Line Combos: 2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why do people keep misspelling #1? That's twice now I've seen it as #20something.

Is this that yoloing kids are talking about?

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
With the new call-upps..

Purcell - Stamkos - Malone
St. Louis - Lecavalier - Conacher/Johnson
Pouliot - Pyatt/Wilson - Tyrell
Crombeen - Thomspon - Hall/Wyman

Hedman - Carle
Brewer - Salo
Lee - Aulie
Bergeron

Lindback
Garon

Jacques Oeuf

Oct 11, 2007
CA
Pouliot was signed to be a top six forward. They're going to give him a shot. Has nothing to do with Connolly.

Maybe but Pouliot was given every chance to be a top-6 forward on the Habs when they desperately needed him to be and he never was able to really prove his worth. I think it is likely that he going to settle in as a nice 3rd liner for the rest of his NHL career, like he did with Boston last year.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
With the new call-upps..

Purcell - Stamkos - Malone
St. Louis - Lecavalier - Conacher/Johnson
Pouliot - Pyatt/Wilson - Tyrell
Crombeen - Thomspon - Hall/Wyman

Hedman - Carle
Brewer - Salo
Lee - Aulie
Bergeron

Lindback
Garon

St Louis will certainly play on Stamkos line, and where is Connolly? and not a sniff of Barberios (sp?)?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
St Louis will certainly play on Stamkos line, and where is Connolly? and not a sniff of Barberios (sp?)?

Stamkos has proven he can get along without Marty. Vinny is the one who could benefit from MSL.

The consensus for most of last season on here was Connolly should spend this entire season in the AHL. He would have been there last year had he been eligible. He also didn't get the call to go to camp.

and Barberio is pretty much on no ones NHL radar due to the organizations depth.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think next season is when we really start to see the guys jump from AHL to here. Camp next season will be very intense for the young guys. This year Im hoping Conacher or Johnson make an impact. Would be a lot of fun to watch.

Lust4LEAFS

London Knights Scout
Jan 28, 2011
London, ON
on yahoo it states malone will get a chance to play on stamkos and st louis line?

is this true?

i picked purcell in my draft thinking he was gunna have a huge year

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Maybe but Pouliot was given every chance to be a top-6 forward on the Habs when they desperately needed him to be and he never was able to really prove his worth. I think it is likely that he going to settle in as a nice 3rd liner for the rest of his NHL career, like he did with Boston last year.

I know. Keep in mind when I say top six, I really mean a second liner. Hes going to move around between the top three lines i'd guess, hopefully finding a rhythm with someone, in the same way Pyatt did last year.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
on yahoo it states malone will get a chance to play on stamkos and st louis line?

is this true?

i picked purcell in my draft thinking he was gunna have a huge year

Thats a good idea because Purcell showed good chemistry with Stamkos at the end of the year last year but Guy rotates his lines a lot, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
based on what ive been reading and my opinions.

St. Louis - Stamkos - Malone
Purcell - Lecavalier - Conacher
Pouliot - Pyatt - Tyrell
Thomspon - Hall - Crombeen

Brewer - Carle
Salo - Hedman
Lee - Mikkelson
Bergeron/Aulie

Lindback
Garon

i think Aulie will be the 7th D most nights and Crombeen may see some scratches depending on team. Bergeron seems expendable with Carle and Salo, but with the short season, they should carry extra D

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
I wonder, after the shellacking the bottom two lines took on most nights last season, if the organization wants to roll a speedy and defensively sound third line that is more offensively capable, not just for the sake of production but also to change the balance of zone time and starts. If they are willing to live with rookie adjustment in a shortened season, I think the roster would shake out something like this:

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell
Pouliot-Johnson-Tyrell/Pyatt
Hall-Thompson-Pyatt/Tyrell
(Crombeen)

Salo-Hedman
Brewer-Carle
Lee-Mikkelson
(Aulie, Bergeron)

Lindback
Garon

Of course, I'm showing a traditional setup when we all know Boucher frequently dresses 7 d-men.

And, yes, I know I'm showing Hall on the wing but, apart from taking draws, it's not as if, in Boucher's system, he has the standard pivot duties.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'd love to have both Crombeen and Labrie on the roster. When things get nasty we'll be ready.

But Nacho probably doesn't have that big of a chance.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I wonder, after the shellacking the bottom two lines took on most nights last season, if the organization wants to roll a speedy and defensively sound third line that is more offensively capable, not just for the sake of production but also to change the balance of zone time and starts. If they are willing to live with rookie adjustment in a shortened season, I think the roster would shake out something like this:

Of course, I'm showing a traditional setup when we all know Boucher frequently dresses 7 d-men.

And, yes, I know I'm showing Hall on the wing but, apart from taking draws, it's not as if, in Boucher's system, he has the standard pivot duties.

No, I've been one of the few advocates for Hall at center, and unless peoples minds have changed, Thompson is normally the one who is written in there. As in real life, Thompson has more often been the one taking the draw.

Both of them are intelligent enough to play center, but I think the numbers are a bit more favorable with Hall taking the draw and Thompson has that physical side that'd be good along the boards.

Flame Demers*

Devils Fan coming in peace. Is Lindbach or Linberg gonna be the starter? I heard he is extremely skilled.

Can anyone give me some insight on him?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Devils Fan coming in peace. Is Lindbach or Linberg gonna be the starter? I heard he is extremely skilled.

Can anyone give me some insight on him?

I think Lindback will probably be the starter, but they aren't going to name him the #1 guy until he earns it. Until then it'll be a 1a/1b thing with Garon.

And we can't really give you any insight yet, because we haven't seen him play for the Lightning yet.

Flame Demers*

I think Lindback will probably be the starter, but they aren't going to name him the #1 guy until he earns it. Until then it'll be a 1a/1b thing with Garon.

And we can't really give you any insight yet, because we haven't seen him play for the Lightning yet.

Thanks, im looking forward to seeing him play. I really wanted the devils to trade for him to prepare for when Marty kicks down the Hall of Fame doors with a girl on each arm

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
Is anyone else a bit worried about Purcell this year? Doesn't it usually take him a while to get going each season? That would hurt bad - especially this season - if our second line winger takes 25-30 games to get in the swing of things....

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is anyone else a bit worried about Purcell this year? Doesn't it usually take him a while to get going each season? That would hurt bad - especially this season - if our second line winger takes 25-30 games to get in the swing of things....

Purcell is normally RW, but you would be right. Iginla is the same way so it'll be interesting to see if they realize it's already January.

I'm actually more concerned about Boucher's intensity. Last season he appeared too lenient for the early part of the season, and for far too long. If Boucher pushes Purcell right, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Purcell is normally RW, but you would be right. Iginla is the same way so it'll be interesting to see if they realize it's already January.

I'm actually more concerned about Boucher's intensity. Last season he appeared too lenient for the early part of the season, and for far too long. If Boucher pushes Purcell right, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I just hope they all got a giant chip on their shoulder after last season. Intensity needs to make a comeback!!

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Stamkos has proven he can get along without Marty. Vinny is the one who could benefit from MSL.

The consensus for most of last season on here was Connolly should spend this entire season in the AHL. He would have been there last year had he been eligible. He also didn't get the call to go to camp.

and Barberio is pretty much on no ones NHL radar due to the organizations depth.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

IMO you don't break up the Marty/Stamkos duo. Vinny should be moved to wing and paired with Connolly at center, and Barberio should be playing before Lee. I still like what I've seen from Dana Tyrell and it will be interesting to see what he can bring....

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Now we're talking, really like this lineup.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
^ Do you have a chart or anything? Would be awesome to see since i'm in a debate.

Just wondering, how many goals did Stamkos score when St. Louis was injured? I have a friend whos trying to argue Iginla is the better scorer than Stamkos, and the only reason he scores more is because of St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad