Pre-Game Talk: 1st Méchant Mardi - Minny visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Habs just got smaller for sure. Dach was one of the biggest reasons for excitement entering this season. It sounds like he may be out several months. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I never wanna see anyone, fans or media, say the Habs can't possibly lose as many man games as they have.

They can, they probably will and no need to throw that voodoo out there.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I never wanna see anyone, fans or media, say the Habs can't possibly lose as many man games as they have.

They can, they probably will and no need to throw that voodoo out there.
It is puzzling... my theory is becuase of their style of play. Sure, some injuries are just random and happen to everyone. But the sustained high number year after year gotta be more than random. Habs are very passive, they rarely instigate physical play, they block shots, absorb hits, defend...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It is puzzling... my theory is becuase of their style of play. Sure, some injuries are just random and happen to everyone. But the sustained high number year after year gotta be more than random. Habs are very passive, they rarely instigate physical play, they block shots, absorb hits, defend...

Was a Ducharme coached team with a lot of different players the first time.. so not sure its that.

Just seems to be some of the most unlucky shit you'll ever see.. and the last medical staff exasperated injuries.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The good news is that there is no "can't pass the puck" duo Anderson/Gallagher on the same PP wave. The bad news is that PP1 swapped Dach for Anderson...
We would actually be so much better with Matheson Ghule/Xhekaj manning the point than inserting Anderson. I would love to see Xhekaj given free rein to crowd the net while either Caufield or Suzuki swap places with him. This would take some forward thinking which has been in short supply with our special teams.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Newhook/Anderson can work because Newhook will make it easy for JA by carrying the puck and attacking on the rush. Remember the chemistry he had with Byron? Well newhook is a richs man Byron so maybe the could work for now

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know it's early and we just lost one of our prized young players, but damn this team is thin with talent up front.
I see it now, this will be a bottom 5 team for sure.
When you look at the cap hits, it shouldn't be thin with talent up front...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Bergevin sold the team's soul to the devil when we went to the Cup Finals. The sheer amount of injuries this organization has suffered since then.. there's no other explanation.

Gutted for Dach. I'm hoping Newhook can at least fill a gap until Dvo's back.

Reactions: morhilane and Tyson

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
RHP worked well with him. Newhook seemed to work in pre-season as well.

Maybe RHP/Newhook/Anderson would be a better choice. Put Slaf with CC/Suzuki until Dach is back...

God forbid they'd try and get the first overall pick as many touches as possible with the most talented players instead of putting a 4th line dead-end scrub with them

DEVELOPMENT!

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Damn give me hockey already. Playing tomorrow, then saturday, this is bullsh**.

Crying-Baby.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad