear.

The deadline is Monday...but waiver deadline for waiver players is today.

For nonwaiver players they can decide at the last minute.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
today was the last day for waivers so any player who needed to clear waivers had to be put on waivers by today or else they will could against the teams 23 man roster, so Porter, McCormick ect.. have made the Sabres, guys like Girgensons, Larsson and Flynn can still be assigned before the roster needs to be submited because they are waiver exempt.

I believe they have until 5pm today to waive players since the deadline isn't until 5pm tomorrow.

edit: what djp said.

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I think that's more of an exception than the norm, though. I'm not saying it wouldn't work out, but I'd probably bet against it in McBain's case.

I'd add that we already have forwards who can fill in that spot. They'd have Flynn fill in in that spot before McBain. I could maybe see him playing there if we have a lot of injuries, or if they can't get a guy up in time from Rochester for a game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Porter not being waived is not really a surprise given how the Amerks assigned his number to Zigomanis.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Foligno started on the ice but is now off and at Amerks camp, Sundher leaves practice and grabs a pile of sticks. Possible move?

Doubtful.
Hopefully Foligno is healthy for the opener if he is still banged up currently and that is why he is off the ice

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Foligno started on the ice but is now off and at Amerks camp, Sundher leaves practice and grabs a pile of sticks. Possible move?

Doubtful.
Hopefully Foligno is healthy for the opener if he is still banged up currently and that is why he is off the ice

Possible move for what? Sundher is very far down on the depth chart.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Last edited by a moderator:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Yeah, pretty unlikely. Sunder is day to day with a groin injury.

I'm not passing judgment on its likeliness, just clearing up what the original comment was speculating on. I don't see what his place on the depth chart has to do with the speculation.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I was only kidding about the trade as Sundher is confirmed injured with a minor groin injury. The Sabres lines at camp make it seem Larsson is coming down to the Amerks. Scott will be a healthy scratch as will McBain. My guess is that if Foligno can go soon than Girgensons will be sent down soon after, unless Flynn or somebody is.

Lines

Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
Ott-Ennis-Leino
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Flynn
Porter-McCormick-Kaleta
Scott, inj Foligno

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Weber-Ristolainen
McBain

I thought Larsson looked real strong and that it allowed Ennis on the wing but it appears he is likely headed for Rochester

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
This lineup will not score 3 goals or more other than in a handful of games. If our powerplay remains more dangerous against us than for us we are looking at our D and goaltending to keep us close.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I was only kidding about the trade as Sundher is confirmed injured with a minor groin injury. The Sabres lines at camp make it seem Larsson is coming down to the Amerks. Scott will be a healthy scratch as will McBain. My guess is that if Foligno can go soon than Girgensons will be sent down soon after, unless Flynn or somebody is.

Lines

Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
Ott-Ennis-Leino
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Flynn
Porter-McCormick-Kaleta
Scott, inj Foligno

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Weber-Ristolainen
McBain

I thought Larsson looked real strong and that it allowed Ennis on the wing but it appears he is likely headed for Rochester

It's very possible that Foligno just takes Girgs' spot when he comes back, but I could also see Grigs getting scratched to make room depending on how he's playing, or Flynn back to ROC and Stafford down to the 3rd line to put Foigno with Hodgson and Vanek...especially if Stafford's preseason play was any indication of how he'll start the regular season.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
There was some debate going on in this thread about Grigs so I think now that he has been benched it would be a good time to continue the discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad