cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Look here for up to date CBJ stuff:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683103

Foligno will be in, Collins out.
Savard in, Prout out.

Someone asked about the forward lines. Due to lack of scoring, lines have been getting shuffled a lot. With Foligno back in, not sure what the combos will be.

Erixon is in the AHL primarily (my opinion) because he wouldn't have to clear waivers versus Savard (not sure about Prout and waiver status). There really wasn't a discernible difference in play (again my opinion) between Nikitin, Savard, Prout, and Erixon in the preseason.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The following is a list of reasons why Ranger fans think a player will light up the Rangers:
- Playing well
- Playing poorly
- Playing medium
- Ex-Ranger
- On LTIR

I'm missing lots, I know

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
That's fair, but I feel like it's too simplistic to say that even with possession. I wonder what the possession stats are like between SJ and Buf.

BTW, how do we rank league-wide? Also how does this team compare to Torts teams?

Good example actually, Buffalo had the advantage when the game was close even though the Sharks had the advantage overall. Still an example of how it is not certain that the better team will win the possession battle. But it is still the most likely outcome.

We're pretty mediocre overall thanks to our abysmal start, but over the past 10 games we are 2nd in the East behind Pittsburgh with a big distance down to 3rd.

Yeah, it's a bit silly to say a team should roll over another because they've been a historically better puck possession team so far. I certainly helps, but no guarantees.

Of course there are no guarantees, and I never said so. But what I'm arguing is that it is a safer bet that a 60% possession team will win the possession battle vs a 40% team, than that a 12-0-0 team will win against a 0-12-0 team.

So as far as projections for tonight, the "safest" one is that the Rangers will carry 5v5 play.

But really it all stems from that it is more fun to write "We will dominate!" than "According to the statistics the most probable outcome is that the Rangers will attempt more unblocked shots than the Jackets while both teams have five skaters on the ice and is considered close."

I'm getting psyched for the game, of course there will be a bit of hyperbole. But I need my hyperbole to be based in some sort of facts, because I'm weird like that.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The following is a list of reasons why Ranger fans think a player will light up the Rangers:
- Playing well
- Playing poorly
- Playing medium
- Ex-Ranger
- On LTIR

I'm missing lots, I know

:laugh:

Yeah well it is a back to back. The stars are aligned.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
But really it all stems from that it is more fun to write "We will dominate!" than "According to the statistics the most probable outcome is that the Rangers will attempt more unblocked shots than the Jackets while both teams have five skaters on the ice and is considered close."
Disagree completely.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Excited to see all the old guys, hopefully talbot has another good game as well.

Also need to watch out for dubi tonight, gaborik a a great player but I don't think he's going to be nearly as emotionally amped up as dubi will.

Last edited:

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Well, it's not like we don't know how to stop them... hit two of the three and take away their space... the other one will get mad and take a penalty.

Lather, rinse...

I honestly hope this is successfully implemented tonight. I feel like Dubinsky is going to be a tough cookie out there and Gaborik has lit us up big time in the past. Can't let them get the early jump. Pittsburgh almost had it on us last night and Hank closed the door and flipped the momentum.

We need a team effort tonight because I have a sinking feeling it's going to be a tougher game than the one previous.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The Rangers' FenClose is at 55.75% over the past ten games, the Jackets' is at 46.52%. We should dominate this one.

Of course since I said that we'll lose 5-0 with a Gabby hat trick and Dubi and Arty with one each.

Zuccarello -4 since I just added him to my fantasy team.

LGR!

Pretty much this but so many moving parts, don't ever know who'll win and not even with our hopefully dominating play, look at SJ and Buffalo

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
We are 7 8 0 after playing 10 games away and 5 at home. If we win tonight, that will be 8 8 0 after playing 11 games away and 5 at home. Not long ago I was thinking playoff would be a long shot, but this is actually a very good start of the season.

Please win tonight.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
After last nights arse-whopping, this could be the classic 'let down' game. Here's hoping we can get on top early and give Talbot some goal support.

Looking forward to seeing Toots back at the Garden

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
We are 7 8 0 after playing 10 games away and 5 at home. If we win tonight, that will be 8 8 0 after playing 11 games away and 5 at home. Not long ago I was thinking playoff would be a long shot, but this is actually a very good start of the season.

Please win tonight.
Come to think about it, two years ago Rangers start the season quite bad as well, fail for Nail was the word but in the end we made the ECF somehow. Is this the year we make the finals with Nail? :dunno:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
No offense to the former Blueshirts, but a team with a first line with both Dubi and Arty on it cannot have enough scoring depth. Score 3 and we should take this one.

I'm afraid you're right on, although going by the last couple of games the Rangers could take it scoring 1 or 2.

if Nash is healthy by the next time Rangers visit Columbus, will Rick Nash be booed, cheered or a solid mix of both.. as a Rangers fan i cant wait for his return to Columbus.. as for the Jackets visit MSG, i bet Gaborik Dubinsky and Anisimov get cheered... i hope no one boos Gaborik Dubinsky or Anisimov, its not like they requested a trade.

Both. I'd boo him if I were there, but there're a lot of people who look down on that kind of thing in Columbus, and are somehow able to reconcile a guy who led his team to exactly zero playoff wins asking for a trade away from the team that drafted him and holding it hostage with a very short list of approved trade destinations with his being a "good guy" and the most talented guy to play for the team :shakehead don't see the appeal, myself (did I mention I'd boo him?)

Hoping for a good game, good luck tonight!

Championship*

im surprised people are scared for tonight game, i mean CBJ isnt a good team. Gaborik can score but he isnt as dangerous as players on the pens or teh ducks.

Ex Rangers
Just had a Big Win

Could be the prototypical Rangers let down game

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
One thing is sure, they aint 5-9 bad. Should watch out for Aktinson, speedy little fella witch nice hands.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
One thing is sure, they aint 5-9 bad. Should watch out for Aktinson, speedy little fella witch nice hands.

They've been inconsistent. Almost every player has been inconsistent. Those playing best would be Murray and Johansen, which while great for the future is a bit disconcerting for the present.

Atkinson needs to tone down the cuteness (going for the fancy/pretty one) and just get the puck on net. This comment applies for about 1/2 the forwards.

Be nice when visiting our board for those that will, we're a bit grouchy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad