1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
@Jet was in this business and would have a good idea of salary range. As I recall Wheeler was suing his former employer and I think his salary might have been disclosed in that release?
He is asking for just under $1.4 million in lost wages and $80,000 in bonuses, plus pension and other benefits he would have received if his 2017-22 contract hadn't been cancelled, court documents say

Holy crap.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
So listening to them go on this morning about Samberg and Heinola in the line up next year I decided to try the text line. I wish I had kept a screen shot but here's the basic jist of what the exchange looked like.

I said "can we really expect Paul Maurice to play two rookies on the same blue line next year?" The reply came back "Yes I do". I didn't want to come off like a Maurice hater (which I am) so I responded something to the effect of "I should have clarified that it's hard to imagine a team with cup expectation to have two rookies on the same blue line." I was expecting this thing to end there but got a reply with something about ELCs with a follow up of "Once you've played a regular season ...they'll know come playoff time." Which is pretty much the opposite of what they have done Niku and Heinola this year. I didn't even bother to respond to that one.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Brandon: The Sharks have a better PK SV% compared to Even-Strength SV%

JT: How? is Brent Burns just blocking every shot?

:skeptic:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Jim defends Dubas by suggesting that he simply has no assets to use to make a deal that might improve the Laffs now. Why, there's just nothing the poor guy can use to make a move! What's a GM to do?

Hey Jim, who's job is it to manage assets? The fact that they have nothing left with which to do anything is not at all a vote of confidence for the GM.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Jim defends Dubas by suggesting that he simply has no assets to use to make a deal that might improve the Laffs now. Why, there's just nothing the poor guy can use to make a move! What's a GM to do?

Hey Jim, who's job is it to manage assets? The fact that they have nothing left with which to do anything is not at all a vote of confidence for the GM.
He's just talking to say something. But as for the Leafs, clearly it starts with the Tavares signing. It was seemingly all about making a splash, and not smart team building.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

He did have to clean the previous GMs mess too though. The Zaitsev and Marleau deals for instance.

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019
I listened in for a while this morning....not sure why though. I caught the interview with Dennis Beyak. Is there anyone out there who uses more words to say so little?
I, uhhhhhhhhhhhh, completely, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, agree with, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, your post, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Reactions: drumzan

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Kevin Cheveldayoff?
Again, y’know, it’s a process. Again, a lot of moving parts. Y’know, in a Cap based league. Again, y’know, the Scheifele’s, the Morrissey’s, the Laine’s. Y’know, we do our due diligences, they do their due diligences. Again, y’know, again.

Reactions: Steve1964

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He's just talking to say something. But as for the Leafs, clearly it starts with the Tavares signing. It was seemingly all about making a splash, and not smart team building.
I'm not saying inalways agree with Brian Burke but I think he was right what he said "you can't sign your 5th (6th?) best player to 7 million dollars".

Reactions: Channelcat

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is asking for just under $1.4 million in lost wages and $80,000 in bonuses, plus pension and other benefits he would have received if his 2017-22 contract hadn't been cancelled, court documents say

Holy crap.

GTFO $1.4 million for a chef :laugh:.

A good Chef can be hired for $80,000 a year and this guy would have had a cake walk job cooking for one person.

what a joke.

whoops sorry I think your response was to Wheeler the radio personality I mistakenly thought this was for Scheif’s personal chef and his beef with Mark.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
GTFO $1.4 million for a chef :laugh:.

A good Chef can be hired for $80,000 a year and this guy would have had a cake walk job cooking for one person.

what a joke.
It's starting to look like someone got his hooks in Scheifele, which most likely lead to him changing agents.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They have 3 more loser points than us.
Technically that makes them bigger losers than us.
Watched Tim and Sid yesterday and Sid went off on the Leafs saying they are not a playoff team and won't make the playoffs . :laugh: It was good humor , and don't forget Chevy is a complete moron according to lots of people on here and Dubas is a genius . :help:

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Wheeler DJ
Wheeler's lucrative contract with Rogers is detailed in the suit. His initial five-year agreement, signed in 2012 when the station lured him over from Corus' Power 97 (CJKR-FM), earned him a starting salaryof $255,000 a year, with $5,000 annual salaryincreases and $10,000 semi-annual ratings bonuses.Sep 21, 2018

All of your big radio personalities will be making six figure plus, some close to 500k
Lamont Hollywood from Winnipeg is now in California making huge money living in a mansion.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not saying inalways agree with Brian Burke but I think he was right what he said "you can't sign your 5th (6th?) best player to 7 million dollars".

No reason why you couldn't do that. But you can't do that when you have 3 forwards making 11 mil each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->