GDT: #2| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | September 9th | 8:00 PM | F/L 2-1

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
There probably is no middle ground tonight. The Isles adjust and have a solid win or they probably get beat badly again. I think the series will settle for the ensuing games and things will be tighter for however many additional games get played but I feel tonight will be 3-0/4-1 one way or another.

Reactions: mm11

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Lets Go Islanders! Time to start playing Islanders hockey again.

My wife gave birth to beautiful baby girl today. Win now and its easily the best day of my life. Losing the game will set the day way back on my top list..

Congrats! First child? Raising my son was the greatest accomplishment of my life . . nothing else comes close

Reactions: TMI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

My wife gave birth to beautiful baby girl today. Win now and its easily the best day of my life. Losing the game will set the day way back on my top list..
Congratulations.

Now LGI.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I think JGP has been a little quiet the past couple of games. Think the odds of him making some more noise is a good bet. I would reunite Leo, Brass and Pager tonight. If Boychuck is good to go, get him in too.

I think I'd pick Knuckles or MDC over Leo honestly.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Congratulations! I watched the blue and white scrimmage with mine 12 hours after she was born a couple years ago. I expect that baby to be on your lap for this one, the good luck charm!

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

Congrats and good luck! :laugh: We have a three month old and I don't think I slept in a week. Or three months. Or maybe more like half a year...

I hope we'll see a different team today on the ice, hopefully the effort and determination will be there.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Has boychuk been hurt, or has been a healthy scratch? i have never gotten a direct answer on this
We're not going to get direct answers at this point but Trotz has said that 'everyone is available' a few times. I do wonder with Leo because they usually have multiple guys warm up but they didn't have him warm up when Dal Colle replaced him. Just made me a little curious is all.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Congratulations! I watched the blue and white scrimmage with mine 12 hours after she was born a couple years ago. I expect that baby to be on your lap for this one, the good luck charm!
She has to wait until the next game to watch it with dad. She is staying in the hospital over night with mom. (Pretty standard procedure over here, that mom and child stays 1-3 nights to be monitored).

But I have brain washed my wife fairly well into this Islanders thing, so I wouldng be surprised if she is watching the game if she cant sleep. (Puck drop 3AM here)

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
She has to wait until the next game to watch it with dad. She is staying in the hospital over night with mom. (Pretty standard procedure over here, that mom and child stays 1-3 nights to be monitored).

But I have brain washed my wife fairly well into this Islanders thing, so I wouldng be surprised if she is watching the game if she cant sleep. (Puck drop 3AM here)

Not to get too side tracked or personal, but I was able to spend the entire time with my wife and stayed in the hospital with her, is that not common over there? Between COVID, cultural norms, and you having another child to worry about I'm just a little curious.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
We're not going to get direct answers at this point but Trotz has said that 'everyone is available' a few times. I do wonder with Leo because they usually have multiple guys warm up but they didn't have him warm up when Dal Colle replaced him. Just made me a little curious is all.
I thought it looked like Leo got hurt in the third period of game 6. Played a bit through the overtime, but didn't look right, and missed the last two games. Hope he's ok. I think he's a better choice than MDC or Knuckles, and likely the best choice for getting under Kucherov's skin.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

congrats buddy! Raising a 12 year boy myself ......... it's crazy but fun.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

So if you're alone tonight, is it Kalsarikännit time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad