Injury Report: 20-21 Injury Thread

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
Thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to injury updates and timetables. There are so many this year it's hard to keep up with everyone.

Anyway, is there an update on Carrier?
Have not heard anything yet, but Olivier was sent to taxi squad so I wonder who’s back. Joey was playing through some pain last night to so hopefully we don’t lose him too

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Olivier to the taxi squads is probably one of "on paper" type moves they've been making with players this season. No way he comes out just because a top 6 player comes back.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Carrier has played 20 NHL games.

Don't you need 40 games or so this season to qualify for the expansion draft?
Number of games has nothing to do with eligibility, it's based on age/draft year.

The 40 games is just about teams making someone available that has played that many.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Carrier has played 20 NHL games.

Don't you need 40 games or so this season to qualify for the expansion draft?

Per Capfriendly's expansion draft tool:

upload_2021-4-3_19-44-1.png

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Each team has to expose 2 forwards, 1 defensemen, and 1 goalie that fit within a certain criteria. Carrier will be exposed if he isn't protected. He just won't count towards meeting those requirements meaning that 1 of Benning/Borowiecki will have to be exposed in order for Nashville to fulfill the requirements set forth by the NHL for the expansion draft. Since we weren't going to protect either of those two we're covered but Seattle can pick any of those players listed by BigFatCat999 above that are not protected. Due to Carrier only having played 20 NHL games in his career, I doubt that he'll be selected. Odds are someone like Sissons gets picked if we go 4 4 1

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Each team has to expose 2 forwards, 1 defensemen, and 1 goalie that fit within a certain criteria. Carrier will be exposed if he isn't protected. He just won't count towards meeting those requirements meaning that 1 of Benning/Borowiecki will have to be exposed in order for Nashville to fulfill the requirements set forth by the NHL for the expansion draft. Since we weren't going to protect either of those two we're covered but Seattle can pick any of those players listed by BigFatCat999 above that are not protected. Due to Carrier only having played 20 NHL games in his career, I doubt that he'll be selected. Odds are someone like Sissons gets picked if we go 4 4 1

I played the mock draft and Seattle will be hurting for centers pre trade deadline. I have Sissons as the #1 C for Seattle so if Nashville were to expose Johansen or Duchene, they might be gobbled up. But back to now.

Projected dates of return:

Duchene: April 10th or earlier (He could have been back LAST week but the spread was 3-5 wks. 3 wks = 27th)
Ellis: 4-6 wks (4 wks=March 30th, 5 wk=April 6th, 6wks=April 13th day AFTER trade deadline)
Carrier: 3-5wks (started April 2nd, could be back April 16th-30th)
Borocop: Anytime now....or Robidas Island?
Sbisa: Is he still alive? Does he have a cabana on Robidas Island? or is it a shuttle service?
Richardson: Might be the mayor of Robidas Island

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Seattle doesn’t touch Sissons. They’re analytically-driven front office and Sissons isn’t exactly a Corsi-god. They will look into Jarnkrok or Cousins first. Maybe Duchene assuming Poile will do the right thing and leave him exposed. Now is the time to get rid of him.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Seattle doesn’t touch Sissons. They’re analytically-driven front office and Sissons isn’t exactly a Corsi-god. They will look into Jarnkrok or Cousins first. Maybe Duchene assuming Poile will do the right thing and leave him exposed. Now is the time to get rid of him.
Jarnkrok and cousins only have a year left on contract though. Seems risky for them to me but Jarnkrok would be a solid add for them

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
So I’m still confused. Will Carrier be exposed if he doesn’t play in 12 more games? If GR doesn’t matter, why does Cap Friendly not have him checked as eligible?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So I’m still confused. Will Carrier be exposed if he doesn’t play in 12 more games? If GR doesn’t matter, why does Cap Friendly not have him checked as eligible?

There has to be at least two forwards and one defenseman exposed who are under contract in 2-211 and played 27 games the last season or 54 games over the last two seasons. The check mark on capfriendly is indicating whether or not they meet that requirement. He still requires protection either way though.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Thx. Went back and looked at Cap Friendly again. They highlight players who are eligible in green. Carrier isn’t highlighted. Fabbro isn’t either. Is it just wrong?

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
.... and why isn’t Eeli eligible? He’ll have played 3 years at the pro level and he’ll be 22? He’s listed as exempt.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
.... and why isn’t Eeli eligible? He’ll have played 3 years at the pro level and he’ll be 22? He’s listed as exempt.
Has something to do with age. I think the first year of his contract didn’t count because he didn’t get enough pro games in (ahl or nhl).

found something from a redwing blog for the Vegas draft:

“The short version is that for the purposes of the expansion draft, a professional season is defined as 10 or more NHL games for players who are 18 or 19 years old or 10 or more NHL games, AHL, or European professional league games for a player who turns 20 before December 31 the year the season begins. The players also have to be signed to an NHL contract, so if a player played 5 seasons in the KHL before signing an NHL contract, those five seasons wouldn’t count for this requirement”

so because he didn’t get enough nhl games as a 18 and 19 year old he’s considered a 2nd year player this year.

Seattle Expansion Draft Series - Article 1: The Rules

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->