2012 NHL Entry Draft Statistics / Rankings

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

This very well could be the first year since 2004 that Russians go #1 and #2... In fact I bet on it.

And on top of that I can also see them easily easily easily being the best Russians drafted since Ovechkin and Malkin.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This very well could be the first year since 2004 that Russians go #1 and #2... In fact I bet on it.

And on top of that I can also see them easily easily easily being the best Russians drafted since Ovechkin and Malkin.

I said that this morning on Twitter, how it compared to 2004 at the top.

Did you steal that from me?!!? ;)

arsmaster*

Morgan Reilly, of the moose jaw warriors ranked in most top 10's injured his acl. He is probably out for the season. This will likely effect his status as there are so many similar players available.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
I didn't get a chance to see Reilly play, but from all accounts, he was a likely Top 10 choice. With such a deep draft, like arsmaster said, it might mean he slips a few notches. It's really going to be interesting to see where both he and Galchenyuk ultimately go on draft day.

arsmaster*

Won't happen

I wouldnt say that as a fact.

Too many unknowns now, including final draft positions.

I would say that Reilly has a much higher likelihood to slide, than Galchenyuk...mostly due to how many similar smallish puck moving defensman are available. Galchenyuk doesnt have many talented forwards to lose his spot to IMO.

Reilly could easily find himself in the 16-22 range, and possibly lower...as a Canucks fan I hope to be drafting 30th obviously, but I dont take anything for granted.

I think Reilly ends up selected 19th overall (as of now).

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I wouldnt say that as a fact.

Too many unknowns now, including final draft positions.

I would say that Reilly has a much higher likelihood to slide, than Galchenyuk...mostly due to how many similar smallish puck moving defensman are available. Galchenyuk doesnt have many talented forwards to lose his spot to IMO.

Reilly could easily find himself in the 16-22 range, and possibly lower...as a Canucks fan I hope to be drafting 30th obviously, but I dont take anything for granted.

I think Reilly ends up selected 19th overall (as of now).

If he falls to 19th, there will be atleast 10-12 GM's that will kick themselves in a couple of years. The kid is that good and can almost take over a game from the backend.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
any new updates on dumba and matia?

Seen Dumba a few times early this year. Very interesting prospect. He looks confident with the puck and making plays, but has been suspect in his own zone. His offensive production hasn't been all that great to start the year. I'm looking for him to step up his game before I call him a sure-fire top 5 pick.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Saw Dumba last night and later on today, so far I have been very impressed by his skill.

Seen Dumba a few times early this year. Very interesting prospect. He looks confident with the puck and making plays, but has been suspect in his own zone. His offensive production hasn't been all that great to start the year. I'm looking for him to step up his game before I call him a sure-fire top 5 pick.

Thanks for the update guys :)

Any new news on matia sems like he has fallen quite a bit on the rankings?

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Added overagers from the WHL, OHL, QMJHL and USHL.

NCAA i'll try to get done tonight, as well as Junior A (Using NHL.com Rankings)

Prep Schools on Saturday. (Using NHL.com Rankings)

Europe On Sunday. (Using NHL.com Rankings)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad