Pre-Game Talk: 1st Méchant Mardi - Minny visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Slaf-Newhook-Anderson looked good during training camp. Maybe that and RHP on the first?
Two good options

Lately it's Fleury I think
It's usually not Minnesota's goaltending. The games always seem to be one sided
RHP with Suzuki and Caufield so we probably see Anderson play with Newhook and Slaf.

This will work. RHP is one of the very best young players to emerge from the 2019 draft. We should be fired up to have him.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Slaf-Newhook-Anderson will be an interesting one to watch. The loss of Dach is huge, but the silver lining is Newhook is going to get some great development time

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Curious for the lines without Dach

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
RHP - Newhook - Slaf
?

Monahan should be moved up top 6
But then we only have 1 center for the bottom 6 so it complicates it a bit

You can bring Pezz in sure, but if you move Evans to 3C who is centering 4th line
I hope they reunite Newhook and Anderson if Newhook plays center. I'm not a fan of Anderson with Suzuki and Caufiled anyways.

Put Monahan with Slafkovsky and Newhook. We need someone who can hold their hands until they can go on their own. I don't feel comfortable leaving these two alone. We got to develop these players. Give them someone who can enable their potential.

Stop wasting Monahan with shit Gallagher already.
well Monahan will be at C until Newhook is back. I like Newhook with Anderson. I don't see Slaf complementing them that well. Maybe Slaf plays with Monahan. And those duos are completed by Pearson, Ylonen, and Gallagher.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Overall a crappy night of early games tomorrow. McDavid’s in Nashville, maybe that’s where he’ll go berserk after only putting up 3 pts in 2 games against VAN.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well today I learned that Newhook nickname is Newie. That's not far from newfie.
Is it still PC to say newfie? I no longer know... it's 2023.

I'm sure they absolutely crushing it on the PP while practicing against our elite PK.
You can tell even from the pic that PK all fell back and just standing still. Lol... yeah... that's gonna happen during the games.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Hate to bring it up again but the line combos are not the big source of pp results. The elephant in the room is Burrows. I believe he is in charge of the pp and pk. Both have been among the bottom three in the leagueor so for years. What credentials does he have to lead in these areas?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Habs fans will be introduced to Brock Faber who is an absolute rock on D and would have been my primary target for a sell-high trade of Matheson this summer.

I don't think anyone can pry him out of Minnesota anymore.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hate to bring it up again but the line combos are not the big source of pp results. The elephant in the room is Burrows. I believe he is in charge of the pp and pk. Both have been among the bottom three in the leagueor so for years. What credentials does he have to lead in these areas?

He was an ex player and hired during MBs tenure.

That's all you needed.

Reactions: Rapala

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Habs fans will be introduced to Brock Faber who is an absolute rock on D and would have been my primary target for a sell-high trade of Matheson this summer.

I don't think anyone can pry him out of Minnesota anymore.

He was already a Wild this summer and we did not have a 85pts player to trade for him.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I have no problem with the gally criticism but why do I feel like he'll score a goal now? It's like how we talked about Dach looking like he could be our best C and then....

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Mesar is not playing in Laval. Time to call him up and slide him into Dach's spot.
Insert world's largest sarcastic emoji

I wasn't expecting a lot of wins before Dach's injury. Now I'm worried if I'll be entertained.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

He got the best faux hawk of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad