Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
lol not really surprised. dude can barely spit out "odds shark" on a good day

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
To give him due, he didn't confuse them-just misspoke and corrected himself within 1/4 of a second
Okay... I hadn't heard the actual clip. I mean, I know that radio personalities as a group have among the lowest I.Q's of all non-manual labour professions, but that would have really been one for the record books.

Jim's alter ego...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Steve1964

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
To give him due, he didn't confuse them-just misspoke and corrected himself within 1/4 of a second
I'm well aware he misspoke. However why should he get credit for that? Do you hear how many times he "misspeaks" in any given hour?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I disagree. More people will tune in to hear their frustrations vented for them than to simply hear GJG

I think people on here are frustrated with different things than most 1290 listeners. If they did it, it wouldn't be about how Maurice is ruining the roster and the top 6 don't back check.

No matter how much I agree with something, I'm tuning out a negative only show in minutes. Just my personal opinion.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think people on here are frustrated with different things than most 1290 listeners. If they did it, it wouldn't be about how Maurice is ruining the roster and the top 6 don't back check.

No matter how much I agree with something, I'm tuning out a negative only show in minutes. Just my personal opinion.

Negative only, everybody is tuning out. Positive only is getting tuned out too. How about some balance? Some knowledge? Some insight? Some thought?

Reactions: Steve1964

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah I never said “negative.” I just mean a show that takes a hard look at the aspects of the team that may be a concern and doesn’t just white wash them with a blanket “but hey the team is winning games and thats what matters.” And hell, if people don’t tune in so what? Its what, an hour? Are people really tuning in for 12 hours of the videogame show every weekend?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
There's a difference between being negative and telling the truth. Truth isn't always positive, but gotta report as is and the homerism by Toth and Munz is brutal

Reactions: rkp and Steve1964

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah I never said “negative.” I just mean a show that takes a hard look at the aspects of the team that may be a concern and doesn’t just white wash them with a blanket “but hey the team is winning games and thats what matters.” And hell, if people don’t tune in so what? Its what, an hour? Are people really tuning in for 12 hours of the videogame show every weekend?
I would love a show with the features you describe. It’s too bad the IC weren’t a bit edgier.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Think what he actually said was “Tran-gendered“. Then immediately corrected it to transcended.

Oh well. Happens to the best of us!

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
oh boy Toth all by himself on the show so far this morning. Pretty dry and un-enthusiastic radio...
How tf does Bell allow someone on air who >>>> Has no clue about word usage, no clue about verb tense, has gawd awful grammar, terrible pronunciation, an extremely low IQ, is a liar (about his "inside contacts"), and yes schlllurs like a freakin little kid! I mean my gawd how easy is it to say CFL and not Sheeee FL.

Reactions: rkp

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Think what he actually said was “Tran-gendered“. Then immediately corrected it to transcended.

Oh well. Happens to the best of us!
Combine that with the rest of the total crap he brings to the table and you get a 100% complete waste of space and time.

Reactions: rkp

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Ryan Brandt is really pretty good imo. But Bell will allow Kevin O'idiot to take the chair back I'm quite sure. However next time someone on that friggen station says "festivities" I am looking for a rope.

Last edited:

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
Rick Ralph.. at about 2.20pm... Josh Morrissey was a THIRD round pick! Caller had to correct him.. WTF! Does anyone at 1290 have an IQ above a goldfish?

Reactions: Jets 31

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ryan Brandt is really pretty good imo. But Bell will allow Kevin O'idiot to take the chair back I'm quite sure. However next time someone on that friggen station says "festivities" I am looking for a rope.
He's the best talent they have, by a mile. Should probably host the morning show.

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I swear every time I tune into the morning show now (which isn't that often), they are interviewing Paul Edmonds and his cell phone signal is breaking up and Toth starts saying "Paul! Paul! You're breaking up!". Is he using a Motorola brick phone?

Actually, probably not such a bad thing if his signal is breaking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad