20-21 Season Tank Thread: The playoff dream is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Don’t forget to +1 to our final standings because of Seattle being in the lottery draft.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
All the Canucks Management are thinking....

tenor.gif

Reactions: vanuck

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Excellent !! getting crushed and utterly annihilated.

Are we still 1-2 years away Benning?? hahaha
Not resigning Marky, Tanev, Tofu, and Stecher is clearly taking a step back. We could even argue it’s tanking. Benning is the master of the no plan tank. Benning unintentionally tanked this season.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I just want to see some indication that this team is going to improve in the near future. I have zero confidence with the current buffoons running the show.

It wont.

Only Podkolzin left to inject in to the lineup.

No cap space to make the team better.

DiPietro has not played a single game for 12 months, so who knows what he is now.

Reactions: I am toxic

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I hope that in the end of season media availability when Benning inevitably points to injuries as why this season was a failure, someone or multiple people in the media point out that when the team was almost 100% healthy they still weren't a playoff team.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I hope that in the end of season media availability when Benning inevitably points to injuries as why this season was a failure, someone or multiple people in the media point out that when the team was almost 100% healthy they still weren't a playoff team.
Someone should tell Jim, that the 2013-2014 team he inherited(that "nothing" team), was a top team in the league when the injuries pilled up and derailed us along with Torts storming the flames. That team should have the injuries excuse.

This team was bottom of the league when healthy. They won more games with Petey injured than. Even Jim's most loyal fans can see this. Injuries or not, this is not a good team team. After seven years, the only legit playoff appearance was on the back of that "nothing" team.

If you want changes , don't invest a cent in the team. Fans should protest with their wallet.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

If you want changes , don't invest a cent in the team. Fans should protest with their wallet.

Thing is, as soon as fans are allowed back in the building, people will flock to the games. No matter what the ticket price is.

Casual fans will go to games regardless. Without actually looking into it, i'm not sure the last time there was a legit sell out of Rogers. And ownership still hasn't made changes. I'm starting to wonder what the line is.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm interested in where the Canucks will be in the standings after their time off. How many teams will they pass on the way down? Six to Eight is a possibility.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm interested in where the Canucks will be in the standings after their time off. How many teams will they pass on the way down? Six to Eight is a possibility.
Nothing really separates like ten teams in the standings who are just below but not part of the miserable core at the bottom. They could honestly finish... anywhere.

I think it might be in their best interest to "load manage" some of the core guys the remainder of the season.

Reactions: vanuck and lindgren

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Last two losses were a blessing.

Definitely need more losses to mount up, although at this point I'm starting to think that no loss will embarrass Benning anymore, as the man seems to be physically incapable of feeling embarrassment.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks Army with a nice piece on the odds of various Canuck players moving at the deadline. Hint. Brandon Sutter heads the list at 2-1. And the return should be at least a 2nd rounder in their opinion.. I'd jump on that if I were Benning.

They're also projecting a return of a second rounder for Pearson--assuming he's close to returning around the deadline. And a third-fourth rounder for Benn. Those are the three guys at the top the list.

A couple of seconds and maybe a third.....I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Canucks Army with a nice piece on the odds of various Canuck players moving at the deadline. Hint. Brandon Sutter heads the list at 2-1. And the return should be at least a 2nd rounder in their opinion.. I'd jump on that if I were Benning.

They're also projecting a return of a second rounder for Pearson--assuming he's close to returning around the deadline. And a third-fourth rounder for Benn. Those are the three guys at the top the list.

A couple of seconds and maybe a third.....I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I'd be shocked if they get that kind of return.

I'll be happy if they get two fourths in trades for any two of the pending UFAs.

Meanwhile, it's a lousy tank night on the out-of-town scoreboard. At least I can take a bit of pleasure from Coach Sutter proving to be something other than a grand success.

Reactions: I am toxic

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
And I would seriously question the sanity of that NHL GM that offers Benning a 2nd round pick for Sutter. Nice piece? Sutter right now is awful on a bad team.:laugh:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And I would seriously question the sanity of that NHL GM that offers Benning a 2nd round pick for Sutter. Nice piece? Sutter right now is awful on a bad team.:laugh:
Love to get a second for Sutter, and picks of any kind for our other UFAs. We know Benning doesn’t like returning picks in trades like this. (Not that he’s made more that two). If we move any UFAs Benning will return stalled prospects. CDC will go wild with excitement, posters here will point out this stalled prospect will soon be in Europe, and we know how the story ends. We continue to suck old smelly socks.

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad