1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Toth - I don't want to speculate because I don't know...but here's a whole bunch of my speculating including made up conversations...Buff is 30 years old with 50-60 million in the bank.

haha.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Rewucki and Westwood are on vacation. Media tends to take their vacations around the Jets breaks.

yeah that's likely the case, but it's an unusually long vacation for them. Especially both at the same time. Generally they bring somebody in to have a second voice at least.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yesterday listening to a caller , the caller said the Superbowl halftime show with Ja-Lo was promoting human trafficking . :laugh: I spit my coffee out laughing , the only thing it promoted was the question where is the band creating all that music ? Oh right there isn't one . :laugh:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yesterday listening to a caller , the caller said the Superbowl halftime show with Ja-Lo was promoting human trafficking . :laugh: I spit my coffee out laughing , the only thing it promoted was the question where is the band creating all that music ? Oh right there isn't one . :laugh:
Why does everything have to be a Vegas style show now? I was left wondering who the target audience was. Even had a bunch of teens at the party and they were very unimpressed (although that may always be the case)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Why does everything have to be a Vegas style show now? I was left wondering who the target audience was. Even had a bunch of teens at the party and they were very unimpressed (although that may always be the case)

The target audience is the people brought to the Super Bowl, Super Bowl parties, and everyone else who doesn't watch football. Football fans will tune into the Super Bowl regardless, non-football fans care about the performance.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The target audience is the people brought to the Super Bowl, Super Bowl parties, and everyone else who doesn't watch football. Football fans will tune into the Super Bowl regardless, non-football fans care about the performance.
Sure, but I didn't hear from any real people that liked it. Just the media, corporate influencers, celebrity twittersphere etc.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sure, but I didn't hear from any real people that liked it. Just the media, corporate influencers, celebrity twittersphere etc.

The reactions I've heard from friends and co-workers has all been positive. I can understand that it was divisive :laugh:

Reactions: TS Quint

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The reactions I've heard from friends and co-workers has all been positive. I can understand that it was divisive :laugh:
agreed, i didn't like it but from non-football fans that i've talked to they seemed to enjoy it. the production and all that is extraordinary.... the music on the other hand :damnpc:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'll take a couple sexy ladies prancing around in skimpy outfits for 15 minutes over a geriatric band playing 30 year old hits or some bro-country act any day...

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Channelcat's Superbowl party:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-13-at-10.11.27-AM.png

Reactions: Channelcat

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
agreed, i didn't like it but from non-football fans they seemed to enjoy it. the production and all that is extraordinary.... the music on the other hand :damnpc:
I just can't come to terms with the idea of recorded music being presented as a live performance. If the big name is the worst part of the show and they aren't singing, why are they there? Watching Shakira and Jlo dance was painful.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Caller: I don't think you can pay 4-6M for bottom 6 players

JT: i think you can, i think you can pay 3-4

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Caller: I don't think you can pay 4-6M for bottom 6 players

JT: i think you can, i think you can pay 3-4

lol I love when Toth moves the goal posts in one sentence like that. Yes Jim, but 3-4 million is different from 4-6 million. Numbers mean specific things you see. :laugh:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
just f***ing let this caller go guy is ridiculous

this Nick guy comes on and dropping bombs on JT and local media :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: wgpsensfan

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
just ****ing let this caller go guy is ridiculous

this Nick guy comes on and dropping bombs on JT and local media :laugh:
This caller was great! Toth of course moves the goal posts and basically says because local media aren't 'insiders' they are supposed to report on it.

Reactions: Steve1964

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Listened to the call in hour just to see what comedy I missed. And needless to say it didn't disappoint. I almost felt sorry for Toth when Al called in. But then I realized that 1290 pretty much created these clowns.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I do find it a little odd or maybe a bit sad that TSN would let Toth just kinda twist in the wind for 4 hours alone on air every day.
Not really his forte.

Reactions: Steve1964
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad