Post-Game Talk: #2: FLYERS 4 vs. Devils 0, Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
By the way, Canucks are looking so good too like us. Their transition is so much better than last year like us. It will be really interesting and hard game on Saturday. And probably first harder test for us.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Hart for Vezina............Konecny Couturier Lindblom is our No. 1 line.

Wave after wave of attackers. Haag was not too bad.
I wanted Morin or Myers to have been in the line-up and still do. But honestly Haag had a good game. No fake hits, some were bone rattling. And he does try to protect our crease in scrums.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
By the way, Canucks are looking so good too like us. Their transition is so much better than last year like us. It will be really interesting and hard game on Saturday. And probably first harder test for us.

Going to Minny so will have to find a sports bar for the game

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker gets his trophy for leading the “our core isn’t the problem” battles. FINALLY we have evidence to support what we knew all along. Good job bro!
View attachment 262723
Hell yeah, man.

A lot of us knew it... it was Hakstol holding them back, not them as players. If this new coaching staff gets their shit together I see no reason why this team can't compete.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
- I was legit terrified that the Debs would get a cheapie there at the end. Not even a tough shutout for Hart, but that one save when it was 1-0 was a total momentum changer. Have not felt this way about a Flyers goalie since ... well... Lindbergh?

- The competition looks terrible but after years of the Flyers playing down to their opponents, these two games have been amazing.

- I actually disagree with the people who are ripping the Devils' roster. They have a healthy Hall, hughes, Gusev, Subban and Simmonds. I get that Simmonds and Subban look cooked but I think they have legit talent. Last year they were playing Kurtis Gabriel FFS. They look like a team that wants to get their coach fired.

- Would have given TK third star, did you notice him backchecking like crazy a couple times? A few shifts after his goal he was the first guy back and rode his man out of the crease. Gonna set the O/U at 65 points for him this year.

- Don't know what the advanced stats look like but Hagg didn't seem notably terrible and he actually made an impactful hit very late in the game deep on a pinch in the Devils' zone.

- Special teams and goalie carried, what is this team?

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
egbVHi4.gif

Now I understand half of us........

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Hell yeah, man.

A lot of us knew it... it was Hakstol holding them back, not them as players. If this new coaching staff gets their **** together I see no reason why this team can't compete.
Yup. With this core, more skill on the way and this intensity, we are a play off team.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad