Injury Report: 20-21 Injury Thread

Thundr70

Jul 17, 2014
It would be crazy to claim him, since last year everyone was begging to get rid of him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Mayyyybe. But I guess that wouldn't be my first reactionary thing. Pitlick is already up and practicing with us, McCarron is already up and practicing with us. Tomasino is already truckin' nicely in Chicago. My first move would be to just try to stay within that framework. But it's definitely an option to go to the next options if that doesn't work. :dunno:
McCarron stinks though, rather not waste the time. Better off letting someone play that at least has a shot at doing something to help the team.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
We didn't get rid of Turris just because of his contract. No one buys that contract out unless they really want them gone.
They tried to trade him for over a year. He just has no value at this point.

He might not be in the Stephon Marbury class of teammates, but something seems really off.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I have said this many times before, but I'll say it again- hockey injuries continue to be more frustrating as a fan than any other sport. Tolvanen another perfect example. No one has any idea he has any injury at all. Then misses a game one day and is week to week the next. It just feels like 99.99999% of the time even the slightest injury always winds up being a worst case scenario. I guess Arvidsson coming back this week was the rare case of making it back much sooner than expected.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
This Monday 4/12 will be 6 weeks since Ellis had surgery to repair, what we assume was, a hand or wrist injury.

Yesterday 4/9 was the 5 week mark for Duchene. Was there any indication what happened to him?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I have said this many times before, but I'll say it again- hockey injuries continue to be more frustrating as a fan than any other sport. Tolvanen another perfect example. No one has any idea he has any injury at all. Then misses a game one day and is week to week the next. It just feels like 99.99999% of the time even the slightest injury always winds up being a worst case scenario. I guess Arvidsson coming back this week was the rare case of making it back much sooner than expected.

I've heard that the reason more prominent sports have to be more transparent with injuries is pressure from Vegas. Maybe with sports betting exploding in popularity these days, the NHL will open up a little more, just a bit? I don't know if any of that is true or not, probably wishful thinking.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've heard that the reason more prominent sports have to be more transparent with injuries is pressure from Vegas. Maybe with sports betting exploding in popularity these days, the NHL will open up a little more, just a bit? I don't know if any of that is true or not, probably wishful thinking.
It didn't used to be like this in the NHL either. Maybe it still isn't with every team, I don't know. But it seems like somewhere along the way, they just took the Cone Of Silence approach from the playoffs and extended it back into the regular season too. I get why they used to do it in the playoffs. That was in theory to maintain competitive edge, more players were playing through things, you don't want opponents targeting sensitive spots or being able to adjust to your lineup changes, etc. I guess they just figured why not keep that same mentality in place throughout the regular season too, now that playoff races always end up so tight and so on? :dunno:

Very frustrating for us as fans, though.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
This Monday 4/12 will be 6 weeks since Ellis had surgery to repair, what we assume was, a hand or wrist injury.

Yesterday 4/9 was the 5 week mark for Duchene. Was there any indication what happened to him?

Duchene got cross checked in the back and went down weird if I remember correctly.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
What is taking Duchene so long? Health bomb?

EDIT: Preds are 12-4 since March 11th

Last edited:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
we don't know if any of the 9 guys we have on IR have covid, cancer, or concussions, much less when they are going to play again.

It also wouldn't surprise me, given the way the team is performing, if they are being extra cautious to ensure everyone is as close to 100% as possible for the playoffs.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The start of the playoffs have been pushed back to 5/16 because of the Vancouver delay, right?

That leaves 4.5 weeks to get players back.
Duchene says he'll be back next week.
Tolvanen and Fabbro are at 1.5 weeks so they might be back after the Preds are done playing but before the playoffs start.
Forsberg is at 3 weeks so he might be back for the last 3-4 games.
Carrier is at 2 weeks so he might be back for the last game or 2.

This assumes 6 week timelines, not sure I feel comfortable planning for anything less. Do we ever see our players come back early? It always seems like it only gets worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->