Injury Report: 20-21 Injury Thread

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If Fabbro comes back I don't see Carrier getting back into the lineup. Could be wrong/blind.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Since a team carries 7 Dmen:

Josi - Fabbro
Ekholm - Ellis
Harpur - Carrier

Gudbranson

You have size and speed on each pair.

herzausstein makes a good point about having a good puck mover in each pair.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
NHL.com says that Forsberg, Fabbro, Carrier and Arvidsson are day-to-day.

Perhaps some of them will be able to play tonight?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
All the returnees played pretty well.

Forsberg was banging. The PP looked better.

The HRD line with Richardson replacing Cousins was probably the best line on the night, Richardson didn't get returned to PK duty or take any faceoffs, but I thought he chipped in and was a little more noticeable than I anticipated.

And Carrier looked good, he seems to pair well with Ekholm. As much as I've always wanted to switch Ellis away from Josi, it doesn't seem like Ekholm-Ellis is really any fix for that... it would be funny if Josi-Ellis ended up actually being the best we can do with Ellis. At least they gave it a try. Still want to see what Josi-Fabbro / Ekholm - Carrier / somebody - Ellis would look like.

Reactions: Scoresberg

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Ellis is +7 since he returned from injury
And that just goes to show how wrong that stat can be without context. He's played pretty bad in his own zone but others have bailed him out. Part of the problem with his defensive zone play is how hard he's pushing to score points and that gives him the positive numbers for the +/-.

And that's why I hate that the Norris trophy goes to the highest point total for defensemen. Look how well having two Norris winners is working for San Jose.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And that just goes to show how wrong that stat can be without context. He's played pretty bad in his own zone but others have bailed him out. Part of the problem with his defensive zone play is how hard he's pushing to score points and that gives him the positive numbers for the +/-.

And that's why I hate that the Norris trophy goes to the highest point total for defensemen. Look how well having two Norris winners is working for San Jose.
It reminds me of that last game against Carolina. We were all over Ellis in the GDT because of the bad plays he made. But he also scored 2 goals and was +2 because some of his bad plays were on PK and some of them he got bailed out on. So if you just read the stats line on that game, it looks like he was excellent and the rest of our team sucked. Whereas watching the game he was one of our worst players. There were 55 shots against Saros. Some of that is thanks to Ellis. But luck of the draw, Juuse (and others) managed to bail him out.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
It reminds me of that last game against Carolina. We were all over Ellis in the GDT because of the bad plays he made. But he also scored 2 goals and was +2 because some of his bad plays were on PK and some of them he got bailed out on. So if you just read the stats line on that game, it looks like he was excellent and the rest of our team sucked. Whereas watching the game he was one of our worst players. There were 55 shots against Saros. Some of that is thanks to Ellis. But luck of the draw, Juuse (and others) managed to bail him out.

Or against Tampa where he assisted on a goal for them behind the net. :facepalm:

I came across that stat somewhere and thought it was curious. He has the highest +/- over the past 5 games.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I should have said it like... the only way we bring Richardson in is if we've already clinched a playoff spot with a week left and are resting guys, right?

But jinx-logic is weird... if you mention a negative thing, then you jinx it into happening. If you mention a positive thing, it works the opposite way? Damn, now I've REALLY done it... :confused:

As it turns out you did jinx Sissons

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'd really love to see what the team would looks like if they were all healthy at one time. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. We get a couple back (Forsberg, Carrier, Richardson) then a couple go out with injuries (Arvidsson, Cousins last game, Sissons this game). I think Forsberg Joey Tolvanen has looked good once they get into the offensive zone. Trenin Sissons Olivier looks great. That leaves us tinkering with the middle 6. Jarnkrok Granlund Kunin have been great in stretches. Cousins Haula Duchene have had a good couple games here. I just don't know where to fit players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad