1ST ROUND OF PLAYOFF'S (schedule & bracket)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Always liked Jeff Carter & Mike Richards (too bad his career went sideways). Glad they got their cups in L.A.

upload_2021-5-20_16-28-43.png

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So, what the hell is wrong with Kadri? Has there been a season where he didn't get fined/suspended in the playoffs? And he has that damn clueless look in the penalty box afterwards. He could sit for the rest of the first round plus more and I wouldn't cry foul at this point. Guy's just dumb.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So, what the hell is wrong with Kadri? Has there been a season where he didn't get fined/suspended in the playoffs? And he has that damn clueless look in the penalty box afterwards. He could sit for the rest of the first round plus more and I wouldn't cry foul at this point. Guy's just dumb.

eab30bde4be1b813c4a33d66d2bef219.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Coach Q is a great coach and I understand the regular season argument. Even while Tampa scored a bunch in game 1 Bob was really good, I don't really agree with not playing him. Barkov going down is tough too, you need all your guys going to beat Tampa. I did think Florida was really ready even without Ekblad but they have been out executed and in my opinion Cooper has gotten the better of Q at times as well in this series.

Interesting to see him scratch Yandle, that guy is a playoff liability, but unfortunately they have a few other softer D as well still.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I haven’t been that scared for a player in a long time.

I was watching it live and audibly gasped, then when they panned to him and the way his neck looked and everything about it, the part where he comes to and tries sitting up and the trainer is struggling to control his neck... It was just this could be career altering kind of feeling to be honest. I hope he has a speedy recovery, you have to worry about a lot of things watching that to be honest. Kind of the most disturbing injury I have seen live I think since the Louisville kid broke his leg in that tournament game for me at least. Maybe I am forgetting one though and that is honestly probably a good thing.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
That was truly awful looking.

Here is the video, for those of you that don't like watching injuries I would advise taking a pass.

Yeah that's awful. Makes me feel sick to watch. I'm sure he has a brutal concussion.

I also hate to see Foligno fight Perry as if it was his fault. Stand up for your teammates if someone maliciously targets them. You don't have to fight someone everytime there's an injury or big clean hit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah that's awful. Makes me feel sick to watch. I'm sure he has a brutal concussion.

I also hate to see Foligno fight Perry as if it was his fault. Stand up for your teammates if someone maliciously targets them. You don't have to fight someone everytime there's an injury or big clean hit.

Perry really wasn't throwing punches either. I don't get that. A part of that though I am sure is his reputation. I don't think he did that intentionally at all though, it happened so fast. Honestly live watching it happen as it went out of your screen that I was worried he got him with his skate at first, not that the knee to the jaw and what happened was good. But I thought he was eating a skate when I first was watching it.

I do hope he is alright or as right as he can be and makes a full recovery, really scary.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
You don't have to fight someone everytime there's an injury or big clean hit.

It's seemingly become another addition to team solidarity/morale in a case like this.

Usually it seems to be about backing up your teammate no matter how right/wrong they are. At least in the moment on the ice. Like I think at times when Kronwall would catch bodies sometimes opposing teammates would go after him on the ice but then afterwards let their guy know, "Bro you gotta keep your head up."

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I was watching it live and audibly gasped, then when they panned to him and the way his neck looked and everything about it, the part where he comes to and tries sitting up and the trainer is struggling to control his neck... It was just this could be career altering kind of feeling to be honest. I hope he has a speedy recovery, you have to worry about a lot of things watching that to be honest. Kind of the most disturbing injury I have seen live I think since the Louisville kid broke his leg in that tournament game for me at least. Maybe I am forgetting one though and that is honestly probably a good thing.

Ugly injury. Worst I've seen is maybe Marchment falling into that open penalty box door.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Perry really wasn't throwing punches either. I don't get that. A part of that though I am sure is his reputation. I don't think he did that intentionally at all though, it happened so fast. Honestly live watching it happen as it went out of your screen that I was worried he got him with his skate at first, not that the knee to the jaw and what happened was good. But I thought he was eating a skate when I first was watching it.

I do hope he is alright or as right as he can be and makes a full recovery, really scary.

Yeah I respected that Perry just took his licks in that fight. He and Tavares are supposed to be really good friends so I imagine he felt pretty bad about what went down even if it wasn't his fault. I also think he understood that if he won the fight, the rest of the series would be ugly and just about the Tavares injury so he let Foligno have his way and now they can move past it more easily.

Yeah I thought it was a skate too and that could have been even worse. The first reports about Tavares sound promising so while I doubt he plays hockey anytime soon, hopefully this isn't something that affects him long-term.

It's seemingly become another addition to team solidarity/morale in a case like this.

Usually it seems to be about backing up your teammate no matter how right/wrong they are. At least in the moment on the ice. Like I think at times when Kronwall would catch bodies sometimes opposing teammates would go after him on the ice but then afterwards let their guy know, "Bro you gotta keep your head up."

Yeah I understand that Foligno fought to send a message that they'll protect their teammates and boost team morale after such an ugly injury. Guys certainly do that nowadays even if their opponent did nothing wrong, and I'm sure ultimately Perry understands that the fight wasn't an indictment of his actions... I don't like it though. I think if you fight someone it's because they deserve to get punched in the face. I've never liked Perry, but in this case I just felt bad for the dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad