20-21 Season Tank Thread: The playoff dream is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I just don't understand why any of you care where they pick. There's a really good chance Benning flubs the pick anyway. Now that we know he's likely to be back, the draft doesn't matter at all.
Yep. Literally doesn't matter. Team will still suck. Like I predicted a couple months ago. He'll be around for another 4-5 years most likely. It's going to take the rest of the family stepping in and taking away Cranky Franky's toy.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It doesn’t matter if we were 3rd, 5th, 7th, or 12th

We will drop in lottery
It’s a forgone conclusion

We dropped every single year since it was implemented. Detroit only passed us in most spots dropped because we didn’t have a pick.

most likely a team directly above us or below us in the standings moves up

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
What a few games in hand can do.

They have to win tomorrow to go to 10th in the lottery odds. A loss = 9th.

Oh, they'll win... no doubt about that.

I agree though, it was a bit of an illusion sitting so low for this long. There are too many awful teams and this divisional format makes it tough to run the table.

Sounds like the draft is a crapshoot beyond the top five anyways. Wouldn't be surprised to see picks moved and teams going off the board.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Oh, they'll win... no doubt about that.

I agree though, it was a bit of an illusion sitting so low for this long. There are too many awful teams and this divisional format makes it tough to run the table.

Sounds like the draft is a crapshoot beyond the top five anyways. Wouldn't be surprised to see picks moved and teams going off the board.
I feel like the draft is a complete crap shoot. The projected number one pick has 2 line centre upside lol.

Feb 19, 2018
Unfortunately with the roster we have at this point half the team is fighting for contracts and others are due raises. No idea why Dipietro didn’t get a couple games down the stretch for all his hard work and patience.

Reactions: CanuckCity

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I figured they’d win their last remaining games. It’s what they do in garbage time

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think the really difficult thing right now is that, ok lets say you're a playoff fan from the start of the season, if you're on that bandwagon you're not seeing the playoffs, however for team tank, we are also not even seeing a top 10 pick as it looks right now. Both sides lose big time, that's the hard thing for fans. We are not going to be drafting very high, if one team before us moves up, we can drop as far as 11th, doesn't look like we will lose to the Flames too, so we are drafting like at a terrible spot, so no hope for a high end component for our team, there is really nothing to be excited about.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I think the really difficult thing right now is that, ok lets say you're a playoff fan from the start of the season, if you're on that bandwagon you're not seeing the playoffs, however for team tank, we are also not even seeing a top 10 pick as it looks right now. Both sides lose big time, that's the hard thing for fans. We are not going to be drafting very high, if one team before us moves up, we can drop as far as 11th, doesn't look like we will lose to the Flames too, so we are drafting like at a terrible spot, so no hope for a high end component for our team, there is really nothing to be excited about.

I honestly dont give a crap about where we draft.

Wont matter until management is changed. Apparently losing does nothing to motivate the ownership to switch management. I dont know what to feel at this point. My fandom has turned in to ambivalence.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad