Post-Game Talk: 19 games left

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Good thing we wasted a season just to satisfy the curiosity of those who wanted to be 110% sure Chia blew chunks.

Ya man, can't believe we went into the season with that joke of a GM. Also can't believe he wasn't fired after the 6 game losing streak to end December.
Katz has the luxury of having already sold this year's tickets...and the luxury of having McDavid to sell tickets when the building should be half empty.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Also Oiler fans who lurk regularly but hardly post and attempted to enter the conversation... *cough

My bad, you were collateral damage :) I just looked over your posting history and you appear to be an Oilers fan so I just removed your warning.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Our first pairing D was our biggest problem tonight followed by an incompetent PK... some terrible penalties were taken.

The problem wasn't RNH.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well you said he was better this game, which isnt true. Reider is horrid which is a massive under statement. He absolutely hampers offense of any kind. Nuge isnt the problem.

Sure not the solution, and I'm not sure if you are awar of this but Nuge +McD w/o Draisaitl sport negative numbers in EV play. That's really bad. There is no way in hell that should be the case.

McDrai are over a goal per game better per 60mins EV. Nuge +McD are around -.5GA differential per 60mins. That can't happen and its bad results when they play together. I could say a lot more on that, and I won't, and I'll leave the thread now.

Cheers to everybody, we don't need the aggravation of this club.

Reactions: McTedi

rjayd2

Jan 4, 2015
Adam Larsson might win the green jacket this year.

But sure getting rid of Hall and Eberle for junk was the right move!

He’s not playing great lately but it hardly makes him junk overall. You have a bias towards him though so I get why you can’t evaluate him objectively.

We were a terrible team with them so I fail to see how we’d be any better overall with an even worse defence. Also Hall’s injured majority of the season and eberle is just as ineffective as he was here near the end.

Sleeping on Barzal/Boeser/Debrincat is the real management travesty

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Koskinen was great again tonight, but the goal posts were not friendly to him. Plain bad luck obviously.

Wonder if we can scramble to sign Cave and Reider to extensions before another team scoops them up? I mean , they’re bound to score a goal next year, aren’t they?

Reactions: lopper

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Sure not the solution, and I'm not sure if you are awar of this but Nuge +McD w/o Draisaitl sport negative numbers in EV play. That's really bad. There is no way in hell that should be the case.

McDrai are over a goal per game better per 60mins EV. Nuge +McD are around .5GA differential per 60mins. That can't happen and its bad results when they play together. I could say a lot more on that, and I won't, and I'll leave the thread now.

Cheers to everybody, we don't need the aggravation of this club.
I liked Nuges first half a lot. He was a solid 2way center/winger. Lately his game lacks urgency. Not sure if its confidence or what. But when he is on and playing determined, he looks great. Wish he was a bigger threat to score on the PP, it would drive pressure away from Drai and mcD.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Koskinen was great again tonight, but the goal posts were not friendly to him. Plain bad luck obviously.

Wonder if we can scramble to sign Cave and Reider to extensions before another team scoops them up? I mean , they’re bound to score a goal next year, aren’t they?

Nah, would rather just bring Hendricks back.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
a front office that wins one game out of five and starts waving their “fingers” around with the cup rings on them

Idk, they know way better than us, like... Not a single other person here could have rode Gretz/Mess/Kurri/Fuhr/3plus other top line players for 10 years to win 6 cups. Just Lowe. And MacT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad