2013-14 Training Camp

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Honestly, a Tallinder-Pysyk pairing is more valuable to me than giving ten games to a rookie who more-likely-than-not isn't gonna be NHL ready. Hank might be the best pure defensive player on the team with Rej gone.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't think Girgs will get that spot simply because he isn't a RW.

I don't want Girgensons in that spot. Maybe if he's earned it later in the season, but for now he's best paired with Grigorenko should he make the team. However, if they're willing to move Vanek to RW to accommodate Foligno on the top line, they'd do the same for anyone else they want to try there.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Makes zero sense to keep Zadorov up long term when he can be the guy in London, you guys are over thinking things. He still needs time in juniors, also having three rookie D would be a recipe for disaster.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just came here to ask what happened to Luke Adam>

I'm a newfie and I remember my brother playing in the provincial final against Luke Adam's team in Pee Wee, we had a guy on our team who seemed to be just as good but never developed past the CHL, never was drafted.

but Adam seemed to be developing well, drafted in the 2nd round and had a pretty awesome rookie season, got demoted last year and now he's on waivers, just seems weird to me how he could go from a solid rookie on a pretty good Sabres team to not even being able to make a weaker Sabres team mainly filled with prospects and younger players.

Did something happen like an injury, or did he just regress?

What are the chances he gets picked off of waivers?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

I'm a newfie and I remember my brother playing in the provincial final against Luke Adam's team in Pee Wee, we had a guy on our team who seemed to be just as good but never developed past the CHL, never was drafted.

but Adam seemed to be developing well, drafted in the 2nd round and had a pretty awesome rookie season, got demoted last year and now he's on waivers, just seems weird to me how he could go from a solid rookie on a pretty good Sabres team to not even being able to make a weaker Sabres team mainly filled with prospects and younger players.

No injuries, just a headcase.

Might get picked off waivers if someone thinks they can salvage him, the problem is he's slow as molasses and doesn't play a physical game. Only thing he is good at is shooting.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If they wanted to gve Zadarov some NHL games.....

1. Alternate games between him and Risto

2. Move McBain to RW...he could fill the void of Tropp/Armia

3. Send Porter or Sulzer to Rochester thru waivers....or send n exempt player down.

Vanek- hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Girgs-Grigs-McBain
Scott-McCormick-Kaleta
Porter

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Pysyk
Zadarov-Risto
Talinder-Sulzer
Zadorov.

Za door auv

koarl

Mar 19, 2011
Graz / Austria

He has turned into the typical AHL/ECHL-material every team has.
He has the talent but he is neither using, nor building on it and nobody really knows why.

He registered a lot of points playing between Vanek and Pominville at the start of the 11/12 season. But after both cooled off a bit, Adam fell into a hole he could not climb out anymore and is still in there.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't want Girgensons in that spot. Maybe if he's earned it later in the season, but for now he's best paired with Grigorenko should he make the team. However, if they're willing to move Vanek to RW to accommodate Foligno on the top line, they'd do the same for anyone else they want to try there.

Of course Vanek can be put on RW to accomodate Girgs as the LW on that line. But that doesn't change the fact that Girgs is not a RW. Which is what I was responding to.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Luke Adam's career is probably going to turn out like Mark Mancari's. Big body, very good shooting skills, subpar skating, underwhelming use of size. He actually looked decent to me in the one preseason game where he played on the 4th line, but he's obviously never going to be a 4th line-type player and in this league I don't have faith he'll ever be a top 6 player.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007

I didn't see his big year in Portland but I noticed that when he was scoring like crazy at the beginning of 11-12, he was just finding open space and letting Vanek or Pominville get the puck to him or knocking in rebounds. Now in Rochester he's constantly carrying the puck and making terrible decisions. No look passes to no one, trying to skate through 3 guys instead of dumping, etc.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If they wanted to gve Zadarov some NHL games.....

1. Alternate games between him and Risto

2. Move McBain to RW...he could fill the void of Tropp/Armia

3. Send Porter or Sulzer to Rochester thru waivers....or send n exempt player down.

Vanek- hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Girgs-Grigs-McBain
Scott-McCormick-Kaleta
Porter

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Pysyk
Zadarov-Risto
Talinder-Sulzer
Bret Burns in San Jose seemed to transition well from defense to offense.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Bret Burns in San Jose seemed to transition well from defense to offense.

I think that's more of an exception than the norm, though. I'm not saying it wouldn't work out, but I'd probably bet against it in McBain's case.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
last cut is now between Flynn, Larsson and Girgensons assuming Armia, Zadorov and Tropp start on the IR

mcove

Aug 11, 2013
With Sulzer off the roster they will need to send only one of them down.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
What about Porter? He can still be waived until tomorrow or am I wrong?

I believe he would have needed to be waived today, and is therefore on the team. Keep Larsson so you have a center and send Girgs back to develop more. That's how it should go down.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
I believe he would have needed to be waived today, and is therefore on the team. Keep Larsson so you have a center and send Girgs back to develop more. That's how it should go down.

Agreed... no need to have Girgs up this year full time when further AHL seasoning would serve him well.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Wait, so the deadline is already over? There were a couple of conflicting posts on this before and I'm getting confused because of the timezones. Can someone please clarify this? :help:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Wait, so the deadline is already over? There were a couple of conflicting posts on this before and I'm getting confused because of the timezones. Can someone please clarify this? :help:

today was the last day for waivers so any player who needed to clear waivers had to be put on waivers by today or else they will could against the teams 23 man roster, so Porter, McCormick ect.. have made the Sabres, guys like Girgensons, Larsson and Flynn can still be assigned before the roster needs to be submited because they are waiver exempt.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

There is a deadline of today to submit players on waivers of which Porter would have to go through.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: