Line Combos: 2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He was, but I think he might still be useful. Competition is a good thing.

I hear what all of you are saying too about kids like Johnson/Panik/Killorn coming up, I can't wait to see them, its going to be awesome, but there is just little to no room right now and knowing how Steve is, they'll only come up one, maybe two at a time.

Yeah, I'm with you, as much as I would want to see a lot of them, Steve works this way.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Your probably right. I'm sure there will be one or two that gets brought up this year. I'm hopeful for next season though.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pouliot was signed to be a top six forward. They're going to give him a shot. Has nothing to do with Connolly.

I know Pouliot was signed with the expectation that he would get his chances in the top six and potentially compete for a regular spot there, but I never got the impression that he was "signed to be a top six forward". What he has shown so far is that he provides depth and brings a combination of size and skill to our bottom six that we certainly could use more of, and I'd imagine that management feels similarly.

If Connolly makes the team it will absolutely impact how much time Pouliot spends in the top six, so I disagree with you there.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Malone-Lecavalier-St Louis
Purcell-Stamkos-Connolly
Thompson-Tyrell-Pouliot
Conacher-Hall-Crombeen

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Connolly had a monster of a game tonight against Rochester that only starts with the stat line (1G, 1A, 7 SOG). If tonight was a final audition, have to imagine he earned high marks.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
If the Bolts tried to field the most talented group they could, what would it look like:

Purcell-Stamkos-St Louis
Pouliot-Lecavalier-Connolly
Killorn-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Tyrell

Hedman-Brewer
Carle-Salo
Korobov-Gudas
Bergeron-Barberio

Lindback
Garon

-Conacher has regressed a bit this year for some reason.
-Kucherov, Vasilevski, Koekkoek, and Namestnikov are a bit too young for consideration here imo. Who knows if Gusev will come over.
-Brewer doesn't seem like a top pairing guy on a strong playoff team to me, not anymore anyway. If up to me, I'd have to upgrade there. But keep in mind, no one has ever offered me a NHL GM position.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
If St Louis, Lecavalier, and Salo have slowed a step because of too much time off, the team is kinda screwed.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If the Bolts tried to field the most talented group they could, what would it look like:

Purcell-Stamkos-St Louis
Pouliot-Lecavalier-Connolly
Killorn-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Tyrell

Hedman-Brewer
Carle-Salo
Korobov-Gudas
Bergeron-Barberio

Lindback
Garon

-Conacher has regressed a bit this year for some reason.
-Kucherov, Vasilevski, Koekkoek, and Namestnikov are a bit too young for consideration here imo. Who knows if Gusev will come over.
-Brewer doesn't seem like a top pairing guy on a strong playoff team to me, not anymore anyway. If up to me, I'd have to upgrade there. But keep in mind, no one has ever offered me a NHL GM position.

I would insert Conacher where Tyrell is. I really don't feel he has regressed he has been forced to take a back seat to Panik, Killorn and Connoly's development. He is not getting the same opportunities this year, he's ready.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Conacher was going great to start the year, then got cheap shotted after a whistle by a Philly prospect, I think it was Couturier. Conacher has kind of been subdued since then. I wonder if he is playing with an injury, or if the idea of getting injured has gotten inside his head. It could just be a plain ol' slump though, not sure.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher was going great to start the year, then got cheap shotted after a whistle by a Philly prospect, I think it was Couturier. Conacher has kind of been subdued since then. I wonder if he is playing with an injury, or if the idea of getting injured has gotten inside his head. It could just be a plain ol' slump though, not sure.

This kid is fearless like Angelidis and Gudas, since then he's even has some fights. Don't forget he played on a line with Trevor Smith last year, and also plays well with Johnson but hasn't had that opportunity. Hard to follow up last years success but I just think there is so much developing talent on Syracuse you can get lost in the shuffle. Whoever it is I just hope they give some kids a chance.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
CNN Sports Illustrated* power rankings:

#26 Tampa Bay Lightning
The Lightning were something of a mess last year after going to Game 7 of the conference finals in 2011. The addition of defenseman Matt Carle and some expected improvement from Victor Hedman will help the blue line, which was atrocious. But Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier, while still highly skilled, aren't getting any younger and Anders Lindback must prove he can be a reliable starter in net. Steven Stamkos probably has the best pure shot in the game, though, and he makes these guys dangerous on any given night.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130109/nhl-preseason-power-rankings/

*Does Bleacher Report already cover the NHL for them? Would explain #3.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
TSN power rankings:

#24 Tampa Bay Lightning

The Lightning are a high upside team. If new goaltender Anders Lindback can handle the starting role, veteran blueliners Matt Carle and Sami Salo can provide stability and some combination of young forwards (Brett Connolly, Cory Conacher, Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Alex Killorn, J.T. Brown) can adequately fill support scoring roles, then the Lightning could be very good. At the moment, however, there is still some risk when dealing with such unproven commodities.

Key Injuries: None.
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad