GDT: #15 | Penguins vs Islanders | 02/18/21 | 7:00PM ET

Who will score the 1st goal tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean I agree with starting out with them...we’re at home and get last change...if they aren’t scoring goals though against whatever line though, Sully has to be quicker to make changes ...the key is scoring, not just analytics

Just put tanev with geno...

:confused:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just put tanev with geno...

:confused:

i mean I’m for anything that helps get Geno in beast mode whether that’s Tanev, a voodoo doll, crack etc...

we need to string together wins against our competitors now or very shortly we’ll be out for the season

Reactions: vodeni and LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i mean I’m for anything that helps get Geno in beast mode whether that’s Tanev, a voodoo doll, crack etc...

we need to string together wins against our competitors now or very shortly we’ll be out for the season

It sure would be a nice helper to have a dangerous geno out there.

I'm really not holding my breath, but I really hope he turns it up. That entire line turns it up more like.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
ibjGCFY.gif

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The question is when will Hextall and Burke get comfortable with Sully simply not having this team in a position to play hard for 60 minutes. the bigger question is what do they do with that view? Burke has been around long enough to know when a team is not positioned to win. I actually think they may be shocked just how poor this team is slow coming out of the gate every game.

Reactions: Gurglesons

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Sully may be coaching for his job, so of course he's going to go with Jake-Sid-Rusty. That line could singlehandedly win them the game. Against the Islanders, I'm not even sure that's the wrong approach, but long term, they NEED to get Malkin going.

If this game, or any other game, gets out of hand or things are not going well, just try Jake-Geno-Rusty. Who knows, maybe it gets Malkin going and Zucker and/or Kap meshes immediately with Sid. There's nothing stopping you from going back to Jake-Sid-Rusty in the next game if it doesn't work.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I mean I agree with starting out with them...we’re at home and get last change...if they aren’t scoring goals though against whatever line though, Sully has to be quicker to make changes ...the key is scoring, not just analytics

But their line is scoring though and almost at the rate that GMR did last season.

L1 has been together about 8 games and scored 8 goals with 4 against.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
But their line is scoring though and almost at the rate that GMR did last season.

Zucker also point up like 12pts in 15 games with Crosby. Its not like putting them together doesn't have some past effectiveness as well.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Fine, but if they’re not and behind in the game, what’s the harm in breaking them and playing something else in the third period?

Reactions: vodeni

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Zucker also point up like 12pts in 15 games with Crosby. Its not like putting them together doesn't have some past effectiveness as well.

9 goals for and 9 goals against. GF/60 - 2.79 (1.1 lower than current top line) and about the same as Malkin/Zucker

Fine, but if they’re not and behind in the game, what’s the harm in breaking them and playing something else in the third period?

Probability that that will score

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That Crosby line needs to be every bit as productive as the Malkin line last year to justify its existence.

The more I read about this team, it seems like the organization may just be terrified Sid will ask for a trade if things keep going downhill. Maybe they’re just catering to him as much as possible.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
That Crosby line needs to be every bit as productive as the Malkin line last year to justify its existence.

The more I read about this team, it seems like the organization may just be terrified Sid will ask for a trade if things keep going downhill. Maybe they’re just catering to him as much as possible.

It’s there abouts but with much better defense and sustained over a much longer period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad