Post-Game Talk: 19 games left

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
RNH on the ice for 5 leafs goals tonight. Sounds about right. 2nd, 3d, 4th, 5th, 6th. Is there a Safeway contest for that?

I lol in the 3rd when we put him out as the Center on the 5 on 3. I'm thinking how many seconds before he gets scored against. 25secs for the record. From the faceoff.
Kind of a recipe for failure though. The one thing the leafs do well, is PP. RNH has struggled lately there is no doubt.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
RNH has been playing poorly lately but didn't I recently read you standing up for Rieder of all ****ing people? I can't even skate and I'd probably score a ****ing goal in less TOI than he has.

Rieder played better in this game than Nuge did. Rieder was even tonight on a 6-1 loss. he isn't being paid 6M, and he's not wearing a letter on the team like a supposed leader is.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rieder played better in this game than Nuge did. Rieder was even tonight on a 6-1 loss. he isn't being paid 6M, and he's not wearing a letter on the team like a supposed leader is.

Good, bump him up with McDavid then. Maybe he might score a goal by the end of the season. Nuge is not at his best, he is likely either hurt or run down, fact remains this team would be dead last with a bullet if not for his, Connor's or Drai's contributions this season.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Nurse needs to figure out a better type of game because his default is not working. He needs to calm the **** down as well.
Russell should be playing 3rd pairing.
Benning...I just don't understand how he got an extention.

As much as we need wingers. We need to upgrade our D-corp.

Same things. Chasing play. Errant passing. Watching play. Just a poor effort all around. And the same D men that are on the goals against that deflate the team time and again.

And we pretty much have to watch the same line up next year barring the hiring of a GM that can make miracles happen.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
RNH on the ice for 5 leafs goals tonight. Sounds about right. 2nd, 3d, 4th, 5th, 6th. Is there a Safeway contest for that?

I lol in the 3rd when we put him out as the Center on the 5 on 3. I'm thinking how many seconds before he gets scored against. 25secs for the record. From the faceoff.

From the guy who detests +/- as a stat? You omit the fact that 4 of those were on the PK (or just after) incl. a 5 on 3. Not calling out the ones that actually took the penalties?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drivesaitl, how do you pick on RNH of all players in this game? You're not even attempting to hide your irrational hate for him.

Nuge is -7 (was -8 until the meaningless bogus goal) in the last 8GP.

Significantly, in ANY gutcheck time for the club, for instance McD being gone multiple games, Nuge is nowhere to be seen. Again. He's an alternate captain on this club, you wouldn't know it. Like several people have stated he checked out weeks ago.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Reider is miles worse than Nuge, he hasn't even had a sniff of scoring this year.

Well of course he is, nobody said different. Nuge is a #1 pick. He's paid huge coin, he's a team captain. He hasn't improved, or gotten better at anything since his draft year. Theres a dozen players better than him now from his draft year. Isn't that on him? What has done to improve?

It seems its either Vanilla Nuge playing conservative or this one, and he's -14.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

Significantly, in ANY gutcheck time for the club, for instance McD being gone multiple games, Nuge is nowhere to be seen. Again. He's an alternate captain on this club, you wouldn't know it. Like several people have stated he checked out weeks ago.

Can you really blame him though. He’s been here for years. Outside of one year it’s been the same shit year after year. Play till December. Then play for “pride”. Surrounded by mediocre players. It’s gotta be mentally exhausting. I’m FAR from the biggest Nuge guy. You can see my posts I thought he should have been the first to go, just never seen his shine like others. But you gotta feel for the guy, we saw it with Hall and Eberle. The “f*** this” ways after the oilers suck gets into them. It’s gotta be painful year after year going to work knowing full well nothing is getting better

rjayd2

Jan 4, 2015
source.gif

Hats off to the mods for getting rid of the trolls.

Also Oiler fans who lurk regularly but hardly post and attempted to enter the conversation... *cough

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
I have a choice to go to the game in Ottawa tomorrow, but my kids are tired of these losers losing and don’t want to go. Last year’s game was fun though.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto

So is Lucic...

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Well of course he is, nobody said different. Nuge is a #1 pick. He's paid huge coin, he's a team captain. He hasn't improved, or gotten better at anything since his draft year. Theres 15 players better than him now in his draft year. Isn't that on him?
Well you said he was better this game, which isnt true. Reider is horrid which is a massive under statement. He absolutely hampers offense of any kind. Nuge isnt the problem.

Reactions: slaman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad