Speculation: 20/21 Season Roster Talk @ Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
I dont like idea for trading Boone,Cam or Foligno.

First Boone he is the one soldier who does everything for the team. He is playoff dog and god i love him in playoffs. His role should be bottom 6F

Second Cam. He is loyal for this team he has always been and will always be. He can still score 20goals in a season. But the role should be in 3rd line and second PP.

Third Foligno. Toughest captain in the league. Age is taking over him but being the captain in 4th line and killing penalties i like that. Again his role was way too big last season.

These 3 guys should wear CBJ shirt in right role.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I dont like idea for trading Boone,Cam or Foligno.

First Boone he is the one soldier who does everything for the team. He is playoff dog and god i love him in playoffs. His role should be bottom 6F

Second Cam. He is loyal for this team he has always been and will always be. He can still score 20goals in a season. But the role should be in 3rd line and second PP.

Third Foligno. Toughest captain in the league. Age is taking over him but being the captain in 4th line and killing penalties i like that. Again his role was way too big last season.

These 3 guys should wear CBJ shirt in right role.
Cam is extremely overpaid for what’s he shown in last season though

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
TSN released their latest top 50 trade bait board. CBJ are:
6. Josh Anderson
19. Elvis Merzlikins
20. Joonas Korpisalo
43. Alexander Wennberg

A couple of our old friends make the list as well:
25. Matt Duchene
26. Ryan Johansen
50. Sergie Bobrovsky

A lot of interesting names in that top 50 that could help us.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We could certainly do better than either Duchene or Johansen. Not just because of salary, guys like Danault and Cirelli are better hockey players, and Gaudreau at wing is a smarter upgrade. And once you factor in that $8m salary it's ugly.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't want Duchene or Johansen. Johansen is definitely not a Torts kind of player. He was an asshole when he was here before and played with minimal effort. We don't need that. Duchene is a good hockey player but after the way he dumped on Columbus I do not want him back.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t get folks saying Duchene dumped on the Jackets. He was acquired knowing he was entering free agency. He Played well for us but had no history with the team and it was known he had Nashville as a preferred landing spot. He came as a rental and that’s what we got.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Still think Cirelli is a better fit for us

I wouldn't be opposed to offer-sheeting Anthony Cirelli, but I just don't find it very likely he ends up in Columbus. Tampa Bay Lightning have made it well known that they are making it a priority to keep him and Sergachev. We could offer-sheet him up to 6.5 million, but I would think that Tampa would match that.

I imagine Killorn and Tyler Johnson will be on the move. Killorn has a modified no trade clause. Tyler Johnson has a NTC.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
I don’t get folks saying Duchene dumped on the Jackets. He was acquired knowing he was entering free agency. He Played well for us but had no history with the team and it was known he had Nashville as a preferred landing spot. He came as a rental and that’s what we got.

Would of also costed us another 1st round pick.

I’m happy the way it turned out.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Would of also costed us another 1st round pick.

I’m happy the way it turned out.
That’s one way to look at it. We would have paid a first round draft pick. Now let’s compare that to where we are now. We’re talking about Possibly bundling a first round pick with additional players to acquire a potential 1C or 2C Who may be no better than Duchene.....I’m not saying Duchene is the greatest, but would I trade now for Duchene for the cost of a first round pick? You bet.

Reactions: Byrral

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s one way to look at it. We would have paid a first round draft pick. Now let’s compare that to where we are now. We’re talking about Possibly bundling a first round pick with additional players to acquire a potential 1C or 2C Who may be no better than Duchene.....I’m not saying Duchene is the greatest, but would I trade now for Duchene for the cost of a first round pick? You bet.

With that contract, they ought to be paying us to take him.

No way we pay anything significant to take Duchene.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't be opposed to offer-sheeting Anthony Cirelli, but I just don't find it very likely he ends up in Columbus. Tampa Bay Lightning have made it well known that they are making it a priority to keep him and Sergachev. We could offer-sheet him up to 6.5 million, but I would think that Tampa would match that.

I imagine Killorn and Tyler Johnson will be on the move. Killorn has a modified no trade clause. Tyler Johnson has a NTC.

Killorn is 100% gone. But I haven't heard any reason to think TJ is waiving, or anyone else is waiving.

I just tried out the Lightning puzzle on CapFriendly's Armchair GM feature, and if

1) no one waives their NTC

2) they sign Sergachev (I've heard he's a higher priority than Cirelli)

3) and assuming that Vasi and Point are untouchable

then there is absolutely no way to keep Cirelli. I let Cernak go and filled out the team with minimum salary players, took nothing back for Killorn, re-signed Sergachev at $4m, and still ended up with nothing left for Cirelli.

But I think if they don't get NTCs to waive, they'll know it's impossible to keep him, and just trade Cirelli for ELC players who can help the roster now. I don't see them waiting until offer sheets because they can't wait on draft picks. They'll try and get some team to cough up a Texier type guy (I probably wouldn't trade Tex but definitely Bemstrom or Foudy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad