20-21 Season Tank Thread: The playoff dream is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Starting things off on the right foot with a solid loss tonight. A couple more of those will be a dandy

Reactions: vanuck

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
ny8UPn8.gif

Reactions: vanuck

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Horvat and Pettersson being out is a double edged sword. On one hand, the tank rolls on stronger than ever. On the other hand, Benning already has his end of year speech ready to go pinning all the blame on injuries.

And of course Aquilini will believe every word of it.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
MTL just had 4 games PPD'd. They'll have 6 games in hand after this week, and likely will have to makeup most of those games in the makeup game week (not many opportunities in their schedule to get in extra games other than getting their PPD'd ottawa game in next week.

Edit: I just realized this is going to make Benning think that they are still in the race because they are "Only 2 points away from MTL"

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
With Horvat out I will be surprised if they play above 300 for the rest of the season. I think they were playing on adrenaline over the period when EP was out. Now to lose another key guy, it might be enough to just have them be defeated emotionally. Hate to see the guys go through this but it could be the best long term for the team.

Reactions: Zombotron

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The wins this evening from Nashville, Chicago, and New Jersey were good news. It'll be a fine tank night if Arizona and Dallas can manage points in matches with superior opponents.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
The wins this evening from Nashville, Chicago, and New Jersey were good news. It'll be a fine tank night if Arizona and Dallas can manage points in matches with superior opponents.

It’s better for Arizona to finish below us because they’ll forfeit their pick anyways.

Reactions: lindgren

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
With Horvat out I will be surprised if they play above 300 for the rest of the season. I think they were playing on adrenaline over the period when EP was out. Now to lose another key guy, it might be enough to just have them be defeated emotionally. Hate to see the guys go through this but it could be the best long term for the team.

Horvat is day to day, but then again they did say the same about Pettersson.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It’s better for Arizona to finish below us because they’ll forfeit their pick anyways.

We need this because Seattle is automatically the 3rd worst lottery team at least Arizona can kinda cancel it out. Hopefully we can lose some more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad