Line Combos: 2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They want him to dominate AHL instead of not having top minutes in NHL

This. I think its a good move for him. He will be up next season I think. I think the plan is to bring him up next year and have Tyler Johnson come up when Marty retires.

The Yzerplan

Not enough goalies
May 14, 2009
This. I think its a good move for him. He will be up next season I think. I think the plan is to bring him up next year and have Tyler Johnson come up when Marty retires.

The thing is, Johnson will be ready for the NHL way before that happens.

Also isn't he a center ? I think there's a fair chance he will get traded. I would hate to see him go, but there isn't really room for him here (unless someone else gets moved). We've also got Panik, Killorn and Connolly coming up sooner than later.

Last edited:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Very excited that Aulie made the roster, though I hope long-term he becomes a mainstay in the top 4 (replacing Brewer eventually). I'm intrigued to see how Conacher will gel with Vinny and whether or not Malone or Purcell will drop down to the 2nd line.

Is there any confirmation on our line-up for tomorrow night yet?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Very excited that Aulie made the roster, though I hope long-term he becomes a mainstay in the top 4 (replacing Brewer eventually). I'm intrigued to see how Conacher will gel with Vinny and whether or not Malone or Purcell will drop down to the 2nd line.

Is there any confirmation on our line-up for tomorrow night yet?

But Purcell is already on the second line :help:
Unless you mean swapping with Malone?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
The thing is, Johnson will be ready for the NHL way before that happens.

Also isn't he a center ? I think there's a fair chance he will get traded. I would hate to see him go, but there isn't really room for him here (unless someone else gets moved). We've also got Panik, Killorn and Connolly coming up sooner than later.

This and Namestnikov will nock on the door very soon as well and he could play a thirdline energy type of play, but I'm really concerend about johnson in this role he is pretty small as an energy-liner.

Right now I see that note only johnson could be a poor guy to get a NHL job, Palat could have the same problem and I'm already concerned about Korobov, I think he will go back to Russia if he doesn't get a shot at the NHL level next year. But we have already 8 guys + two over him on the depthchart. It would suck to lose him.

But to be honest I love this type of problems, it's not that horrible to lose one because 2 others are just waiting next to him on every position right now :yo:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
But Purcell is already on the second line :help:
Unless you mean swapping with Malone?

Yes, I was just wondering if Boucher would do any further shuffling before tomorrow night. In theory, Malone makes the most sense on the top line as he adds grit to Stammer and Marty. Also, Purcell makes sense on the 2nd line to add some scoring to Vinny and Conacher. With that said, Teddy-Stammer-Marty were a force to be reckoned with at the end of last year and it'd be nice to see if they could continue their scoring exploits!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yes, I was just wondering if Boucher would do any further shuffling before tomorrow night. In theory, Malone makes the most sense on the top line as he adds grit to Stammer and Marty. Also, Purcell makes sense on the 2nd line to add some scoring to Vinny and Conacher. With that said, Teddy-Stammer-Marty were a force to be reckoned with at the end of last year and it'd be nice to see if they could continue their scoring exploits!

I don't think you'll see a lot of changes like Boucher usually does with the line combos. They talked a lot about keeping chemistry so I think the lines that have stayed together throughout camp, Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis, and Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell will be untouched. There's history there for the top line and between Vinny and Purcell.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I don't think you'll see a lot of changes like Boucher usually does with the line combos. They talked a lot about keeping chemistry so I think the lines that have stayed together throughout camp, Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis, and Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell will be untouched. There's history there for the top line and between Vinny and Purcell.

Thank you very much for confirming Days. There was a lot of discussion about Malone not being able to find chemistry with Vinny last year, so this makes the most sense. Also, Malone can provide some protection for Stammer and Marty. Can't wait to see the boys in action tomorrow night!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you very much for confirming Days. There was a lot of discussion about Malone not being able to find chemistry with Vinny last year, so this makes the most sense. Also, Malone can provide some protection for Stammer and Marty. Can't wait to see the boys in action tomorrow night!

Malone can fill the role of Downie quite easily, also love the fact that MSL and Purcell are interchangible. Purcell has good chemistry Lecavalier and Stamkos as does St.louis.

Also can't wait to see Conacher develop, his backstory is very similar to MSL's.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Malone can fill the role of Downie quite easily, also love the fact that MSL and Purcell are interchangible. Purcell has good chemistry Lecavalier and Stamkos as does St.louis.

Also can't wait to see Conacher develop, his backstory is very similar to MSL's.

Yup just we weren't stupid enough to release him. *Cough* Calgary *Cough*

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
69618_10151287055487819_1137465790_n.jpg

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
Lindback in net. We will play with 7D. Tyrell, Labrie and Mikkelson are probably scratches. Lineup for tonights game.

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis
Conacher - Lecavalier - Purcell
Pouliot - Pyatt - Crombeen
Hall - Thomspon

Salo - Hedman
Brewer - Carle
Lee - Bergeron
Aulie

Lindbäck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad