Post-Game Talk: 19 games left

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
damn my farts are deadly right now. i'd mail them to katz but they'd probably cause too much collateral damage and next thing you know i'm in jail for creating a wmd.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Remember how this team used to play decent against good teams, and then just totally lay eggs against bad ones? And we always used to feel like if only this team could put the effort they do against good teams against bad ones, we could maybe accomplish something.

Now, they just consistently play like trash against everyone and depend on 2 or 3 players to do everything.

It's friggin amazing how consistently bad this team is now. THere is literally nothing to grab onto anymore for any fan that has paid attention. Only guys that have only been watching this team for a few years like Bobby Nicks think there is some hidden potential.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
bWBeYWA.gif

6ArOSfI.gif

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid wants out?!? I don't blame him as long as this tool and Kevin Lowe are still around. Hell...Having to listen and look at Bob Stauffers oversized face would be make me sick of this franchise too!
OT...I met Stauffer last year on the golf course. Very nice guy, I liked him better when he was free to voice his opposition though. Katz propaganda machine now, too bad.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Katz never speaks in public anymore. He is a joke along with all of the other cronies running this club

He got everything that he ever wanted and now would rather chase bounce.gif's and try to pay them. He is a joke and has ****ed the team and city over to the point that the goose that laid the golden egg is on life support.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He’s not playing great lately but it hardly makes him junk overall. You have a bias towards him though so I get why you can’t evaluate him objectively.

We were a terrible team with them so I fail to see how we’d be any better overall with an even worse defence. Also Hall’s injured majority of the season and eberle is just as ineffective as he was here near the end.

Sleeping on Barzal/Boeser/Debrincat is the real management travesty
Larsson has been terrible ever since his father passed away. Maybe it’s still bothering him, I don’t know. He was exceptionally bad when Klefbom was hurt. He’s a second pairing defenseman at best miscast as a top pairing defenseman. The Leafs abused him tonight. His strengths are supposed to be defense but he doesn’t even do that well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid wants out?!? I don't blame him as long as this tool and Kevin Lowe are still around. Hell...Having to listen and look at Bob Stauffers oversized face would be make me sick of this franchise too!

As much I feel for Connor ... as an owner I'd tell him to go pound sand. You signed an 8 year contract, you're not going anywhere for a minimum of 3 years.

He's not the only great player to suffer in the early portion of his career. Mario Lemieux did not make the playoffs for like the first 5 years of his career, Steve Yzerman played on several bad teams early on, Jarome Iginla missed the playoffs at one point for 7 straight years. If the Avs miss the playoffs again, Nathan MacKinnon is 6 years into his career and hasn't played in the 2nd round once and makes half the salary McDavid does.

I honor zero trade request, if he wants to stay at home and miss out on $12.5 million he can do that and the Oilers can go collect another no.1 overall but he's going nowhere for a long time.

I doubt that's coming from Connor's camp because he has more character than that.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
lol this team is so doomed, need to fire Bobby Burgers and move on down through the management. Seriously, what is the one constant through the last decade+ failure? OBC.

Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
"It was all Chia, he secretly advised us starting in the year after the SCF's run".

Yes, and for 3.5 years he was locked away in his office with the all powerful "trade" button that gave him ultimate power without anyone else contributing an opinion. Took us that long to finally break the door down and get it back from him!

Except the Koskinen deal, we all agreed to that one talking through the door.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Way too easy to defend when you only need to cover 2 guys

Seriously though. How does an opposition spend more than 5 minutes preparing for us? “Ah k guys pretty simple. Cover 97 and 29. Not even sure who the rest of their roster is but just cover 97 and 29. Anyone else gets the puck just let them shoot. It probably won’t go in anyways”

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Way too easy to defend when you only need to cover 2 guys

Yup connor was completely shut down. Got that playoff treatment too. Just got smothered.

Team has does not have the depth to win when he has a quiet game. Years of statistical evidence proves that. Lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Leafs are just a terrible match up for the Oilers. They have a quick strike offence that comes in waves and thrives on feasting on little 3-4 minute let downs from opponents. Oilers are a ripe opponent for that.

Reactions: Canada Drai

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
The amount of times we miss the net is criminal. And again F the refs, the control the fricken game with no accountability at all, Cave serious got penalized for absolutely nothing and mcdavid, crickets,\. I cant stand it anymore

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Leafs are just a terrible match up for the Oilers. They have a quick strike offence that comes in waves and thrives on feasting on little 3-4 minute let downs from opponents. Oilers are a ripe opponent for that.

This team needs to have a ton of new faces and a coach that can also prop up mentally fragile players.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
So, I leave my office, the elevator immediately gets stuck for 45 minutes, and the entire time I need to use the washroom. Decide that it's probably best to not use an elevator to get back up to my floor in my building as I'm about to shit my pants. Everything kind of settles down, so I go to the train to take it the few stops back to my place as I'm sure I can hold it.

Anddd, yep, the train breaks down in the middle of stops and I'm unable to get off to handle my business. That takes about 25 minutes to sort out, and by the time I get off at my destination, I'm basically holding my ass cheeks together to make it home. Takes about 10 minutes to get home, and it's a struggle the whole way. I get home, drop my keys several times in the panic but finally get into my apartment to find my girlfriend, who has told me that our toilet is broken. I decide the best bet is to use the sink, cause I just have to go. It happens, not happy about it but it happens. I decide to turn on the light to see the damage, but accidentally hit the garb-orator switch that's beside it and it shoots out everywhere, in my mouth, eyes, on the floor, and stove - everywhere.

Anyways, none of this actually happened. It just sounds like a vacation compared to watching the Oilers play anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad