GDT: #15 | Penguins vs Islanders | 02/18/21 | 7:00PM ET

Who will score the 1st goal tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don’t touch L1. Swap ZAR & Zucker is about the only option with McCann out. Zucker has similar results with Sid as Malkin so it seems like L1 would drop more than L2 would gain.

Other than that it’s up to the GM to figure out because I can’t see Sully breaking up his top line when they’ve been our best shot at winning.

The other thing is Kappy is underperforming too and we don’t have great forward depth so Hextall needs to do something.

But you'd know whether it was a Malkin problem or a "these wingers don't cut it" problem.

Which is something we should figure out sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Might be one of the worst offseasons this team has ever had. I know Rodrigues was signed on day one. Jankowski was either day one or shortly after. Neither of them would be above the taxi squad on a contending team. But nope, that's who we want. On day one.
Jank and ERod were signed on day one of free agency. The clip of “in the room” showed they wanted Simon, ERod, and Jank on day one. The only reason why Simon didn’t come back is because the other two dumbies can play center.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
this line is +4 since started playing together, not overrated, probably not as dominant as the media is pumping. but still I agree with @Jesse ...need points against Isles in bothe directions...ride them until it stopped working, adjust other lines and strategies

So not as dominant as the media is saying is what is meant by overrated....

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
But you'd know whether it was a Malkin problem or a "these wingers don't cut it" problem.

Which is something we should figure out sooner rather than later.

It is a Malkin problem. The guy admitted he didn't show up to camp in the best shape. Zucker doesn't fit but even great wingers aren't going to get Malkin back to his normal self, they'll just mask his lack of conditioning better. Which is all we can do this season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh, great. Beauvillier is back.

He was out?

That guy really grew on me last year... I'd commit shameful acts for him to become a penguin.

Seeing this post reminded me all about him... so much time between the hockeying I forgot about some players...

What was his injury?

-----

Checking the sports book not one poster has a bet on the penguins winning in regulation... hah...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, you know once you lose your conditioning, you never get it back. I found that out the hard way when I skipped leg day once. That's why I weigh 900 lbs and eat statins like grapes from the vine.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Well, you know once you lose your conditioning, you never get it back. I found that out the hard way when I skipped leg day once. That's why I weigh 900 lbs and eat statins like grapes from the vine.

In season? Not really heard of in the modern NHL. At 34 you know as well as anybody that you need to work even harder to keep up let alone get better. Next season is probably when we'll know if Geno still has his legs or if this is the new normal.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Watched a random game from December 2015 for a few minutes today. Damn that team was fast and intense. And they moved the puck fast. Like a hurricane. We look like we're skating in mud by comparison.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
In season? Not really heard of in the modern NHL. At 34 you know as well as anybody that you need to work even harder to keep up let alone get better. Next season is probably when we'll know if Geno still has his legs or if this is the new normal.

I think everyone's conditioning this year has been kind of janky, tbh, but that will probably ease away as we play more and more games without interruption. This season is pretty much a lost year so I'd probably not want to extrapolate too much from it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think "big pain point" is being generous. They are an abject failure. (Just go back and look how many freebie goals we've give up from that Weak Side.
I’m not sure we’ve been this bad defensively since THAT Flyers series. Even then it was a real short sample size and seemed like their emotions were their undoing because of who we were playing.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It is a Malkin problem. The guy admitted he didn't show up to camp in the best shape. Zucker doesn't fit but even great wingers aren't going to get Malkin back to his normal self, they'll just mask his lack of conditioning better. Which is all we can do this season.

Interesting theory.

I don't agree with it, but I think it should be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad