1ST ROUND OF PLAYOFF'S (schedule & bracket)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Made me wonder about how Larkin, for all his deficiencies, wouldn't hesitate to do the same as Landeskog did here.

Reactions: 14ari13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Playoff hockey is both super exciting and super depressing all at the same time.

No kidding.

Someone else mentioned it, but the pace these teams play with is different than what we see from our Wings. We've got a ways to go.

But we'll get there.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
tbay just keeps bringing wave after wave of good skating good handed forwards
It's crazy to think both TB & FLA had Marchessault. 3W/depth player in TB, the next season he broke out in FLA for 30G, 51pts when TB didn't resign him. Then FLA dumps him to VGK & ADDS R.Smith as a "sweetener" hahahaha. Bet they wish they had them now. Still one of the biggest head-scratching moves by a GM, ever.

iirc, wasn't the reasoning to keep Bjugstad?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
No kidding.

Someone else mentioned it, but the pace these teams play with is different than what we see from our Wings. We've got a ways to go.

But we'll get there.
Yea, I'm re-watching our 98 playoff run and seeing the pace, the skill and the toughness tastes so bitter and it tastes so sweet. Hopefully we can get back to that level some day.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hi

I don't follow any other teams at all. But I'll probably try to check out a few games at the bar now that I'm vaccinated. Tell me, which teams should I prioritize?

Really my only preconceived biases are: f*** Pittsburgh forever; and f*** Colorado too but to a slightly lesser degree.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hi

I don't follow any other teams at all. But I'll probably try to check out a few games at the bar now that I'm vaccinated. Tell me, which teams should I prioritize?

Really my only preconceived biases are: f*** Pittsburgh forever; and f*** Colorado too but to a slightly lesser degree.

The TBL/FLA games are pretty fun.

Vegas/Minnesota was a hell of a game 1 this year. It was a great goaltending matchup.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Hi

Game 1 Tampa Florida is the best game I've seen in years. Game 2 Tampa got a 2-0 lead and shut it down so it wasn't nearly as fun. Still worth watching because the skill on display is crazy and Florida matches up well against Tampa.

Canes are a lot of fun, but Nashville doesn't seem up to the task. Similar with the Avs-Blues. Gotta love watching speedy skilled teams though.

Caps-Bruins is a very tight series with a lot of star power. Pitt-NYI is similar but more boring because of Trotz. Vegas Minnesota also fits in the super tight series category, but it has even less skill and star power on display.

Can't comment on the two North division series since they haven't played yet but anything with McDavid is worth watching. If the Canadians don't get bodied, that series should be fun, but I'm expecting a slaughter. If it's close though, the history and insanity of those fan bases makes it worth watching.

My interest ranking:
TB-FLA
WSH-BOS
EDM-WPG
COL-STL
CAR-NSH
PITT-NYI
TOR-MTL
VGK-MIN

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
TML over MTL in 4 or 5. Price may steal gm.#3.

Yet another over-confident MTL fan:

upload_2021-5-19_16-10-38.png

Last edited:

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Man Colorado looks like a fun ass team to be a fan of these days.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Of course Edmonton won't do their part to give us a McDavid vs. Matthews series.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Poor Caps haha

Mantha 4 Goals in the first 4 Games... 0 Goals in the last 13... Hmmm... Stevie knows what he's doing

Weird time to post this, Mantha played well tonight. In fact he has had a good series, besides the Caps 4th line who has played amazing he has been one of their best players. I would argue Orlov is the only guy to outplay him, Backstrom and Carlson must be injured because they have been rough. Orlov is carrying that top pair, he has really impressed me.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Watching the Edmonton board collectively call on Holland to be fired is both hilarious and expected.
They are close to 40 years without the cup.
They want to start all over again?

Caps down 2-1. I cant believe I am cheering for the Ruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad