Gaborik - 4
Dubinsky 4
Anisimov - 3
Erixon - 2
Audy-Marchessault - 2
Tyutin - 1
Delisle - 1

Pyatt - 1

Agree with this. Only difference is I might take a goal away from Audy and give another to Tyutin, but pretty much spot on.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Dude, you really take these stats too religiously.

Possession stats are usually very consistent, so it is very likely that the Rangers will carry the play 5v5 and "dominate" the game. But that doesn't guarantee a win in any way, shape, or form.

So even when a bad possession team beats a good one, which isn't uncommon at all, they will likely lose the possession battle but win through better shooting/goaltending.

So with an advantage like that, I expect the Rangers to carry the play 5v5.

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines
Feels like forever since Dubi played for us. Is that really the first line which Columbus uses? All the players we got from the trades are playing in the fourth line or third defensive pair :( with the exception of Nash who is injured of course. They got an entire first line...

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Feels like forever since Dubi played for us. Is that really the first line which Columbus uses? All the players we got from the trades are playing in the fourth line or third defensive pair :( with the exception of Nash who is injured of course. They got an entire first line...

Yet, according to this board, we're not deep. :laugh:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Brassard is a top-6 forward. Moore is 22. Dorsett is a 3rd/4th liner who brings energy and something this team sorely lacks.

I still think it was a good return.

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines
Brassard is a top-6 forward. Moore is 22. Dorsett is a 3rd/4th liner who brings energy and something this team sorely lacks.

I still think it was a good return.

Yeah. Of course you are right. Brassard was also gold for us in the playoffs. Just felt so odd seeing that first line. Guess that was a slight overreaction.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Rangers lose 12-1

Gaborik - 4
Dubinsky 4
Anisimov - 3
Erixon - 2
Audy-Marchessault - 2
Tyutin - 1
Delisle - 1

Pyatt - 1

I'll take this one. Think I owe you 50 from last night, so doublebor nothing. Actually misread at first, and thiught it was a 12 - 1Rangers Victory, and Pyatt would be minus one. That was less tempting to bet against.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Possession stats are usually very consistent, so it is very likely that the Rangers will carry the play 5v5 and "dominate" the game. But that doesn't guarantee a win in any way, shape, or form.

So even when a bad possession team beats a good one, which isn't uncommon at all, they will likely lose the possession battle but win through better shooting/goaltending.

So with an advantage like that, I expect the Rangers to carry the play 5v5.

That's fair, but I feel like it's too simplistic to say that even with possession. I wonder what the possession stats are like between SJ and Buf.

BTW, how do we rank league-wide? Also how does this team compare to Torts teams?

Punxrocknyc19*

if Nash is healthy by the next time Rangers visit Columbus, will Rick Nash be booed, cheered or a solid mix of both.. as a Rangers fan i cant wait for his return to Columbus.. as for the Jackets visit MSG, i bet Gaborik Dubinsky and Anisimov get cheered... i hope no one boos Gaborik Dubinsky or Anisimov, its not like they requested a trade.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That's fair, but I feel like it's too simplistic to say that even with possession. I wonder what the possession stats are like between SJ and Buf.

BTW, how do we rank league-wide? Also how does this team compare to Torts teams?
Yeah, it's a bit silly to say a team should roll over another because they've been a historically better puck possession team so far. I certainly helps, but no guarantees.

KreiMeARiver*

wow first meeting against the old boys......

please win...please

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
if Nash is healthy by the next time Rangers visit Columbus, will Rick Nash be booed, cheered or a solid mix of both.. as a Rangers fan i cant wait for his return to Columbus.. as for the Jackets visit MSG, i bet Gaborik Dubinsky and Anisimov get cheered... i hope no one boos Gaborik Dubinsky or Anisimov, its not like they requested a trade.

I'll be there and I know I'll be cheering all three of them :handclap: I'd still make those trades any day of the week, but I was a big fan of those players and I hope they're received well at the Garden. I was able to pick up tickets for that game at STH price on ScoreBig, a bit surprising considering it's the first game back for those guys. Not to mention it's the first home game of a new division rivalry.

Wolfy*

A special game for Brassard, Dorsett, and for Gaborik, Dubi. Too bad Nash can't play.

Tonight's fight: Dorsett vs Boll. Book it..

Well, Im not really sure, after all they are old friends.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Very interesting game. Can feel that it will be a special game with so many former players playing their old team. Will we see a fight? Dorsett/Dubinsky....

Btw, Zucc deserves a goal or four after his effort the last games....

Of course the former players are getting the goals.

2-2 2xGaborik, Zuccarello, Brassard
Shootout with Zucc with the winner.

Wolfy*

Dubinsky is actually a decent fighter, his last fight 3 weeks ago was in fact a great one, and he got the best part there..

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
im surprised people are scared for tonight game, i mean CBJ isnt a good team. Gaborik can score but he isnt as dangerous as players on the pens or teh ducks.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Excited for this matchup. Columbus is struggling and we've looked so much better of late, so I'm expecting a win, but interested to see a lot of our old guys return. Finally don't have work or hockey during the game tonight for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad