2012 NHL Entry Draft Statistics / Rankings

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Thank you for doing this, TourettesGuy. I don´t see North American prospects playing too much because I live here in Finland, in fact I see them playing mostly at International tournaments. This is a good source to follow them.

Great job, that´s for sure. :handclap:

Han Solo

Laugh it up, fuzball
Aug 16, 2011
Add Scott Oke to the overagers from the q. Was ranked 40 something by css. also went to the dallas rookie camp.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Been a good run for the Bulls this season. Back-to-back games these past few days..gonna take a look at some of the 2012 Eligible Draftee performances.

Brendan Gaunce: 24GP, 14G, 11A, 25P
Comments: 4 goals in 2 games and was truly fantastic in both affairs. Used his size and shot effectively and really made people notice just how strong he was playing. He seems to be really picking it up..if he continues to do so, he may rise in the first round.

Daniil Zharkov: 7GP, 5G, 3A, 8P
Comments: This kid is going in the first round. Bold? Yes. Impossible? Not at all. 2 more assists in his last 2 games. The kid had an injury in preseason but has been fantastic since coming back. He had some hype coming over and he has brought it all thus far. Playing on a line with Gaunce certainly helps, but you can't help but think that this speedy forward has got all that it takes, as he takes his all-around, hard-working game to the ice every night.

Malcolm Subban: 8-3-0-0, 1.97 GAA, .935 SV%
Comments: 57 saves on 58 shots in the last two nights..he has been the best goalie in the league in the last month. He leads the league in both GAA and SV% and is having just a stellar season so far. Will he get a shot at making the WJ team? Perhaps, although that is probably a longshot and they will be saving him for the next couple years. Either way, top goalie to go in the 2012 NHL Draft will probably be Malcolm.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Great data and thanks for your efforts. I check this thread regularly.

Question about Ryan Pulock (Brandon - WHL) for anyone. WHL page has his dob listed as 10/6/1994. Elite Prospects lists 10/6/1993. Which is correct and is he an overager or not?

GP 27, G 8, A 20, pts 28

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Great data and thanks for your efforts. I check this thread regularly.

Question about Ryan Pulock (Brandon - WHL) for anyone. WHL page has his dob listed as 10/6/1994. Elite Prospects lists 10/6/1993. Which is correct and is he an overager or not?

GP 27, G 8, A 20, pts 28

Eligible for 2013. EliteProspects made a mistake.

Excellent, excellent prospect for next year's draft though.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Brendan Gaunce: 24GP, 14G, 11A, 25P
Comments: 4 goals in 2 games and was truly fantastic in both affairs. Used his size and shot effectively and really made people notice just how strong he was playing. He seems to be really picking it up..if he continues to do so, he may rise in the first round.

I'm glad he is picking up. I have been questioning him, seeing him invisible in Ottawa games notably, but lately he has been playing quite well. Not sure if he can be much more than a poor second line center, good third line center, but with the draft risky out of the top few picks, he may be cementing himself as a solid 12 - 15 overall pick.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm glad he is picking up. I have been questioning him, seeing him invisible in Ottawa games notably, but lately he has been playing quite well. Not sure if he can be much more than a poor second line center, good third line center, but with the draft risky out of the top few picks, he may be cementing himself as a solid 12 - 15 overall pick.
Since Zharkov came back and started building chemistry with Gaunce, Brendan is really coming into his own. Hopefully he keeps it up. He has all the tools if that offense can translate.

NOTE: Gaunce had 1 Goal, 1 Assist tonight against Oshawa. Zharkov with another assist and Malcolm Subban made 30 saves on 31 shots, in the 4-1 win.

In other news, the Belleville Bulls are hot right now.

AlexanderTheGood

Thought this thread deserved a bump.

So rather than start my own thread, I thought I'd post this here... Guys who've really impressed me at the one-quarter junction of this year's hockey season(s):

WHL:

Colton Sissons (RW/C, Kelowna Rockets)

Sissons is a speedy and skilled centre with a self-contained skillset and hockey-sense that translates in all three areas of the ice. Thus, people, including Sissons himself, are constantly making the comparison between him and Ryan Kesler. I think that Sissons lacks Kesler's speed, but plays a more mellow game with more presence of mind. Personally, Sissons reminds me more of Dave Bolland. But with comparables like that, you know that this guy is good.

OHL:

Tom Wilson (RW, Plymouth Whalers)

As a 6-foot-4 200-pound seventeen-year-old, Thomas Wilson is being described in some circles as, "the next Milan Lucic." True, that monicker gets thrown-around every draft these days. But this time around, it might just be true. Wilson won't blow you away with his statistical figures in juniors (or in the pros either, likely), but he will blow you away with his toughness and grit--he's pure sandpaper. A lethal hitter, and magnetically attracted to the most difficult positions on the ice (down low behind the net, deep in the corners), Wilson is an indispensible asset on the penalty-kill and at even strength--he just gobbles minutes. To me, his downside is a Ryan Jones type player (still very useful).

Malcolm Subban (G, Belleville Bulls)

Keeps proving himself as this year's number one goalie in the draft.

QMJHL:

Charles Hudon

Reminds me more and more of Brad Marchand every game. Loves to score, loves to gloat, and isn't afraid of the dirty areas.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

So rather than start my own thread, I thought I'd post this here... Guys who've really impressed me at the one-quarter junction of this year's hockey season(s):

WHL:

Colton Sissons (RW/C, Kelowna Rockets)

Sissons is a speedy and skilled centre with a self-contained skillset and hockey-sense that translates in all three areas of the ice. Thus, people, including Sissons himself, are constantly making the comparison between him and Ryan Kesler. I think that Sissons lacks Kesler's speed, but plays a more mellow game with more presence of mind. Personally, Sissons reminds me more of Dave Bolland. But with comparables like that, you know that this guy is good.

OHL:

Tom Wilson (RW, Plymouth Whalers)

As a 6-foot-4 200-pound seventeen-year-old, Thomas Wilson is being described in some circles as, "the next Milan Lucic." True, that monicker gets thrown-around every draft these days. But this time around, it might just be true. Wilson won't blow you away with his statistical figures in juniors (or in the pros either, likely), but he will blow you away with his toughness and grit--he's pure sandpaper. A lethal hitter, and magnetically attracted to the most difficult positions on the ice (down low behind the net, deep in the corners), Wilson is an indispensible asset on the penalty-kill and at even strength--he just gobbles minutes. To me, his downside is a Ryan Jones type player (still very useful).

Malcolm Subban (G, Belleville Bulls)

Keeps proving himself as this year's number one goalie in the draft.

QMJHL:

Charles Hudon

Reminds me more and more of Brad Marchand every game. Loves to score, loves to gloat, and isn't afraid of the dirty areas.

I don't see the same "speed or skill" with Sissons as you do.

To me, he gets the job done because he's smart and he's physical. He compares more to Andrew Ladd, for me.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

QMJHL:

Charles Hudon

Hudon does not play a thing like Marchand, maybe Wellwood if you had to pick a player.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
My WHL sleepers

Tim Bozon F Kamloops 6'1 190 - 21 points, 10 goals in 26 games so far this year for the 1st year swiss import. His game works really well with the WHL style. Good up and down player,good speed, works hard,really goes to the hard areas and to the net. Helped propel Kamloops to a good season so far. Another Swiss player that is going to get drafted because of what he can do in the WHL.

Damon Severson D Kelowna 6'2 190 - 19 points 26 games. Very solid 2 way defenseman. Kelowna is a D man factory and Severson is coming in under the radar ala Shea Weber. He can play physical but he really has picked up his offensive game. Going to be a steal for someone this guy will be a solid top 4 guy in the NHL one day

Brendan Troock F Seattle 6'3 205 - 9 points in 21 games. Budding power forward coming off an long term injury. Slowly finding his way in the league and will probably end up exploding offensively the next couple of seasons. Good skater for a big man loves to bang around and has a soft set of hands. Similar to Mark Stone or Adam Lowry, A big guy learning to utilize his gifts who will put up numbers as he ages.

Jayden Hart C Medicine Hat 6'2 190
- 12 points in 28 games. Tall, gangly center, I think he is taller now maybe 6'4. Skates really well and handles the puck with skill. Really good wrist shot. Really good in the dot. Plays in a good system with the Tigers but is overshadowed by Etem and Shinkaruk. I have liked him everytime I see him play and I think he will impress as the season goes along.

Travis Brown D Moose Jaw 6'2 170
- 6 points in 22 games. Good sized defender does everything well. Makes good first passes and plays a safe game. A real physical player without being dirty. Throws some solid hits. Underated because of guys like McIlrath,Edmundson and Reilly in MJ. Such a good skater that I think once he adds more strength is going to be very dominate in this league.

Logan Nelson F Victoria 6'1 180
- 30 points in 28 games. A offensive force in his first year in the dub. Passed over last year in the draft he won't be this time. A real solid player. Has good vision and above average passing. A nice shot and not afraid to get dirty. I thought he would slow down but so far he hasn't.

Tyrel Seaman C Brandon 6'2 210
- 17 points in 27 games. A big tough 2 way center. Has that farmers strength. Has shown more offensive upside so far this season. Goes head to head with other teams top guns. Not afraid to hit or drop the gloves. Good speed but a still a bit awkward getting used to that big body.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
My WHL sleepers

Tim Bozon F Kamloops 6'1 190 - 21 points, 10 goals in 26 games so far this year for the 1st year swiss import. His game works really well with the WHL style. Good up and down player,good speed, works hard,really goes to the hard areas and to the net. Helped propel Kamloops to a good season so far. Another Swiss player that is going to get drafted because of what he can do in the WHL.

Damon Severson D Kelowna 6'2 190 - 19 points 26 games. Very solid 2 way defenseman. Kelowna is a D man factory and Severson is coming in under the radar ala Shea Weber. He can play physical but he really has picked up his offensive game. Going to be a steal for someone this guy will be a solid top 4 guy in the NHL one day

Brendan Troock F Seattle 6'3 205 - 9 points in 21 games. Budding power forward coming off an long term injury. Slowly finding his way in the league and will probably end up exploding offensively the next couple of seasons. Good skater for a big man loves to bang around and has a soft set of hands. Similar to Mark Stone or Adam Lowry, A big guy learning to utilize his gifts who will put up numbers as he ages.

Jayden Hart C Medicine Hat 6'2 190
- 12 points in 28 games. Tall, gangly center, I think he is taller now maybe 6'4. Skates really well and handles the puck with skill. Really good wrist shot. Really good in the dot. Plays in a good system with the Tigers but is overshadowed by Etem and Shinkaruk. I have liked him everytime I see him play and I think he will impress as the season goes along.

Travis Brown D Moose Jaw 6'2 170
- 6 points in 22 games. Good sized defender does everything well. Makes good first passes and plays a safe game. A real physical player without being dirty. Throws some solid hits. Underated because of guys like McIlrath,Edmundson and Reilly in MJ. Such a good skater that I think once he adds more strength is going to be very dominate in this league.

Logan Nelson F Victoria 6'1 180
- 30 points in 28 games. A offensive force in his first year in the dub. Passed over last year in the draft he won't be this time. A real solid player. Has good vision and above average passing. A nice shot and not afraid to get dirty. I thought he would slow down but so far he hasn't.

Tyrel Seaman C Brandon 6'2 210
- 17 points in 27 games. A big tough 2 way center. Has that farmers strength. Has shown more offensive upside so far this season. Goes head to head with other teams top guns. Not afraid to hit or drop the gloves. Good speed but a still a bit awkward getting used to that big body.

- Wouldn't call some of these guys 'sleepers', especially guys like Severson, who I have seen ranked ahead of guys like Pouliot and Reinhart this year.

- I also like Bozon. He's likely going to be a 3rd or 4th rounder by the time the end of the year rolls around.

- Unfortunately Troock is hurt AGAIN, breaking a rib on Saturday night. Expected to be out 4 weeks. If he slips past the 4th round, some team is going to get a big time steal.

- Jayden Hart is actually a 2013 eligible player, being a December '94 birthday. I do really like him though. Kid could be a top 60 pick next year. Had the chance to see him 4 times already this year.

- Brown is one of my mega sleepers, I like him alot too.

- Haven't seen Victoria play yet!!

- Seaman is starting to grow on me a bit, but I still don't see much more than a potential 4th liner at the pro level.

Thanks for your post. I like to read other WHL opinions.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Ya I just read Troock is hurt again. Too bad that might hurt him but then again someone could get him real late like Stone

I thought Hart was an earlier birthday but I just checked and he is later

Severson is not getting as much attention as the "fab 5" and i think he might be better in the long term then some of them. I have a feeling he goes in the 2nd round and just lights it up the next couple of years.

I was going to add Lukas Sutter but I thought he was drafted last year but I was wrong. About as solid a two way guy as you can get going to be a top notch 3rd line center who can get dirty

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Logan Nelson is a great player.

Can create offense on any shift, the thing I don't like about him is that he lacks in the hitting department, he's quite soft at times.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Take it for what it's worth but always nice to see. Slater Koekkoek named OHL player academic in the East Division.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/ohl-early-season-academic-players

OHL Early Season Academic Players

East Division- The OHL Academic Player in the East Division is Defenseman Slater Koekkoek of the Peterborough Petes. Koekkoek, a 17-year-old native of Mountain, Ontario, is currently a grade 12 student at Thomas A. Stewart S.S and is attaining grades in the 80’s which is consistent with his overall effort when it comes to his academics. Koekkoek is also currently rated 9th among OHL skaters in the NHL preliminary rankings for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad