1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toth loves the idea of trading out of the 1st overall for more picks. I remember he was parroting this idea with the Oilers and McDavid

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I've been listening to a bit of OB since the covid mess started. Not much...I can't take it for long. Man, Cloutier and Courier...what a couple of damp dish rags! Cloutier reads local news like he's Walter Kronkite describing a race riot or something - such gravitas! And Courier...the way he makes little audible noises after every "salient" point he raises...sort of a place-holder instead of saying "okay?" or "right?" And I think he's about as dumb as Toth too...I can't believe the two of them (Cloutier & Courier) have had decades-long careers in radio...although it makes total sense that they've been doing it on OB for most of that time.

Last edited:

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I've been listening to a bit of OB since the covid mess started. Not much...I can't take it for long. Man, Cloutier and Courier...what a couple of damp dish rags! Cloutier reads local news like he's Walter Kronkite describing a race riot or something - such gravitas! And Cloutier...the way he makes little audible noises after every "salient" point he raises...sort of a place-holder instead of saying "okay?" or "right?" And I think he's about as dumb as Toth too...I can't believe the two of them (Cloutier & Courier) have had decades-long careers in radio...although it makes total sense that they've been doing it on OB for most of that time.
I tuned in a few days ago just to see what the programming is like. It's good to know in an ever changing world Toth is still Toth. Twisting himself into a mental pretzel to defend an argument that he probably doesn't believe in. I've been tuning into 590 in Toronto in the afternoon for Writers Bloc. Good content and guests. Shows the value of having a good producer that can get good guests and some imagination when content isn't there.

Reactions: Steve1964

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Anybody else unable to listen online? Tried both on my computer and mobile (through browser and app).

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"JIM TOTH RAGES ABOUT LEAF'S MID-SEASON NOMINEE FOR MEANINGLESS NHL AWARD. NEWS AT ELEVEN"

lol

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Kevin O just annoys me.

"HERE AT THE HOME SCHOOL OFFICE IN CHARLESWOOD" and says he's at home literally 15 times in a show.

Just shut up, dude. We get it lol

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yes they are. What is your go to podcast?
I cycle through a few of them: Spittin Chiclets, PardonMyTake, Get a Grip (golf podcast with Max Homa), ForePlay, some fantasy football podcasts (Late Round QB, EstablishTheRun, FantasyFootballers). Depends what sport I am in the mood for lol.

What about you?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I cycle through a few of them: Spittin Chiclets, PardonMyTake, Get a Grip (golf podcast with Max Homa), ForePlay, some fantasy football podcasts (Late Round QB, EstablishTheRun, FantasyFootballers). Depends what sport I am in the mood for lol.

What about you?

Cool you have a sport leaning playlist.

my #1 is the Tim Ferriss Show

#2 probably Rogan but I cherry pick by guests

#3 Masters or Scale

Lately I have been trying to consume more minutes of “Abundance Digital” which is not a podcast but an online community leveraging convergent technology strategies.

Reactions: Buffdog

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, I've listened to 1290 maybe 5 minutes total over the past 3 months. It's strangely comforting to pop in for a second and hear a bit of Toth inanity, lol.
Haha, I can relate. I haven't listened since April. I turned on to listen to Jim interviewing Ansar Khan who covers the Wings. Good ole Jim bringing up how he remembers Howard when he covered the Moose and then ask about something that has no relation to that but he just wants to drop that in there. Or how he used to "exclusively cover the Jets" then ask about a ham sandwich or something. It's hilarious that he thinks that give him some sort of credibility.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
For those still wondering 1290 is still on the air and Toth is still saying Toth things. This morning they discussed if Theo Fleury should be in the hall of fame and if his past statements and actions are being held against him. Toth didn't think it was, and that there where just other players more deserving. He then proceeds to explain that there are some things he's done and league tried to help and that he didn't take it or didn't complete it and that might be a reason that he's not in.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Glad Wiebe got a job with SN. I hate watching SN anyways, so it’ll be less I hear from him. Wiebe’s World was so zzzzz...

And now that he’s “competition”, likely won’t be hearing about his 2 hole in one’s every time he’s mentioned on 1290.

Reactions: Steve1964
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca