Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why did we sign gruden?
IMG_9468.jpeg

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
McDonagh requested a trade at cleanout day, Trotz confirmed. Said it's about that and not the cap space.
But yeah, this does make Nashville more interesting this summer.
I accept that there’s a small group of teams have perpetual unfair advantages in FA. I get that. But now it’s bleeding into contracts that have already been signed because players are pulling hissy fits. They better address this shit in the next CBA because it’s going to completely ruin the competitiveness of the league if they let it keep going like this.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I thought you were being facetious, but holy cow, it's like the Coyotes NHL roster down there.
Actually I was just regurgitating what a poster on the main board said. Looks like Pieniniemi, Pickering and now Kral.
I suppose St. Ivany and/or Ludvig could spend time down there. Shea is ufa atm.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
St Ivany for three years at that cap (775K)? Excellent value. Even if by chance it doesn't work out which I believe it would that's real good work!

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas is simply adding in Gruden and the LD more players to the system for next year or 2. ST Ivany to me is going to be that 3rd pairing RD who gives the Pens an upgrade from Ruhwedel.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dubas is simply adding in Gruden and the LD more players to the system for next year or 2. ST Ivany to me is going to be that 3rd pairing RD who gives the Pens an upgrade from Ruhwedel.
Just wait until Ruh is signed July 1 with his name newly carved on the SC…Sullivan will have a boner…

Reactions: Darren McCord

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment about Malkin, but at the same time, I don't think people pointing out EP40's complete and utter disappearance in the playoffs are "xenophobic." This just happens to be a circumstance in which when you look at who did well and who did not, you notice that the players who did well were all gritty NA players, and the ones who did not were smaller Euros. I met with several clients from Vancouver recently and one from southern Alberta. When discussing the games, the number of times "Pettersson has GOT to get going" was said dominated the conversation. Mikheyev and Suter did themselves no favors. Hogs looked good though.
You're right, Stefan Noesen would be a good target for us this off-season.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol

We love watching terrible positional guys do absolutely nothing and get paid seven figures because "they're safe".

We're f***ing idiots.

I mean it's like... if you wanna pay a guy league minimum-ish to play on the farm because he's dependable and solid in the room or whatever and if you absolutely MUST you can call him up for like a dozen games then whatever. But dude played 78 games on the Penguins one season. And most years at least half the year.

WTF

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean it's like... you wanna pay a guy league minimum-ish to play on the farm because he's dependable and solid in the room or whatever and if you absolutely MUST you can call him up for like a dozen games. But dude played 78 games on the Penguins one season. And most years at least half the year.

WTF
He's safe. He knows the system. Sure he's absolutely useless on the boards, with the puck, without the puck, and clearing crease. But he's in the right place at the right time, and anyway, someone else might make slightly different mistakes.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment about Malkin, but at the same time, I don't think people pointing out EP40's complete and utter disappearance in the playoffs are "xenophobic." This just happens to be a circumstance in which when you look at who did well and who did not, you notice that the players who did well were all gritty NA players, and the ones who did not were smaller Euros. I met with several clients from Vancouver recently and one from southern Alberta. When discussing the games, the number of times "Pettersson has GOT to get going" was said dominated the conversation. Mikheyev and Suter did themselves no favors. Hogs looked good though.

You're right, Stefan Noesen would be a good target for us this off-season.
This issue is cause and effect…when you leap to saying that because these guys are Euro, they didn’t do well or they didn’t do well because they’re Euro…we need to stop that

Reactions: Freeptop

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Ruhwedel was a spare RD and Sullivan played him as a regular which just exposed him as what he really is. Getting a fourth was pretty good so Sullivan with Reirden gone and changes to the roster to get younger and bigger and more grit, ST Ivany, Ludvig on the back end helps the cause. Now go get Stephenson and get Puustinen in the S&C program.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean it's like... if you wanna pay a guy league minimum-ish to play on the farm because he's dependable and solid in the room or whatever and if you absolutely MUST you can call him up for like a dozen games then whatever. But dude played 78 games on the Penguins one season. And most years at least half the year.

WTF
I've been on this dudes shadow since the early days of "Why is he here?"

People actually went to bat for him "calling him a good #6...."

WTF!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad