Injury Report: 20-21 Injury Thread

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Had a feeling Olivier was going on IR after he blocked that one shot.

This team's already been succeeding with smoke and mirrors, I just don't see how we keep a hold of the 4th seed over the long haul this depleted. Tomasino up?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
This team's already been succeeding with smoke and mirrors, I just don't see how we keep a hold of the 4th seed over the long haul this depleted. Tomasino up?
Put Cousins on the 4th line, sit Grimaldi, and put Tomasino and Jeannot with Haula. What do they have to lose at this point?

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Put Cousins on the 4th line, sit Grimaldi, and put Tomasino and Jeannot with Haula. What do they have to lose at this point?
I dunno, the Cousins-Haula-Grimaldi line "ain't broke" lately.

But...
X - Johansson-Arvy
Jarnkrok-Granlund-Kunin
Cousins-Haula-Grimaldi
Trenin - Sissons - X

...is a framework I would probably try to keep intact? I feel like it has really helped the team to have that kind of more consistent framework instead of all the line-blender stuff that went on before. So if you have to drop Pitlick onto the first "X" and if McCarron has any sufficiently bovine characteristics for the second X, I would rather just do that and maintain the blueprint, rather than just break everything up? :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I dunno, the Cousins-Haula-Grimaldi line "ain't broke" lately.

But...
X - Johansson-Arvy
Jarnkrok-Granlund-Kunin
Cousins-Haula-Grimaldi
Trenin - Sissons - X

...is a framework I would probably try to keep intact? I feel like it has really helped the team to have that kind of more consistent framework instead of all the line-blender stuff that went on before. So if you have to drop Pitlick onto the first "X" and if McCarron has any sufficiently bovine characteristics for the second X, I would rather just do that and maintain the blueprint, rather than just break everything up? :dunno:
Or call Tomasino up for a few games and put Pitlick on the 4th.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
To take my mind off of all these injuries, I'm just going to imagine a complete lineup:

Forsberg - Johansen - Tolvanen
Granlund - Duchene - Arvidsson
Jarnkork - Haula - Kunin
Cousins/Grimaldi - Sissons - Trenin

Josi - Fabbro
Ekholm - Ellis
Benning - Carrier

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Or call Tomasino up for a few games and put Pitlick on the 4th.
Mayyyybe. But I guess that wouldn't be my first reactionary thing. Pitlick is already up and practicing with us, McCarron is already up and practicing with us. Tomasino is already truckin' nicely in Chicago. My first move would be to just try to stay within that framework. But it's definitely an option to go to the next options if that doesn't work. :dunno:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
does anyone know what happened to Forsberg? i hate to guess but concussion? i mean he started day to day then week to week and now IR...

this team is really defying the odds with all the injuries so kudos to the players and coaching staff.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We've got Novak up on the taxi squad now so I would guess he may get a look in the short term too? Now is the time to try out Tomasino though in my opinion. Wouldn't be shocked if we go 7D for a few more games though.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
To take my mind off of all these injuries, I'm just going to imagine a complete lineup:

Forsberg - Johansen - Tolvanen
Granlund - Duchene - Arvidsson
Jarnkork - Haula - Kunin
Cousins/Grimaldi - Sissons - Trenin

Josi - Fabbro
Ekholm - Ellis
Benning - Carrier
I like where you're going, I'd make a few changes

Tolvanen-Johansen-Arvidsson
Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund
Kunin-Jarnkrok-Grimaldi
Cousins/Haula-Sissons-Trenin

Josi-Fabbro
Ekholm-Ellis
Harpur-Carrier

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Schedule's about to get quite a bit tougher though, and while the buffer on Dallas is nice, they still play Detroit 4 times. Going to be interesting. If we make it we definitely earned it.

Reactions: SouthNash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad