GDT: #16 - 11/7/13 | New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Let's see who makes a bigger impact on this game. Gaborik or Brassard and Dorsett (still hate that trade with a passion).

My guess is Gaborik.

Seriously, this is going to be weird. Columbus is like the NYR 2.0.

Talbot better be sharp. Gaborik hasn't scored in 4-5 games. He's due for an explosion (legitimately).

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Heres to the gentle giant having himself another good game! Goal for Boyle, win for the Rangers

Championship*

I dont see it. CBJ is pretty bad. I mean if anisimov and dubi are 2 of your top 3 thats not scary :laugh:

Underestimating your opponent can get you into trouble. Any team in the NHL can win any 1 game of hockey on any given day.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Let's see who makes a bigger impact on this game. Gaborik or Brassard and Dorsett (still hate that trade with a passion).

My guess is Gaborik.

Seriously, this is going to be weird. Columbus is like the NYR 2.0.

Talbot better be sharp. Gaborik hasn't scored in 4-5 games. He's due for an explosion (legitimately).

This is the exact reason I'll probably avoid this GDT.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Underestimating your opponent can get you into trouble. Any team in the NHL can win any 1 game of hockey on any given day.
I understand that but i think the rangers are really starting to click and they have gotten guys back.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
...I'd boo him if I were there, but there're a lot of people who look down on that kind of thing in Columbus, and are somehow able to reconcile a guy who led his team to exactly zero playoff wins asking for a trade away from the team that drafted him and holding it hostage with a very short list of approved trade destinations with his being a "good guy" and the most talented guy to play for the team :shakehead don't see the appeal, myself (did I mention I'd boo him?)

Hoping for a good game, good luck tonight!

This is the Rangers board and your GDT, so I'm not going to enter into a defense of my opinions on Nash and who I blame for how things turned out. I'm one of those who almost never boo, so there's that, too. As with fans of all teams, there is rarely complete agreement on the CBJ board on any topic! We likely can all agree with the hope for a good game, though.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
This is the exact reason I'll probably avoid this GDT.

Because of my mentality or attitude? I was honestly just expressing how I felt about the trade, how Gaborik has been this year, and mixed emotions about players I really liked being moved (Anisimov, Dubinsky) for players I can care less about (Nash).

So, I'm kind of on the fence with this game. It will certainly be interesting to evaluate this game though.

Championship*

I understand that but i think the rangers are really starting to click and they have gotten guys back.

Theres really no reason to be cocky. We've lost to much worse teams. I'm sure Pens fans thought they were in store for a win last night.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
has the makings of a let down game, except so many guys have their pride on the line...my guess is, a close game, 1 goal win for either team.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Theres really no reason to be cocky. We've lost to much worse teams. I'm sure Pens fans thought they were in store for a win last night.
There is a difference between cocky and confident. So you are probably misinterpreting which is fine. I dont think the rangers will win 10-0 i think it will be tough but i like the way the rangers have been playing

Championship*

There is a difference between cocky and confident. So you are probably misinterpreting which is fine. I dont think the rangers will win 10-0 i think it will be tough but i like the way the rangers have been playing

I dont see it. CBJ is pretty bad. I mean if anisimov and dubi are 2 of your top 3 thats not scary :laugh:

im surprised people are scared for tonight game, i mean CBJ isnt a good team. Gaborik can score but he isnt as dangerous as players on the pens or teh ducks.

That's pure cockiness. We certainly aren't there yet.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
That's pure cockiness. We certainly aren't there yet.
That isnt pure cockiness. I never once said we would dominate them CBJ isnt a good team which is a fact. They dont have top offensive players besides gaborik whihc is also a fact. Again you misunderstood which is ok. We all misunderstand things no problem

Championship*

That isnt pure cockiness. I never once said we would dominate them CBJ isnt a good team which is a fact. They dont have top offensive players besides gaborik whihc is also a fact. Again you misunderstood which is ok. We all misunderstand things no problem

We don't have top offensive players either. I'm not misunderstanding anything.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
We don't have top offensive players either.
Um....i never said we did. However guys like kreider zucc and hagelin are all nightmares for opposing teams. Also stepan and callahan are finding their games. also our defense is better. So again before you jump off the dead end lol im not declaring victory but i do have confidence.

Championship*

Um....i never said we did. However guys like kreider zucc and hagelin are all nightmares for opposing teams. Also stepan and callahan are finding their games. also our defense is better. So again before you jump off the dead end lol im not declaring victory but i do have confidence.

So if they don't have top offensive players, and we don't, then it's a lot more even then you are led on to believe. You weren't declaring victory? "I don't know why everyone is so scared, they are a bad team".

You've changed your tune since you've been called out.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I need some help with something. I only watch about 20-25 games at my apartment per season. The rest are spent either at work when I am working late (streaming a game) or when I watch games with my dad who has Center ice. I unfortunately have AT&T who doesn't carry center ice thus rendering a slingbox useless.

I also don't want to pay $170 for GCL as I didn't find it to be worth it after purchasing it last season.

Are their any high quality streaming services out there that aren't $150++ that I can purchase to watch tonights game??

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
So if they don't have top offensive players, and we don't, then it's a lot more even then you are led on to believe. You weren't declaring victory? "I don't know why everyone is so scared, they are a bad team".

You've changed your tune since you've been called out.
First I havent changed my tune at all. i mean meant we dont have a crosby or ovechkin type player. also nash is out. However i do like our offensive players more than their. Second im glad i am getting under your skin its fun :laugh:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Exposing Talbot to Gabby?

Oh boy.

well being that gabby has a history of owning hank, i dont think its the worst idea in the world. talbot has played lecavalier, giroux, voracek, datsyuk, zetterberg, alfredsson, tavares and vanek. i dont think he can handle gaborik until proven otherwise.

Championship*

First I havent changed my tune at all. i mean meant we dont have a crosby or ovechkin type player. also nash is out. However i do like our offensive players more than their. Second im g lad i am getting under your skin its fun :laugh:

You went from "lol why is everyone so scared they are a bad team" to "I'm not declaring victory…", a complete 180.

I made that happen.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Their first line makes me kind of sad. I loved Dubi when he was here and I still rock his jersey all the time. Oh well things change and I'll be cheering for him before the game. After the puck drops though.....

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
You went from "lol why is everyone so scared they are a bad team" to "I'm not declaring victory…", a complete 180.

I made that happen.
Again i never changed my opinion. You simply misinterpreted the way you wanted it to sound. This is getting a little ****ing weird :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad