Speculation: 20/21 Season Roster Talk @ Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The offense still needs work even with the trade for Domi. I hope the first rounder is packaged for even more help tonight.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Ok yes Jarmo added a 2nd line center that Columbus needed but assuming Anderson would have had a bounced back season, offensively this seems some what of a neutral move. Do you think Jarmo will still look for offense(still be on the phones looking for a big trade and maybe offer contracts to the bigger ufas) or is this his big acquisition(along with signing Grigorenko)of the off season and he's done for the time being? Maybe he'll wait for the UFA signings to die down and if he thinks he can sign someone for cheap he'll make an offer (like Gagner years back).

If they buy out Wennberg, I wouldn't mind going after Toffoli after word is Vancouver couldn't clear space for him. Although Hoffman would be my 1st choice.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Ok yes Jarmo added a 2nd line center that Columbus needed but assuming Anderson would have had a bounced back season, offensively this seems some what of a neutral move. Do you think Jarmo will still look for offense(still be on the phones looking for a big trade and maybe offer contracts to the bigger ufas) or is this his big acquisition(along with signing Grigorenko)of the off season and he's done for the time being? Maybe he'll wait for the UFA signings to die down and if he thinks he can sign someone for cheap he'll make an offer (like Gagner years back).

If they buy out Wennberg, I wouldn't mind going after Toffoli after word is Vancouver couldn't clear space for him. Although Hoffman would be my 1st choice.

No way Jarmo can be done at this point.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
So, here's a shot at lines after this trade presuming no other moves:

Texier-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Domi-Atkinson
Nyquist-Jenner-Bemstrom
Foudy-Grigorenko-Nash
Robinson, Gerbe

Werenski-Jones
Gavrikov-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara
Kukan, Harrington

The Goalies

I explicitly paired Foligno with Domi because Domi's most notable issue is defense, and Foligno is our best defensive forward. It's a patch attempt, essentially.

Texier and Foudy can hop over to C positions as opportunities and skill dictate. Jenner's just fine on the wing, after all.

I think your first line is definitely right (barring another major Jarmo move...). And I definitely think Domi should be with Atkinson; could help get him going again and I think they complement each other well. I'm going back and forth on whether I'd prefer Foligno or Nyquist as 2 LW. I get the defensive concern, but I think Gus is good enough defensively and would be a better fit with Domi's offensive talents than Foligno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad