GDT: #16 - 11/7/13 | New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

Again i never changed my opinion. You simply misinterpreted the way you wanted it to sound. This is getting a little ****ing weird :laugh:.

"lol they are bad" is a long way from where you ended up at, which was backpedaling. Guess I won that one.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I guess I'm the only one on this board who doesn't root for the Jackets and the former Rangers.

Well, I think I remember Machinehead saying that too. But everyone else seems to be in full Dubi/Anisimov/Gabby lovefest mode.

Championship*

I guess I'm the only one on this board who doesn't root for the Jackets and the former Rangers.

Well, I think I remember Machinehead saying that too. But everyone else seems to be in full Dubi/Anisimov/Gabby lovefest mode.

I'm with you. Loved those guys when they were here, but that's gone now.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
"lol they are bad" is a long way from where you ended up at, which was backpedaling. Guess I won that one.
Won what Exactly? This is a discussion not a contest. I gave my opinion that you clearly didnt like and you are making **** up lol. Anyway im off to work enjoy the game and make sure you take your prozac

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

i dont root for them. loved arty and gabby when they were here. loved dubi for good portion of his time here. certainly dont root for our new division rivals though. maybe if they were still out west i would feel a little different towards them.

Championship*

Won what Exactly? This is a discussion not a contest. I gave my opinion that you clearly didnt like and you are making **** up lol. Anyway im off to work enjoy the game and make sure you take your prozac

You gave an "opinion" which was extremely cocky and you got called out on it. Now you are running away. I'll take the win on this one, of course.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Good example actually, Buffalo had the advantage when the game was close even though the Sharks had the advantage overall. Still an example of how it is not certain that the better team will win the possession battle. But it is still the most likely outcome.

We're pretty mediocre overall thanks to our abysmal start, but over the past 10 games we are 2nd in the East behind Pittsburgh with a big distance down to 3rd.

Of course there are no guarantees, and I never said so. But what I'm arguing is that it is a safer bet that a 60% possession team will win the possession battle vs a 40% team, than that a 12-0-0 team will win against a 0-12-0 team.

So as far as projections for tonight, the "safest" one is that the Rangers will carry 5v5 play.

But really it all stems from that it is more fun to write "We will dominate!" than "According to the statistics the most probable outcome is that the Rangers will attempt more unblocked shots than the Jackets while both teams have five skaters on the ice and is considered close."

I'm getting psyched for the game, of course there will be a bit of hyperbole. But I need my hyperbole to be based in some sort of facts, because I'm weird like that.

Funny the doom and gloomers and Torts apologists swore up and down that the reason the Rangers were playing the ugliest hockey in the league was because they had no talent and couldn't be a possession team.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
You gave an "opinion" which was extremely cocky and you got called out on it. Now you are running away. I'll take the win on this one, of course.
I was never cocky. Can we end this crap and stop wasting the thread with this? lets talk hockey peacefully which is what i was trying to do

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
does anyone talk hockey around here anymore or is it the normal for threads to get taken over by a handful of people arguing about pointless bs, for ****s sake.

Championship*

Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 1m
Dubinsky: "Sometimes that's just the way New York is. They like the flash and the dash, and they want a new toy." (2of2)

No dubi, we want guys that live up to their contract and don't score 10 goals in 82 games. He also said he doesn't know why they would break up a conference finals team. Maybe because you did nothing that whole playoff run.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm afraid you're right on, although going by the last couple of games the Rangers could take it scoring 1 or 2.

Both. I'd boo him if I were there, but there're a lot of people who look down on that kind of thing in Columbus, and are somehow able to reconcile a guy who led his team to exactly zero playoff wins asking for a trade away from the team that drafted him and holding it hostage with a very short list of approved trade destinations with his being a "good guy" and the most talented guy to play for the team :shakehead don't see the appeal, myself (did I mention I'd boo him?)

Hoping for a good game, good luck tonight!

The guy is one player. He is not a goalie, not a D-man, not a center. He's a winger. Exactly how many wingers can leader their team to anything? Jagr?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I need some help with something. I only watch about 20-25 games at my apartment per season. The rest are spent either at work when I am working late (streaming a game) or when I watch games with my dad who has Center ice. I unfortunately have AT&T who doesn't carry center ice thus rendering a slingbox useless.

I also don't want to pay $170 for GCL as I didn't find it to be worth it after purchasing it last season.

Are their any high quality streaming services out there that aren't $150++ that I can purchase to watch tonights game??

hockeystreams.com

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Dubi is right to some extent. There's a lot of clamoring for "shiny new toys" in the trade rumors thread...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
No dubi, we want guys that live up to their contract and don't score 10 goals in 82 games. He also said he doesn't know why they would break up a conference finals team. Maybe because you did nothing that whole playoff run.

Haha, Oh Dubi. Winning the hearts and minds. He is bitter and wants to make NY fans bitter. Especially HFBoards members. He does read HF and we sure did a whole lot of hating! :laugh:

Championship*

Dubi is right to some extent. There's a lot of clamoring for "shiny new toys" in the trade rumors thread...

He's right to some extent, but this was a guy who was making 4 million a year and scored 10 goals in 82 games, no goals in 20 playoff games, and was traded for Rick Nash, a vastly superior player. That's not a trade New York makes, that's a trade 29 teams make.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY

I'm pretty sure every team board on here has people clamoring for "shiny new toys". Regardless of that, I liked Dubinsky but he is not worth what he is making.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm pretty sure that if you look at other team's trade threads, they want "shiny new toys" too. Hell, even Chicago fans were clamoring for another top 6 player last year.

And no, Dubi, we want a player who can score more than 10 goals after cashing in a nice fat paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad