GDT: #2| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | September 9th | 8:00 PM | F/L 2-1

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Not to get too side tracked or personal, but I was able to spend the entire time with my wife and stayed in the hospital with her, is that not common over there? Between COVID, cultural norms, and you having another child to worry about I'm just a little curious.
There might be family rooms in our hospital, we didnt really look into it. Might be that the covid situation has closed those rooms for now anyway. Had to wear a mask the whole time in the hospital. I think its not too popular for dads to stay in the hospital here, usually finnish dads go home to drink with friends on the day the child is born.. I had to rearrange that party for later since its mid week and I have to look after our son.

Im also fine sleeping in my own bed. :D The hospital is just 10 mins drive away so Ill go there in the morning. :thumbu:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So if you're alone tonight, is it Kalsarikännit time?
Hey! I just discovered that there's an emoji for it.

tmp_7713-kalsarikannit826361728007567905.png

Reactions: Finnislander

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Should buy a Bailey jersey if we make it to the Finals?
If the Islanders win the cup, you should either change your name to Bailey, name a child Bailey, or convince one of your kids to name one of your grandchildren Bailey

Reactions: TMI

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
not sure what the overall feeling is but I am not hitting the panic button. Maybe we tweak the lineup (we may have to if Clutter is hurt) but I dont think wholesale changes are in order yet after one bad game... I go with Greiss, but will not criticize Barry's decision either way, I just feel Greiss seems to have a much calmer demeanor so more likely to bounce back, but what do I know?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
We got this tonight . LGI
Now it’s post work , pre game nap time or I will never never never make the super late start time of 8pm.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Don't know where to post this so I'll post it here. Just listened to Staple's podcast with Ray Ferraro. Two things:

1) In the first ten minutes, Staple asked all the right questions regarding what the first game meant and then about the future of the Isles. RF gave some great answers, at least I thought so. I urge you to listen if you haven't already.

2) Holy shit Ferraro can talk. I mean I know he's a bit loquacious as it I don't think he took a breath in the last 20 min.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Don't know where to post this so I'll post it here. Just listened to Staple's podcast with Ray Ferraro. Two things:

1) In the first ten minutes, Staple asked all the right questions regarding what the first game meant and then about the future of the Isles. RF gave some great answers, at least I thought so. I urge you to listen if you haven't already.

2) Holy shit Ferraro can talk. I mean I know he's a bit loquacious as it I don't think he took a breath in the last 20 min.

OT, but every time I hear Ferraro I need to relisten to the hot mic clip when he's making fun of Phaneuf and Paul Martin. God damn hilarious.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Varly most likely starting. I hated his body language in game 1. Let’s hope he gets back to the form that helped get us here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad