GDT: #16 - 11/7/13 | New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I don't think Dubi was necessarily referring to only the fanbase, but the organization as well. And we all know that Sather is obsessed with acquiring big names probably moreso than many other GMs in this league...Bure, Jagr, Redden, Gomez, Drury, Gaborik, Richards, Nash, the list goes on. I know a lot of people don't like Dubi, but he was telling it like it is with that comment.

Championship*

Exactly. Comments were not that far off.

What teams wouldn't be clamoring to trade a 10 goal regular season/0 goal playoff scorer making 4 million a year in a package for Rick Nash? Nash outscored both Arty and Dubi by himself last year. Dubi racking up that big goal total of 1. Not denying that Rangers are always looking to make the big move, but let's not pretend that every team in the league A) wouldn't want a player of Nash's caliber if it had the chance and B) Wouldn't pay that price for him. It's not exclusive to the New York Rangers.

Championship*

It's funny how some players are romanticized. I get it, really do. But let's just think about this for a second. This guy **** the bed after he cashed in on a big payday. Was never the same. He's got 15 goals so far over the last 3 seasons. 15! 0 playoff goals in that 11-12 run, when we could have used every goal we could get. He's not in NY right now because of his play. If he was scoring 20 goals and contributing in the playoffs, I think he'd have a case. He made himself expendable and has only himself to blame for where he is.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Exactly. Comments were not that far off.

Again, we can't apply comments directed at NYR management to the fans of the team. Fans are not the front office who decides what is best for the team. Everyone loves shiny new toys, but Sather shouldn't be subjected to that same mentality.

You can however say Sather wants to bring star power and big names to NYC because New York expects the best and brightest.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
It's funny how some players are romanticized. I get it, really do. But let's just think about this for a second. This guy **** the bed after he cashed in on a big payday. Was never the same. He's got 15 goals so far over the last 3 seasons. 15! 0 playoff goals in that 11-12 run, when we could have used every goal we could get. He's not in NY right now because of his play. If he was scoring 20 goals and contributing in the playoffs, I think he'd have a case. He made himself expendable and has only himself to blame for where he is.

I agree completely with your post.

Petr Prucha was the first name that came to mind. I couldn't believe how many people wailed and gnashed their teeth when he was no longer a Ranger.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't think Dubi was necessarily referring to only the fanbase, but the organization as well. And we all know that Sather is obsessed with acquiring big names probably moreso than many other GMs in this league...Bure, Jagr, Redden, Gomez, Drury, Gaborik, Richards, Nash, the list goes on. I know a lot of people don't like Dubi, but he was telling it like it is with that comment.

He wasn't referring to the fan base at all. The fan base didn't trade him. We don't makes the calls.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Textbook example of a player being handed the captaincy due to being the best player on the team. How are you gonna fault Nash for that?

Don't disagree one bit about the textbook part, but Nash lobbied for it. I would have preferred him wearing an A

Does that give him superpowers? :laugh:

You don't need me to answer that, the results speak for themselves. But to be clear, I was linking his captaincy to my use of the word "led", which you called out.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
No dubi, we want guys that live up to their contract and don't score 10 goals in 82 games. He also said he doesn't know why they would break up a conference finals team. Maybe because you did nothing that whole playoff run.

Haha exactly. Huge ego and sabotaged his own career. Him and his buddy Umberger...

Dubinsky is 3rd liner. I liked him. Totally overvalued his own ability. He got paid.

Next.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I need some help with something. I only watch about 20-25 games at my apartment per season. The rest are spent either at work when I am working late (streaming a game) or when I watch games with my dad who has Center ice. I unfortunately have AT&T who doesn't carry center ice thus rendering a slingbox useless.

I also don't want to pay $170 for GCL as I didn't find it to be worth it after purchasing it last season.

Are their any high quality streaming services out there that aren't $150++ that I can purchase to watch tonights game??

Try hockeystreams.com

Punxrocknyc19*

why is Brassard on the 4th?? is he being showcased?? that makes as much sense as Pyatt on the PP

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Because the teams did not play each other last season, all but Tyutin and Stralman will be going against their former clubs for the first time.

"I don't look at it as a distraction," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "It had to come to this point eventually where you have to show up. It's like running into your old girlfriend on the street. You're probably not looking forward to the first time but it's got to happen."

Why not boyfriend? We're the girls now?

Punxrocknyc19*

Move him down to showcase him? Interesting theory.

maybe showcasing Boyle who is an UFA :help: i cant believe some people rather keep him and take the chance of losing him for nothing like Prust. Rangers better trade some UFA.. do what the Sharks did. get younger and faster.... same with the Ducks.. they have alot of youth and still playing well... i really want Etem and Palmeri on the Rangers..id gladly deal Girardi to get either one if they became available..

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
good God...our 3rd line makes me want to cringe for a multitude of reasons. switch Pyatt and Boyle with Miller and Brassard, and it looks ok, but ughhh.

either way LGR!!!

BarbaraAlphanse

why is Brassard on the 4th?? is he being showcased?? that makes as much sense as Pyatt on the PP

Not everyone on this team is being showcased. Interesting theory - others in the line up deserve to play more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad